“Perfect”

art'otel berlin mitte
Ranked #62 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Very happy with the whole arrangement. Friendly staff (speaking very good english), large and clean room, great price (£90 for two nights) and an ideal location (Right beside the underground station, 20m or so). I really can't fault it at all and will definitely go back there when I'm in Berlin again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott M
SPraxmarer, Manager at art'otel berlin mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear ScottM,

thank you very much for the lovely feedback you have given at TripAdvisor.
I am more than happy to share your comment with my team. I was very pleased to hear that you liked our surroundings, enjoyed the lovely and professional service and in general you had such an enjoyable stay at the art'otel berlin mitte.
I hope to see you again at the art'otel berlin mitte or in one of our other art'otels when you are back in Berlin.

Guest Relations & Duty Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I can say it was good location because of close to the metro station. But there is nothing right near, very quiet place. So, next time we will choose something more close to "city life".
Hotel is shabby (dirty carpets and old bathroom) and i didnt see so much real art there.
Brunette girl at the reception wasnt nice, little impolite and with false smile. When we arrived she looked like we disturb her from something and she just wanted to finish with us fast. Not good start :-(

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicy16

Dear Vicy16,

we appreciate your feedback which you posted on TripAdvisor.
I want to apologize for the bad service you experienced at check in. Our goal is to ensure through training of staff a very good service team. I have discussed with the person involved.
I am sorry that we could not meet all your expectations.
Regarding the rooms I am happy to tell you that in 2014 we are doing an extensive redecoration at the art'otel berlin mitte. The main focus will be on guest- and bathrooms.
I would be pleased if we can convince you of our high service standards at a next visit to Berlin.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I really like this boutique-y chain hotel. It’s pretty reasonable and the rooms are update, clean, and comfortable. They have really thought through their audience, and what they like from top to bottom. Staff is always helpful and not focused on finding ways to charge you for every little thing.

* Clean, bright modern rooms, with amenities
* HEATED TOWEL RACK!!!
* Really large collection of medium quality soaps, gel things and stuff.
* Not many great restaurants within a few blocks --- but walk a half mile or so there are plenty of good, quality choices
* If you are on the 6th floor, only one elevator goes to your floor which is a big inconvenience. I wouldn’t stay on that floor.

Room Tip: Don't go to the 6th floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The artótel berlin mitte is located just a few steps away from the u-Bahn. The hotel has nice rooms, nothing fancy but has all what you need. The beds are quite firm. The hotel offers free internet but this is very slow. If you want something with speed you have to pay. The buffet breakfast has a very good selection. This is a hotel with good value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Norwegian1905
SPraxmarer, Manager at art'otel berlin mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Norwegian,

thank you for your great and wonderful feedback that you have shared at Tripadvisor. I am thrilled you had a fabulous time at art'otel berlin mitte. I have personally passed this feedback onto our team. Thanks for the advice concerning the internet. We did check other options and finally we changed the external provider, so we can serve our guest a better and faster high speed internet now. Also i was very pleased to hear that you liked our breakfast, enjoyed the lovely and professional service and in general you had such an enjoyable stay with us.
I would be happy to welcome you back at art’otel berlin mitte or in one of our other art'otels..

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed there only for two nights. The location is excellent of you are interested in visiting Mitte and Alexanderplatz area. The bus and train stop are just beside the hotel entrance. The hotel rooms are fine, clean and the room service is great. But considering the price range you should not expect a luxury hotel room. I can say that location and overall atmosphere is excellent but rooms, building and stuff like this is average. Recommend it if you have a short stay in Berlin.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SPraxmarer, Manager at art'otel berlin mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Mohammad,

first of all I want to thank you for ýour feedback on TripAdvisor.
I´m glad you liked the location of art'otel berlin mitte and all the surroundings.
I also want to thank you for the positive feedback regarding our rooms and our friendly staff.
Regarding our rooms I`m happy to inform you, that in 2014 we will are doing a extensive redecoration at the art’otel berlin mitte. With focus on guest- and bathrooms.
I would be happy to welcome you back at a next visit to Berlin and do not hesitate to contact me personally if you need assistance.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed at the Art'otel well located within Mitte. It had an Andy Warhol theme throughout the hotel that finished it off nicely. Rooms are spacious and well designed with large bathrooms. Staff were very helpful when checking in and out. Breakfast was brilliant, plenty of choice and a great dining area. Great location if you want to explore berlin along with being very close to the U Bahn. The hotel was tidy and clean throughout. Pleasant 4 night stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jonathan,

thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.
the art'otel berlin mitte is dedicated to Georg Baselitz, one of the most famous contemporary german artists.
I`m happy to hear that you had a wonderful time in Berlin. I am glad you liked our rooms, the service and all the surroundings. It will be a pleasure to pass the positive feedback to our staff.
I would be happy to welcome you back at art'otel berlin mitte or in one of our other art'otels.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

It is a nice hotel. Good location because it's near to the museum island but not to close to the noise part of the city. Near by there is the metro station (100m). All the hotel it's full of art, the staff it's all friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
SPraxmarer, Manager at art'otel berlin mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Athanasio,

first of all I want to thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I´m happy that you liked the location of art'otel berlin mitte and the surroundings.
Similar to a gallery, art'otel berlin mitte is dedicated to Georg Baselitz, one of the most famous contemporary german artists.
On behalf of our entire staff here at art'otel berlin mitte we would like to thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.