“Quality and luxury”

Hotel Adlon Kempinski
Ranked #16 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed at the Adlon for a conference in June 2012, so the rates were competitive.
Seamless check-in from the door staff through to the room. Good size room with a garden view. Only annoyance from us (and others) was that there are no tea and coffee facilities in the room and the prospect of paying €11.50 for a pot a tea in the room was too much to bear.
Helpful concierge and staff seemed ever present and able to help.
Extremely slow service of some drinks in the lobby area was immediately apologised for and no charge. They recognised that service has fallen short and dealt with it.
Breakfast has it all, from all types of fresh fruit to a cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Adlon Kempinski

Reviewed 17 June 2012

The hotel is old but renovated, rooms are beautiful and clean but it was a huge crowd at checking out and they didn't have enough people at the front desk. but what was really surprising for me was the fact that when we had to leave to the airport we discovered after checking out that the city center was blocked by an event and there were no taxi available. so we asked the concierge to order a taxi for us and he answered that he cannot order a taxi for us, we have to go outside and try to find one. we almost lost our flight trying to find a taxi. I don't think that this is normal for a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Meda_C
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear esteemed customer,

Thank you for posting this review. Your reflected opinion is very valuable for us, as it helps us to improve our product and service. We try to offer you a great product and an outstanding service throughout your stay and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please take my sincere apologies for the mentioned issue.

You may contacts me personally at franck.droin (at) kempinski.com to give me more details about your experience with us.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Chose to go here, it is without doubt the finest hotel in Berlin (maybe Germany). I stay here every time I visit Berlin with work. Service level is fantastic, rooms are always fantastic, has a little problem with tourists coming off the street to gawp at it and take photographs of everything and everyone as the hotel is something of a landmark - but if you can get past that, it's fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GarethBaines
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I'm a very tough customer when it comes to hotels, but I can honestly say that everything at this one was of the highest level. The rooms and bathrooms are beautifully appointed. The staff could not have been more helpful or efficient, and the breakfasts were really delicious. The lobby reeks of old fashioned glamour and the location of the hotel is ideall. I was truly a satisfied customer.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite over looking the Unter der Linden.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

We booked 5 rooms 3 months in advance. Two couples needed to be downgraded from a delux to a standard room as the staff booked only a single room. My room was fabulous with a great view. The door is not soundproofed. You can hear everything from the floor. On my second day i wanted to take a short nap from 2 til 4 pm. The room was not cleaned yet, so i told the housekeeper to come again at 5. I did put the please dont disturb light on but the staff kept ringing the bell as they thought that i have to move to another room. I had to explain to 3 different members of staff that they are mistaken. And this every half an hour. So i coulnt sleep at all. When i came back at 2am i found a fruit basked, pralines and an apologyletter on my desk. But they didnt clean the room. And if you wish a turndown service like in every 5star house you must call the reception to let them know. They even forgott to book our sight seeing thrip.. Well. Well.. I would say less trainees and stagaires and more skilled staff could bring that fabulous hotel back on track..

I wont go there anymore and csnt recommend it

• Stayed: June 2012
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear esteemed customer,

Thank you for taking the time in composing this review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your comments as they are very valuable for our daily operations. We try to provide you with an outstanding service and a wonderful product on every day of the year to make your stay remarkable and pleasant. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and did not anticipate your needs. Please take my sincere apologies for the occured inconveniences and be assured that your experince is not our standard.

I am going to talk to the respective departments to investigate further on what went wrong.

In order to do so, I kindly ask you to contact me personally at franck.droin (at) kempinski.com to give me some more insight on the above mentioned issues.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We simply did not like this hotel. It is very big and is also some kind of a tourist attraction, so it gets very crowded everywhere. The staff is friendly, but many are not properly trained. In the Quarre restaurant they totally messed up a simple lunch order for two, wine glasses were poured full. When the senior satff discovered what happened, the took it extremely seriously, but to have amateur staff in a place like this is unbelievable. In the main lounge it took ages to get a half-cold double espresso at 7 euros!
We decided to have our dinner in the in-house "Japanese" / fusion restaurant. It was a terrible experience from beginning to end.
The junior suite we had booked was very nice, especiially the bathroom with jaccuzi and steam shower. But the room was not serviced while we were out for dinner (even if we switched on the green light).
Breakfast in restaurant Quarre is expensive, but worth it.
Compared to other Kempinski hotels this was a huge disappointment!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear esteemed customer,

Thank you for taking your precious time in writing this review. I very much appreciate your comments as they are useful to improve our service. We take pride in offering you an outstanding product on every day of the year. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to completely satisfy your needs upon your stay at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski. Please take my sincere apologies for the mentioned inconveniences.

I will get in touch with the respective departments to find out how we can train ourselves in order to improve our services.

In the meantime, you may contact me at franck.droin (at) kempinski.com to portray your experiences at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski in detail.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski.

With best regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay at this hotel and though it is not my 'normal' style of hotel, I was thoroughly impressed. Upon arrival, a horde of associates are ready to help check you in. I arrived in a group and the hotel staff made the check in quick, easy and friendly. Although the hotel itself is associated with a 'upscale' crowd, the staff was not snobbish at all. We were not the typical five star guest and were nonetheless treated as if we were. The staff was friendly, classy, and extremely attentive. The rooms were insanely nice, spotless, and the whole hotel was run with a sense of pride. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business