“Good hotel and good location”

art'otel berlin mitte
Ranked #65 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A good comfortable hotel in a good location near UBahn and walking distance from most tourist sites. Recommended for first time visitors to Berlin. The breakfast room is very pleasant and the artworks from George Baselitz are very interesting.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SPraxmarer, Manager at art'otel berlin mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear MarkP,

thank you for your feedback you posted on TripAdvisor.
I am happy to hear that you liked all the surroundings and also liked the artworks of Georg Baselitz. He is one of the most famous contemporary german artists.
I am very pleased about your positive impressions about our breakfast room and in general you had an enjoyable stay in Berlin.
I would be very happy to welcome you back at the art'otel berlin mitte or in one of our other art'otels.

Best wishes

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel and it won't be our last! We love the hotel, with its great position next to the canal (at the back of the hotel) and just 15 minutes walk to Museum Island, along the canal.
The room was great....for an slightly extra cost we upgraded to suite! A light room with lots of space and a wonderful coffee machine which also made lovely tea!
The staff are very friendly, really helpful and respectful.
We ate twice in the restaurant and both times were impressed. A good experience.
I would highly recommend this hotel as a chic, cool place to enjoy Berlin away from the bustle of the city, yet within walking distance of all the main attractions.

Room Tip: Ask about upgrades, you might get a suite for a small extra charge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
SPraxmarer, Manager at art'otel berlin mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Inge R,

thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the art'otel berlin mitte on TripAdvisor.
I am happy to hear that you had an other enjoyable stay at our hotel and that we could met all your expectations a second time.
On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again at the art'otel berlin mitte when you are back in Berlin.

Best wishes

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a great hotel for exploring the wonderful city of berlin. The hotel is centrally located and within seconds of an U-Bahn station (markisches museum) so you can jump straight out of the hotel and onto a train.

Check I'm was easy and the staff polite and helpful. I wanted to my partner out for a meal and the gentleman on reception was accommodating and informative despite my poor German.

The rooms were clean and modern, the only grumble would be that the bathroom could do with a bit of a facelift. However, it is clean and crisp white so I can't complain for the budget price we paid.

Can't comment on the restaurant as we opted for room only in order to sample the cuisine on offer around berlin.

Whilst not the most luxurious hotel in the world, it is clean and in a great location whilst being fantastic value for money.

We would definitely consider this hotel for a return trip.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
dgoericke, Front Office Manager at art'otel berlin mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

dear bethh17
thank you you for staying at art'otel berlin mitte and writing this review.
your feedback is really important to us, it gives us the opunity to improve our service.
we are already in the process of giving the rooms and bathrooms a face lift, which should be finished by the end of the year.
I am glad that you did enjoy your time here and we hope to welcome you back in the future, then you are able to test our new renovated rooms.
yours sincerely
dominique göricke
front office manager

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night. The room was clean and modern. Good location with very easy access to the metro. Some good restaurants nearby. The breakfast was good and the staff helpful. I would recommend to business and leisure visitors

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ElsieLC

Dear ElsieLC,

thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that you liked all the surroundings and our delicious breakfast buffet and enjoyed your stay at the art'otel berlin mitte.
Thank you for your feedback regarding our staff. I have personally passed this feedback onto our team.
I would be very happy to welcome you back at the art'otel berlin mitte or one of our other art'otels.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you fancy a long weekend in Berlin then the Art'otel berlin mitte is a good choice. Its located right by the underground station called " Markisches Museum". The road is quiet so there is little traffic noise at night time even if you are on the front of the hotel. We stayed there at the end of April 2014.

The rooms are clean, modern - the beds were very comfortable and the airconditioning works well. The rooms have a good sized flat screen TV with channels in all languages. No bath but a decent shower. There is tea/coffee making facilities in the room. My wife thought the hairdrier weighed a ton, perhaps a little over engineered! The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming and if you ask, reception will give you a good map of Berlin. We arrived on an early Ryanair flight from the UK departing Stanstead at around 6 am and got to the hotel before 11am from Schonfeld. (10am UK time). The hotel gave us our rooms immediately upon arrival so we were able to check in early, unpack to do some sightseeng. The journey from the airport is fairly easy, a short train journey to Alexanderplatz costing just a few euros and then three or four stops on the Underground will take you straight to the hotel.

Location of the Hotel is good. Its in a quiet neighbourhood but if you don't mind about a 15 minute walk there are plenty of places to go in the evening within a reasonable distance from the hotel. We stayed at the front on the 1st floor but there was no traffic noise at night. Our friends stayed at the back which looks onto a courtyard and some appartments.

We did not take the hotel breakfast but found a nice friendly coffee shop located about 150m from the hotel where you can get a coffee and something to eat for very reasonable prices. We noticed several guests did the same.

Opposite the coffee shop is a place where you can rent bikes for 10 euros a day (that means 24 hours hire, from whatever time you start the hire). There are not that many bikes at this location but if you miss out on the convenience of hire right near the hotel, there are plenty of places to hire a bike. This just happens to be extremely handy if you are staying at this hotel.

For those not familiar with Berlin, it must be the most cycle friendly city in the world. There are no hills at all! Almost every road has a cycle lane and motorists respect cyclists (or at least seem to do so!) In my view, there is no better way to explore Berlin than on a bike. You can get around twice as fast as using the very reasonably priced public transport and get an idea of the geography of the place. Although apprehnsive about the idea, we even took our bikes out at night, its that easy to cycle around, even in the dark (with lights of course).

If you don't cycle then the Art'otel is still well placed to do any sightseeing on foot or using a combinaton of underground, and trams.

Our group, which consisted of two couples and we would certainly recommend the Art'otel as a great reasonbly priced comfortable hotel in a good location for exploring Berlin, which is a lovely city and which far exceeded my expectations. There is loads see and do in Berlin. I would recommend it as a destination and this hotel is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: All I can say is the rooms at the front of the hotel are quiet as are the rooms at the back. Only s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank LaurenceSolihull
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Although the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, we were surprised to discover that our room was tiny,not so clean, and right in front of a construction sight. It was always too hot in the room and (the air conditioner was pretty bad..). All and all it is a nice hotel, in a nice (quite boring) location (nothing around except the metro). For a more exciting area try maybe something in the are of Europe mall maybe . I guess for its price this hotel was nice.. Places nearby : Indian restaurant (a little expensive but pretty good), a tiny Caffè right around the corner and a kiosk where you can rent bikes for 10euros.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ahib42
SPraxmarer, Manager at art'otel berlin mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Ahib42,

thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
First of all I would like to apologize for the fact you didn´t like the room.
Regarding the cleanliness issus I will talk to our executive housekeeper to avoid mistakes like this in the future.
I am sorry that the air conditioner didn´t work like expected. I will resolve this issue with our maintainance department.
Thank you very much for your comments about the staff and the service, I will pass your feedback to all the team members.
I am sorry to hear that you didn´t like the quietness of our hotel.
I hope nevertheless that you enjoyed your stay in Berlin and I look forward to welcome you back at the art'otel berlin mitte or in one of our other art'otels.

Best regards

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We visited this hotel last week and it was just perfect for what we were looking for. This hotel is handy for the underground, and not far away from the centre of town. The rooms are practical yet modern with comfy beds, good aircon and are very clean. The barman gave us good advice of where to go in the evening which was crucial!!! I can't really fault the place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Sehr geehrter Tasty10,

thank you for sharing your great feedback about art'otel berlin mitte at TripAdvisor.
I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time in Berlin. I am glad you liked our rooms, our service and the location of the hotel.
It is always great to get such a good feedback and I have passed this feedback onto our team.

Hopefully I will be able to welcome you back at art'otel berlin mitte.

Kind regards