1,910 results
All reviewsbristol barsuperior roomthe air conditioningthe main shopping streetluxury hotelshopping areazoo stationtegel airportbuffet breakfastlong weekendlocation is excellentu bahn stationyogurtkempinskiconciergerenovationsauna
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Had the opportunity to enjoy a 3 day weekend in Berlin recently. After some research I was trying to choose between this hotel and the Westin Grand, and after scoring a great room rate for a junior suite, choose the Kempinski. The only reason this hotel does not get an overall excellent is the rooms are a little bit dated. The service is really excellent! I understand they have some newly renovated rooms so try for one of those, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The location is perfect - right on the Kurfuerstendamm, bus tour stop is just across the street, shopping and restaurants are close by. Go to Savignyplatz in the evening - so many choices of fun places to eat, drink, watch, and be seen! Found a great coffee shop close by - Berliner Kaffeerösterei, on the Uhlandstraße 174. Had breakfast here all 3 days, very fun. I went by the Westin Grand while out sightseeing and it is engulfed in construction - definitely dodged a bullet there.

Room Tip: Try for a good rate on a junior suite, possibly a renovated one. I loved my view of the Kurfuerstendamm. Windows are sound proof.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We found a great offer that is wy we could afford the Kempinsky. The hotel has this great atmosphere, very calming.

The room wasn't one of the best I stayed but it wasn't part of the renovated ones, however excellent value for money.

Breakfast is great the buffet is absolutely fabulous, and the staff very sweet, we had two lovely ladies (asian lady with glasses and a lady with short white hair both really nice) attending at us.

Location is superb.
I would love to attend a meeting in this hotel, I had a peak at the conference rooms and they are just beautiful, not to mention the winter garden at the back.

I really liked this hotel and my daughter did too, she spend an afternoon at the Hotel's pool and she was enthusiastyc about it.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in interconnecting rooms they are very noisy
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel, the beds were exceptionally comfortable. However, I think it falls a little short of 5 star for the following reasons:

Towels are rather thin
Bathrobe the same
Old style tv
Old stereo...unable to use iPhone for music
Ikea style toilet brush
Did not follow through with a couple of things they said they would!

As others have suggested...time for a refurb. I am not aching to return to the hotel...unlike many others that we have visited.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I think this hotel seriously needs a refurbishment. The lobby looks amazing, but the room was just mediocre. The service was top-quality and everyone spoke perfect English. Generally, the area is not really close to any of the major sights, and is kind of really dead at night. I would suggest younger people to find a hotel in Potsdamer Platz instead.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2012

The only positive aspect about the Hotel is the pleasant and courteous staff and the location. The downsides now is that Comfort room that we had booked was not Comfortable at all. It was small and not quite spacious. The AC dint work that well which made it quite difficult for us to sleep, especially when the quilts too don't compliment the room temperature on a hot day. We did open the windows for fresh air but then the train noise bothered us. Wifi doesn't exist in the room and you may have to pay extra for average speed. At the time of check - out, when we shared our nightmare experience to the front office desk. The lady wanted to offer us coffee to settle on a good note. But we refused since we were dint inform her for coffee or for anything in return but wanted to just help with useful information that could help the hotel better their services.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple