“Service less than perfect, Hotel excellent.”
Review of Regent Berlin

Regent Berlin
Ranked #6 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 16 June 2014

At the end of a long and tiring journey and having informed the hotel in advance of our arrival time it was disappointing that my suite was not ready. The woman at reception took the luggage and assured me that she would have the room serviced and call me as soon as it was available. This was at 11:30am. At 14:00, having heard nothing and growing weary of killing time wandering around aimlessly, I returned to reception to hear that the room was still not ready, but would absolutely be ready at 15:00 which was the cut off time that every room in the hotel would be ready and available. As one might have guessed by now, when 15:00 arrived the room was not ready. Not only this but the lady with whom I had been speaking saw me coming and vanished into the staff areas. When receiving the news that the suite still wasn't ready but they would call me when it was, I became slightly irritable and no longer accepted any delays or excuses. This approach was fruitful and I was then shown to another suite which WAS ready. Why I wasn't offered this in the hours before I have no idea.
The suite was perfectly acceptable, reasonable large with a sitting room, dressing room, bedroom and bathroom. It was tastefully decorated throughout and there were a couple of English channels available on the two TVs. The bathroom was very nice indeed. The bedding was crisp and good quality and there were plenty of pillows.
I made use of the gym each day and had the place to myself. It is small but has benches, dumbbells, treadmills and cross trainers. There is enough equipment to put in a workout. The changing rooms are spectacular with beautiful decor, a sauna, large showers and full range of complimentary toiletries. I was also offered fresh fruit and bottled water by staff each day.
Room service was reasonably priced, good quality and delivered on time and piping hot.
The location is very good, easily within walking distance of most things one might want to see, and taxi and rickshaw prices are very low should you wish to rest your legs or explore further afield.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lee J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked to stay here for a personal extension to a business trip and it was where a friend was staying. I booked a special rate at 265 E a night off their website.

As a 5 star hotel with a good tripadvisor reputation, I was a little suirprised to find an empty foyer when I arrived. When asked to be guided to somewhere where I could talk to a business colleage before I checked in, I was shown into the bar. It was lunchtime and there was no-one there. It was dark. We talked for 15 minutes and someone came along and was surprised we were there - took our order and put on the lights. I never did find a lounge - so Hotel - if there is one - then you really need to do a better job of making it clear.

My friend and I had dinner in the restaurant and it was exceptional - I'll review that under separate cover.

Before going into the restaurant - the service in the bar was pretty shocking. Again it was empty and no-one came to serve. Eventually some other people came in and they were served before us. The champagne was cold and just passable.

My room was a decent size and was nice. No iron as often the case in many high end hotels (NOTE TO HOTEL - THIS IS NOT WHAT WE ALL WANT. I was lucky my shirt for dinner did not need ironing as I found out 10 minutes before dinner that there was no iron). I am sure that if I had asked one would have been bought, but I don't want to have to ask. Gripe over.

I have to say breakfast was spectacular. Very good.

So overall, I was surprised by the lack of service relating to the bar. Twice. I though should I drop this to 3 stars in my review, but in the end I said no. I enjoyed the hotel (restaurant gets 5* even though it was very very expensive). But if I was going back - I might try to see what other rates were at the Hilton or the Sofitel around the corner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank thefrequenttraveller
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have just spent four excellent days at the Regent Berlin. The hotel is beautifully equipped and pleasantly furnished. There is a great use of marble, wood panelling and rugs which give the building a much more traditional feel than its exterior suggests. Staff were very helpful and friendly. And breakfast was perfect. Was also a very nice champagne/cocktail bar area at back of the hotel. My only criticism would be that the price of dinner in the restaurant does not represent good value at an average main course price of close to 100 euros per person. Still, hotel location is very good which means there are plenty of good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: We saw two rooms, both very nice but I think rooms at the back will be a little quieter
1  Thank PKLH
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Huge room, great service, a Michelin restaurant within, fabulous location in the mitte section of Berlin. Right off lovely plaza gendarmplatz and surrounded by restaurants and close to museums and Berliner Dom, quiet and stately.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner, balcony with grand views..
1  Thank gay e
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I will confirm all other reviews on this hotel. My daughter and I just spent 3 nights at the Regent, and it was wonderful.
Pros: Bedrooms are big! I had a corner deluxe room that was huge! My daughter was next door and her room was big , only difference her bathroom was a bit smaller, But still extremely spacious.
Working table with various outlets for charging, and one for US electronics no adapter needed!
Separate bathrooms that were beautiful. Wonderful rain head shower,great amenities,
hair blower that was really good. great lightning at the spacious sink.
Bed was very
Room service amazing. Each morning I called for my pot of coffee, and Paulina would have there under 10 minutes. The first day I asked for warm milk for my coffee , the next morning when I called she already knew. Shout out to Paulina , she does her work with a smile,efficiently, and a graceful manner. She was a pleasure to see first thing in the morning.
Out door terrace bar, is lovely. The lavender/champagne cocktail has to be one of the most delicious drinks I have ever had!!!! Kudos to the Regents bartender who came up with it!
The concierge staff were more then helpful in all my request, even trying to find me a sports bar on my first night so I could see the Heat NBA playoff games!! You were very helpful
and always with a smile, thank you for all your efforts.
Location! Location! Location! no need to say more.
It was a wonderful ending to a 2 week holiday in Europe!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank curves
Reviewed 7 June 2014

By European standards, the size of the regular room and the attached wash room was huge. The staff are very courteous and helpful. The hotel has old world charm but all amenities in the room extremely modern and the bed very comfortable. I had a great one night stay and especially liked the layout of the room and space one could get. Would be a good place to stay on personal travels as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We just returned from our second stay at The Regent. It is perfection - elegant, luxurious, immaculate, walking distance to most major museums and historical destinations, and with many restaurant choices, in all price ranges, nearby. Rooms are large and very comfortably appointed. We loved all the thoughtful touches including fresh fruit and mineral water in our room waiting for us every day when we returned from sightseeing. Location is not only convenient but beautiful as it is located right near the most beautiful, but quiet, square in Berlin. Note: there is major construction very close to other nearby, luxury hotels but no construction mars the beauty of The Regent's location.

1  Thank MAJLNYC