“Good for leisure or business” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Adlon Kempinski

Hotel Adlon Kempinski
Ranked #17 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good for leisure or business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Only stayed one night but was a fantastic room. Surprised to get a steam room included as standard. The staff were all very friendly and helpful but not fake niceness. The bar prices are fairly high but this is a 5star hotel.

Would defiantly return when not working.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have been in Berlin in November for work. Kempinski Hotel is Amazing maybe the best thing I have found in Berlin. the hotel is facing Unter den Linden and Brandenburger Tor, it is an amazing view. My room was very nice despite dust on the fram of the mirror in the bathroom. The staff was exellent, smiling and ready to give a hand at any time, but not so ready when I told them my bedspread was spotted with blood. They smiled all the time, not me, but I suppose is a rule of the kempinski.
I didn't visit all the four restaurants in the hotel but breakfast was excellent.by the way highly recomend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

As soon as we walked into the Adlon, I knew our stay would be memorable. I was awed by the gorgeous stained-glass ceiling and live music emanating from the central lobby. Instead of merely being checked in by a desk clerk, a comely young Frenchwoman quickly completed our paperwork, arranged for our luggage delivery, and escorted us to our room, providing us with a run-down of what we needed to know about our new environment. Our room was sumptuous. In fact, I wish we could redecorate our home to look like it. The bathroom, in particular, with its separate shower, dressing table, gilt ceiling, and marble walls, was enticing. I really appreciated the large flat-screen TV, heated towel racks, bathtub big enough for two, and oversized towels. The wake-up calls were punctual, and a newspaper in our language of choice arrived in a carrying case each morning. The concierge service was terrific, and I loved that as we left the hotel on a rainy morning, we were offered an umbrella for the day. A highlight for me, as a film person, was turning on the television and finding a feature-length movie by Percy Adlon, director of one of my favorite films (BAGDAD CAFE) and great-grandson of the hotel's founder, detailing the Adlon's history. Danke to the Adlon staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank screenstarr
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Beautiful, beautiful hotel with outstanding service and location. Stayed here in November, and the staff was incredibly kind and welcoming, the room was perfection (with a steam shower and gorgeous bath). We loved it here and will be back any time we are in Berlin.

switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

a memorable long weekend in this fabled and fabulous hotel...check in was swift and friendly...the glass of 'bubbly' was indeed most welcome...thanks to a black GHA Discovery Card we were upgraded to a superb luxurious room which left nothing to be desired..... .it was indeed 100% in every respect...large and comfortable...quiet and very well appointed....the tea and coffee equipment was perfect and replenished each day without fail.....the tv had a myriad of channels....one that was very interesting was devoted to a film all about the hotel .....directed by percy adlon ....this we watched twice as the archive film was it contained was indeed fascinating....all staff were most friendly and we were well looked after.....so the question remains...where did the point nought nought one per cent go in the title?....we were 2 people in the room ...my wife and i...yet we only ever received one shampoo/conditioner/shower gel in the bathroom...this was rectified each evening when we specifically asked turn down service ....we were assured that this oversight would be rectified and the next day room service would leave 2 of everything...but they never did...we had to ask each evening....is this the only 'complaint'?!...of course it is!...and complaint is too strong a word....more like an 'observation'!...every else was truly one hundred per cent in every way!....

Room Tip: everybody says you must have a room overlooking the Brandenburg gate...ours looked over the inner co...
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September for a week with my partner. Apologies for the late review. Whilst there it was our anniversary and although I had been to Berlin before, my partner had not. This Hotel is without doubt one of the best I have ever stayed in and I have travelled the world with my work. All aspects were outstanding but I would like to highlight the hotel employee's who really do make this hotel special.
I have never stayed in a hotel where all members of staff without exception have been so polite, helpful and enthusiastic. What a credit they are, well done! The hotel is very charming, clean and full of 1920's character. The food in the hotel is exceptional, the variety at breakfast was amazing, such that breakfast was the best I have ever had! Ole Petersen the reservations manager was excellent in dealing with our numerous room requirements which he fulfilled completely, he also gave us a room upgrade and a complimentary bottle of champagne for our Anniversary and so I wish to thank him personally. We had an issue with a restaurant one evening which we had booked well in advance outside of the hotel but the restaurant unfortunately had booked a private party for that evening and not informed us. When the Adlon heard about this on our return they booked a table for us at one of their restaurants and invited us to have dinner on them as they did not want this to spoil our visit. The general manager came to the restaurant personally to check that our evening was back on track. This kind of service is going beyond what one would normally expect and has left me humbled by their professionalism and hospitality. The only way I can describe it is that when you walk through the hotel door as a guest they feel responsible for your time in Berlin and will do their utmost to make sure your stay is a wonderful experience.
The location of the hotel is perfect. Next to the Brandenburg Gate and just a short walk to the Reichstag. Opposite the hotel is the S Bahn so to get anywhere is really easy and we walked to most tourist sites with no problem at all. Incidentally we used the concierge extensively during our stay, the three people in this position were brilliant with things to see and all the tips and hints needed to get the most out of our stay. Thank you concierge!
The Adlon has very high standards indeed, our room was immaculately clean as were all areas of the hotel. The turndown service was not just good but thoughtful. I really cannot emphasise enough that this is the place to stay in Berlin and I for one will be returning very soon. Many hotels talk about the customer service they aim to provide and the wonderful employee's they have but they usually fall short in some area, here things are different as all aspects exceeded my expectations which were very high to start with.
Once again thank-you for a wonderful stay at your marvellous hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tim N
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

truly beautiful hotel. outstanding friendly staff (big exception: grumpy guy with moustache at brekkie egg station), fantastic interior, incredibly comfy beds, fantastic breakfast buffet. we felt very much at home in the adlon. ideally located in the center, next to the brandenburger tor, also very quiet in the rooms at night. the hotel is superbly furnished, with lots of valuable carpets, tapestries, sublime works of art and turn of the century furniture. thank you for the very pleasant time at the adlon.

1 Thank clivia g