“Outstanding luxury hotel”

Hotel Adlon Kempinski
Ranked #14 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My family of four adults stayed at the Adlon for one night in August. We had only 24 hours to see Berlin after flying in from the USA before our cruise, and wanted to be at a very nice hotel that was conveniently located to the historic city center. The Adlon more than surpassed our expectations in every sense. It is beautifully decorated, well-managed and historically significant.

The rooms are gorgeous, beds very comfortable, and bathrooms luxurious. We loved the location overlooking the Brandenburg Gate, adjacent to the US and UK embassies. Breakfast was delicious as well. Our only regret was that we had to leave after only one night to catch our ship in Rostock.

Favorite memory of the Adlon is the incredible brass dial in the elevators that mark the floors as you ascend or descend. Fabulous! Highly, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed in the Hotel Adlon for 1 night early December 2013.
I enjoyed the expensive Breakfast Buffet. When signing for the receipt on arrival for |Breakfast it mentioned 2 guests on my room receipt. I mentioned it the the lady who greeted me and showed me to the table. She promised to correct the error.
On check- out i learned that the Breakfast was charged with 84.00 Euro. She forgot to correct the receipt even I mentioned it twice to her.
Also on arrival in the Hotel i got a Standard room with no view. When i asked for a room with a view the Reception offered a smoking room with a view for 80.00 Euro more for the night.
Poor show !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephan981
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear esteemed reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts in regards to your stay at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski here on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very meaningful to us as we strive to offer you a suberb product and an outstanding service while staying with us. I am sorry to read that we were not able to convince you of our service this time. I would like to take the chance to express my sincere apologies.

I kindly ask you to contact me personally at franck.droin (at) kempinski.com as I would like to receive further feedback on your latest experience with the Hotel Adlon Kempinski.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to make you next stay a remarkable one.

Warm regards,
Franck Droin
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Fab hotel from beginning to end. Beautiful room, the bar is lovely in the evening with a pianist adding to the atmosphere. Breakfast spread was vast and delicious. Only downside was the ridiculous internet access as laid out in the previous review.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My fiancee and I stayed at the Adlon for 4 nights in November, and we were blown away by everything at the hotel, from the beginning to the end of our trip: the graciousness of the bellhops and front desk staff; the location (it's hard to overstate how pleasant it is to walk back home every night and be greeted by the grandeur of the Brandenburg Gate); the spaciousness and high-quality design of the Junior Suite; the fine toiletries. Some especially nice touches were the in-room steam bath and jacuzzi tub and the Schott wine glasses.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Adlon Hotel is a fantastic place to stay in a great location, with amazing history behind it. I personally read substantially about it and how it was ruined in the war and later had to be completly rebuilt, so I intentionally chose it when I booked a trip to Berlin. The stay at the hotel was great and to me it's a very close second to the Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland. The houskeeping and cleanliness is second none, they do the cleaning in the morning and then at night someone comes to turn down your bed and prepare bathrobes and towels, which is very nice. The lounge bar and the Quarre restaurants are both good and I am lead to believe that the other restaurant is even better, which is of course proved by the two-star rating it holds. The only small issue that I have is with the front-desk staff who could, in my humble opinion, improve on their hosting abilities - the girl that checked us in was one of the friendliest and no questions seemed too silly, but during our checking-out we got someone else that emitted the feeling that she could not see the back of us fast enough, which is a shame for such a lovely hotel.

I would definetly recommend.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

This place has plenty of luxury on offer. But there are also a myriad of ways it falls short in customer service. High on that list is the extreme frustration in using the internet. As I sit here today I have a notepad with 4 different logon IDs and PINs for a stay of only 4 days. And I regularly have my connection and logon cancelled and have to restart it. Your standard Hilton or Marriott has an infinitely simpler internet connection system. And while breakfast is sumptuous, you have to wait a long time to receive a simple pot of coffee or refill. The waits is long, too, just for a pair of poached eggs. The eggs are presented luxuriously, which works as long as you have time to kill. On the good side, the two bartenders who prepared my martinis did an excellent job and they were always tasty. There are plenty of staff around ready to serve, but the "systems" aren't always set-up to enable them to serve you with efficiency.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John02122
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear esteemed reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion in this review. Your comments are highly appreciated as we strive to improve our daily operations. It is our utmost aim to provide you with a superior product and personal service far beyond expectations. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations while staying with us. Please accept my sincere apologies.
I kindly ask you to contact me at franck.droin (at) kempinski.com to give me some more thoughts on where we can improve our service.

Again, I thank you for this review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin.

Kind regards,
Franck Droin
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Only stayed one night but was a fantastic room. Surprised to get a steam room included as standard. The staff were all very friendly and helpful but not fake niceness. The bar prices are fairly high but this is a 5star hotel.

Would defiantly return when not working.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business