Hotel Adlon Kempinski
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
Madison(Berlin)
3,793 results
All reviewsbrandenburg gatesra buapariser platzcaviarhistoric hotellobby barunter den lindendeluxe roomconcierge deskholocaust memorialfabulous hotelbreakfast buffetseparate toiletan upgradevisit berlinmuseum islandadler
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September for a week with my partner. Apologies for the late review. Whilst there it was our anniversary and although I had been to Berlin before, my partner had not. This Hotel is without doubt one of the best I have ever stayed in and I have travelled the world with my work. All aspects were outstanding but I would like to highlight the hotel employee's who really do make this hotel special.
I have never stayed in a hotel where all members of staff without exception have been so polite, helpful and enthusiastic. What a credit they are, well done! The hotel is very charming, clean and full of 1920's character. The food in the hotel is exceptional, the variety at breakfast was amazing, such that breakfast was the best I have ever had! Ole Petersen the reservations manager was excellent in dealing with our numerous room requirements which he fulfilled completely, he also gave us a room upgrade and a complimentary bottle of champagne for our Anniversary and so I wish to thank him personally. We had an issue with a restaurant one evening which we had booked well in advance outside of the hotel but the restaurant unfortunately had booked a private party for that evening and not informed us. When the Adlon heard about this on our return they booked a table for us at one of their restaurants and invited us to have dinner on them as they did not want this to spoil our visit. The general manager came to the restaurant personally to check that our evening was back on track. This kind of service is going beyond what one would normally expect and has left me humbled by their professionalism and hospitality. The only way I can describe it is that when you walk through the hotel door as a guest they feel responsible for your time in Berlin and will do their utmost to make sure your stay is a wonderful experience.
The location of the hotel is perfect. Next to the Brandenburg Gate and just a short walk to the Reichstag. Opposite the hotel is the S Bahn so to get anywhere is really easy and we walked to most tourist sites with no problem at all. Incidentally we used the concierge extensively during our stay, the three people in this position were brilliant with things to see and all the tips and hints needed to get the most out of our stay. Thank you concierge!
The Adlon has very high standards indeed, our room was immaculately clean as were all areas of the hotel. The turndown service was not just good but thoughtful. I really cannot emphasise enough that this is the place to stay in Berlin and I for one will be returning very soon. Many hotels talk about the customer service they aim to provide and the wonderful employee's they have but they usually fall short in some area, here things are different as all aspects exceeded my expectations which were very high to start with.
Once again thank-you for a wonderful stay at your marvellous hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim N
Reviewed 25 November 2013

truly beautiful hotel. outstanding friendly staff (big exception: grumpy guy with moustache at brekkie egg station), fantastic interior, incredibly comfy beds, fantastic breakfast buffet. we felt very much at home in the adlon. ideally located in the center, next to the brandenburger tor, also very quiet in the rooms at night. the hotel is superbly furnished, with lots of valuable carpets, tapestries, sublime works of art and turn of the century furniture. thank you for the very pleasant time at the adlon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clivia g
Reviewed 23 November 2013

What an amazing hotel. Luxury all around from shops, spa, restaurants and stunning fountain in the middle of the lobby. Excellent location and just a stone's throw away from Brandenburg Gate. The room was nice. Comfortable bed, wood paneling, marble bathroom tiles, separate bath tub and shower. Woke up early and had breakfast. Top notch breakfast buffet. There was hardly any tourist around, so I just walked out to the patio door and head straight to Brandenburg Gate and took photos. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Upon entering this mecca of hotels, the splendor of it all lays out before your eyes. Looking around, feasting your eyes on luxury shops, sumptuous fountain, or the beautiful seating. I can't tell whether it was the complimentary pro secco, or what I was really gazing upon, but I knew instantly that this was the right place for my family to decompress after a long cross-Atlantic right. After being lead to the suite by one of the staff, who then showed all the features of the room, left us to our own devices. After flinging open our french double-doors we than began to admire our view of the Brandenburg gate. Then we went on the steam in our bathroom, and took a 30 minutes steam bath. Then, throwing on our plush Turkish house robes, we took a nap on the finest linens that made up our bed. The President would be jealous.

The breakfasts were to die for, I have never seen so many fruits in my life. At least a whole orchard of apples, and a grove of strawberries. I asked for milk, and received the whole jug of it. Talk about class.

If one could sell his house, and all his belongings, just to spend time in this hotel, he would be the happiest man the earth. This is the only hotel after leaving in which I was sad to go come. Once in a lifetime (hopefully not!).

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Brandenburg gate
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mmmsteak
Reviewed 19 November 2013

A stay at the Hotel Adlon is a pure pleasure. We had a room facing Unter den Linden and Brandenburger Tor, a lovely view. The room was very nice. The staff was exellent, smiling and ready to give a hand at any time.
We visited two of the hotels four restaurants. We were lucky and got a table at Lorenz Adler. A very nice evening.
The spa and massagedepartment was delicate and relaxing.
This is a hotel both my husband and I highly recomend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple