“Stylish”
Review of Regent Berlin

Regent Berlin
Ranked #5 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have just stayed for 5 nights in this very comfortable hotel. It was stylish in its presentation and in its service. A few minor niggles but overall outweighed by many more positives. The price of the hotel is very reasonable for the comfort and service offered although the food was a bit pricey compared with some very good food found locally. Our pillows were too soft and a firmer option would have given us better sleep. The rooms were immaculately clean. Overall this hotel sets a high standard. We would recommend it to anyone visiting Berlin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank najneb
RegentBerlin, Manager at Regent Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear najneb,

It is with so much pleasure to read your review regarding your stay with us. The headline "Stylish" itself makes us proud.

We always strive to exceed the guests’ expectations and we are proud to hear we are on a good way.

We do hope to welcome you back soon so don´t let us wait too long.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

How can you not love a hotel while occupying a well-appointed, two-room corner suite overlooking the Gendarmenmarkt in central Berlin? Despite the fluctuating weather of clouds and rain, the room was light and airy with little walkout balconies that allowed the fresh breeze through. We had everything we could want in a hotel room, complete with quality high-speed wi-fi service, a Nespresso coffee maker and a walk-in closet with plenty of storage. The bath even offered a sit-down vanity with makeup mirror. A delicious breakfast with some of the best poached eggs we've had was included in our rate. The Galleria Lafayette is around the corner and their gourmet shop in the basement provided nice wines and appetizers for enjoyment in the room. The neighboring Borchart restaurant was recommended by the concierge and was an excellent lunch stop. We definitely recommend this hotel for its service, it's appointments and it's excellent location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RegentBerlin, Manager at Regent Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Terri S,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy you had a great time in Berlin and enjoyed our hotel Regent Berlin in the comfortable suite and nice service with tips to spend the day.

We do appreciate your review here on TripAdvisor very much. It shows us being on the right path to achieve our aim in offering a home away from home for every guest.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again and hope it won’t be too long.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel last fall and was absolutely delighted. I visit Berlin often, as I have family here, so was happy to have found this quiet, elegant, perfect hotel to use as a pied a terre during my Berlin visits.

However, things are different this time. I needed to come to Berlin suddenly for a family medical emergency, and I was counting on the efficiency, comfort and professionalism of the Regent to make my stay easier during a difficult time. Things have not turned out that way. My main complaint is the in-room wireless service. It has been broken on my floor since I've been here (6 nights so far). I was really counting on this because I need to be in constant contact with family members and to do research on medical issues facing the sick person, as well as try to keep up with ongoing projects at home in the US. This is not a vacation! I have had to spend a lot of extra money on data and voice plans for my cell phone because I have no wifi access. I can go to the very pleasant bar downstairs to access wifi, but with time zone differences I often need to be on the internet in the middle of the night (like now). This has been extremely inconvenient.

Another complaint is the room service . My breakfast order has had some mistake or other nearly every time. A forgotten spoon, no butter, cold porridge etc. Small things and always politely and easily remedied, but still unacceptable service for a 5 star hotel.

The concierge staff is polite and helpful, but something is lacking. I expect a concierge in a hotel like this to be extremely familiar and connected with the city. On my last visit, I was thrilled when the concierge was able to find me a ticket to a sold out concert. That concert was a highlight of my stay.
This time, when I needed to find a doctor (because I came down with bronchitis from all the travel and stress), I was sent to a clinic down the street where I waited over an hour and never saw a doctor before having to leave to deal to be with my sick family member. The concierge basically Googled to find a doctor . I could have done that. I speak German . I would expect a hotel like this to have better references and connections.

So, overall, I find the staff to be polite, helpful, and professional (especially Cem at the concierge desk). The rooms are very comfortable, well appointed, and quiet.The housekeeping staff does a beautiful job. But there are have been a number of unacceptable problems. Surely it can't take a week to fix an IT problem in a city like Berlin? I hope management brings this lovely hotel back up to par.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank jde888
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is really a gem, located in the very heart of Berlin. From the outside it impresses as very modern and maybe a bit severe, but by passing the impressive entrance you enter into a warm world of classic and luxurious chic: marble, mirrors, mahogany, stylish furniture, chandeliers, a sumptuous flower bouquet and a subtle yet delicious fragrance throughout the public spaces of the hotel. The lobby and front desk areas are not vast or intimidating, but rather modest in size, which gives you an almost homely feel. And most significant of all: there’s this wonderful atmosphere of quiet and calm that surrounds you (very different from some other huge 5 star hotels in the vicinity, with their over-sized and over-crowded noisy lounges!). As a bonus there is this wonderful small garden where by fine weather you can have your drink. The staff is completely in sync with the surroundings: very civilized, polite, efficient and extremely friendly. Breakfast is not overblown, with just a modest buffet, but is has everything you need and the personal service is spotless. The charge of 35 euro is of course exorbitant, as are the prices for drinks in the bar (a beer: 7 euro, a Dry Martini: 15 euro) but you can expect this in a hotel of this stature.

My room (a Superior King, the most modest type) was also as could be expected: spacious, with classic yet comfortable furniture, an excellent bed, and a well-equipped and stylish bathroom. Those who look for modern gadgets like a Jacuzzi or a tv-screen electronically popping out off the front of your bed, will be disappointed. But evidently style predominates here, and I never missed any of that. I just enjoyed the comfort and the peace and quiet of the room, looking out (by a little balcony) over the inner garden and not a sound of the busy city spoiled it. Oh, by the way, wifi is free of charge throughout the hotel and it worked like a charm.

Were there no flaws? Well, hardly. One would be the knot of wires (lamps, internet, tv, etc.) that very visibly clung against the wall under the open desk. It’s a common frustration at home, so I don’t expect it in a 5 star hotel. One other complaint: without my being asked I got a room with two separate beds. Of course I could (should) have complained, but it didn't seem worth the trouble. In hindsight however it still struck me as odd: is this standard policy when rooms are used by single guests? A simple e-mail to ask me for my preference would have solved this in advance.
For the rest: just the highest praise. I definitely will come back soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Johannes1000
RegentBerlin, Manager at Regent Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2014

Dear Johannes1000,

Thank you for staying with us at the Regent Berlin and taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

We are delighted to know that the staff was friendly and courteous, we strive to give you the best service and are happy that your expectations were met.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again and hope it won’t be too long.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel back two weeks ago. It was a very pleasant surprise. The hotel is a classical builing and so is decoration and service. Exquisite. For those enjoying classic hotels this is the perfect option in Berlin. I have also been to other wel known hotels in the city, but Regent Berlin has gone a step further with the service and willingness to make each guest feel unique. Do not hesitate for this hotel, I can only highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank luxhunter81
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I spent 5 nights here on a solo journey planned mainly to take in the city's renowned museums. The hotel's overall ambiance, my guestroom, the amenities, service and breakfasts were all you'd expect from a top-notch luxury hotel. The bathroom was lavish and I had a view of the Cathedral domes in Gendarmenmarkt Square. (The hotel is not on the square!). The location was unbeatable... within walking distance of Museum Island, Unter den Linden and loads of wonderful restaurants and cafes. A couple U-bahn stops were also within an easy 5 to 10 minute walk. I don't think you can ever go wrong with Regent Hotels, and the Regent Berlin more than delivers.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RogersParkTraveler

Dear BuenaParkTraveler,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a nice review on your stay at the Regent Berlin and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guest. Thank you for highlighting the superb location, pleasant ambience of the hotel, our breakfast, our rooms and the professional approach of the staff. Your comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team and we feel honored to found a new Regent Berlin fan.

We hope the nice memories will bring you back soon.

Best regards from sunny Berlin,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had booked this hotel as part of a package. I was travelling with my teenage boys and had booked the three of us into one room. Upon arrival this didn't seem like such a good idea and I asked to book a second room. I was told that this would require a call to the manager to check the rate. I was then told that I would have to pay "rack rate" for the room. This was somewhat disconcerting since I could have simply logged onto a computer in the business center and paid a lot less by booking electronically. C'est la vie. The hotel is located within walking distance of many of Berlin's iconic sites. The restaurant recommendations were spot on. The concierge desk was helpful and accommodating. The included breakfast was a great way to start the day. Overall an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family