“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Fab hotel from beginning to end. Beautiful room, the bar is lovely in the evening with a pianist adding to the atmosphere. Breakfast spread was vast and delicious. Only downside was the ridiculous internet access as laid out in the previous review.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My fiancee and I stayed at the Adlon for 4 nights in November, and we were blown away by everything at the hotel, from the beginning to the end of our trip: the graciousness of the bellhops and front desk staff; the location (it's hard to overstate how pleasant it is to walk back home every night and be greeted by the grandeur of the Brandenburg Gate); the spaciousness and high-quality design of the Junior Suite; the fine toiletries. Some especially nice touches were the in-room steam bath and jacuzzi tub and the Schott wine glasses.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Adlon Hotel is a fantastic place to stay in a great location, with amazing history behind it. I personally read substantially about it and how it was ruined in the war and later had to be completly rebuilt, so I intentionally chose it when I booked a trip to Berlin. The stay at the hotel was great and to me it's a very close second to the Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland. The houskeeping and cleanliness is second none, they do the cleaning in the morning and then at night someone comes to turn down your bed and prepare bathrobes and towels, which is very nice. The lounge bar and the Quarre restaurants are both good and I am lead to believe that the other restaurant is even better, which is of course proved by the two-star rating it holds. The only small issue that I have is with the front-desk staff who could, in my humble opinion, improve on their hosting abilities - the girl that checked us in was one of the friendliest and no questions seemed too silly, but during our checking-out we got someone else that emitted the feeling that she could not see the back of us fast enough, which is a shame for such a lovely hotel.

I would definetly recommend.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

This place has plenty of luxury on offer. But there are also a myriad of ways it falls short in customer service. High on that list is the extreme frustration in using the internet. As I sit here today I have a notepad with 4 different logon IDs and PINs for a stay of only 4 days. And I regularly have my connection and logon cancelled and have to restart it. Your standard Hilton or Marriott has an infinitely simpler internet connection system. And while breakfast is sumptuous, you have to wait a long time to receive a simple pot of coffee or refill. The waits is long, too, just for a pair of poached eggs. The eggs are presented luxuriously, which works as long as you have time to kill. On the good side, the two bartenders who prepared my martinis did an excellent job and they were always tasty. There are plenty of staff around ready to serve, but the "systems" aren't always set-up to enable them to serve you with efficiency.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John02122
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear esteemed reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion in this review. Your comments are highly appreciated as we strive to improve our daily operations. It is our utmost aim to provide you with a superior product and personal service far beyond expectations. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations while staying with us. Please accept my sincere apologies.
I kindly ask you to contact me at franck.droin (at) kempinski.com to give me some more thoughts on where we can improve our service.

Again, I thank you for this review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin.

Kind regards,
Franck Droin
Hotel Manager
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Only stayed one night but was a fantastic room. Surprised to get a steam room included as standard. The staff were all very friendly and helpful but not fake niceness. The bar prices are fairly high but this is a 5star hotel.

Would defiantly return when not working.

Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have been in Berlin in November for work. Kempinski Hotel is Amazing maybe the best thing I have found in Berlin. the hotel is facing Unter den Linden and Brandenburger Tor, it is an amazing view. My room was very nice despite dust on the fram of the mirror in the bathroom. The staff was exellent, smiling and ready to give a hand at any time, but not so ready when I told them my bedspread was spotted with blood. They smiled all the time, not me, but I suppose is a rule of the kempinski.
I didn't visit all the four restaurants in the hotel but breakfast was excellent.by the way highly recomend.

Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

As soon as we walked into the Adlon, I knew our stay would be memorable. I was awed by the gorgeous stained-glass ceiling and live music emanating from the central lobby. Instead of merely being checked in by a desk clerk, a comely young Frenchwoman quickly completed our paperwork, arranged for our luggage delivery, and escorted us to our room, providing us with a run-down of what we needed to know about our new environment. Our room was sumptuous. In fact, I wish we could redecorate our home to look like it. The bathroom, in particular, with its separate shower, dressing table, gilt ceiling, and marble walls, was enticing. I really appreciated the large flat-screen TV, heated towel racks, bathtub big enough for two, and oversized towels. The wake-up calls were punctual, and a newspaper in our language of choice arrived in a carrying case each morning. The concierge service was terrific, and I loved that as we left the hotel on a rainy morning, we were offered an umbrella for the day. A highlight for me, as a film person, was turning on the television and finding a feature-length movie by Percy Adlon, director of one of my favorite films (BAGDAD CAFE) and great-grandson of the hotel's founder, detailing the Adlon's history. Danke to the Adlon staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends