“Disappointed that I missed it”
Review of Tacheles - CLOSED

Tacheles
More attraction details
Owner description: This trendy art gallery is located in a dilapidated building, a symbol of the manner in which art thrived in the bleak atmosphere of Cold War Germany.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was so excited when I heard about Tacheles, and it was top of my list of places to visit in Berlin. The walk there was lovely, but unfortunately it's closed now. Having seen so many photos, it seems such a shame thar it's no longer running.

2  Thank 178bridgettc

Reviewed 1 April 2014

It was very sad to see this once so vibrant place of alternative culture all closed and barred up, and the worst thing is, that damn Hamburg Nordbank did not even do anything at all with the building. Just a sad scar on the now more and more gentrified Oranienburger street. Still deserves 5 stars for the place it once was. I feel realy sorry for all of you who never will get the chance to experience it.

4  Thank petraqrsq
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Amazing place where you could visit art shows, as well as music concerts and live gigs. former school this place turned into a social environment where some good artist lived and exposed their works. On the top of the floors there was a little bar with a balcony. some nights dj's played there with visual projections directly on the big building windows free in front of the balcony.
good vibes

1  Thank R M
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We found the place closed - gates and doors locked and surrounded by fencing. We were very disappointed because our daughter had been not long previously. However, the walk to the area led us to the old Jewish Quarter with interesting courtyards, art galleries, cafés and shops so our time wasn't entirely wasted.

1  Thank carolsoriginalprints
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I heard this place is closed now? Who knows? When I went, we had a fantastic night at Cafe Zapata where the music was crispy tech-house and one could speak to loads of cool artists, musicians and all-round left leaning Berliners! This is a great place to explore at night, especially if you have a Berlin local with you.

7  Thank ShravanBhat