“Wunder Kempinski” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Dublin, Ireland
“Wunder Kempinski”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

From the moment we arrived and were engaged in conversation by the receptionist - who specialised in Irish history and Michael Collins in particular - I knew we were in for something special. He didn't disappoint us and neither did the hotel. We were given an upgrade to a deluxe room which overlooked the courtyard. We were personally shown to the room and then shown the amenities of the hotel. For myself, the pool and the sauna was perfect. Almost every morning I would swim and take the benefit of the sauna and the jacuzzi. We sampled our first night's meal in the Quarré restaurant. It was good, though we thought the service was a little bit inattentive. But the food was good and the wine was excellent. Later in the week we ate in the lobby bar and and were delighted with the service and the menu options.
The vicinity of the hotel to the Brandenburg gate and, with a short walk, to the river Spree was a major plus for us. Also the main shopping street, Friedrickstrasse, was just ten minutes away.
All in all, the hotel was excellent and a particular mention must be made of the concierge service. When I thought I lost my camera they went to great trouble to help me out and could not have done more. The concierge also picked out nice restaurants in Berlin, not too far from the hotel, which we enjoyed. Top marks for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MichaelMorris44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I choose this hotel in two parts, bec of its great location as well as being listed in the LHW club, and I can tell you right now, you will NOT regret booking in this hotel especially if you are lookin to be pampered and to experience what luxury hotel is all about, my siblings and I travelled two years ago, yes i know, sorry for the delay in review, but it is imperative that this hotel is mentioned, of all our European hotels, this one had the BEST buffet breakfast! that we didnt really feel the need to eat till almost dinner! bec it was SO fillin! and to eat with the view of the plaza itself? what better way to start your day?

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Belem, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

If you are posh, and you want a wonderful place, very beautiful, with confortable room, perfect service and good breakfast, all very precious and very fantastic, so close from everything and you can go everywhere you want, all the history is here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My first trip to Berlin. This has been a wonderful stay. The room is lovely and comfortable. Service impeccable. The location could not be better for my needs, right by the Brandenburg Gate, allowing me to explore both historical East and West Berlins. Returning in the evening after a long day of touring, I fell into the room, delighted to be in the well-appointed and welcoming space. Perfect in every way!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just returned from a 5-night stay at the Hotel Adlon. Hotel is exquisitely grand - beautiful lobby and terrific service. I arrived several hours prior to check in from an overnight US flight...while I wasn't able to get my room straight away, I was able to shower in the spa and store bags. When I returned everything was in the room. Room was very large by European standards and had every detail you would want.

Service was great all throughout the hotel and food (both in the lobby restaurant and for the meeting we held in the Ballsaal) was good - not great. While I've read several comments over the price of the hotel, I thought the rate was very reasonable for the product. I'm sure the Adlon is expensive for Berlin, but compared to comparable hotels in other cities, it is hardly outrageous.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Exceptional hotel . Rooms are great. Service is top notch. Some language issues when ordering room service but otherwise very accommodating. Any issues were immediately corrected. Reasonable food and beverage cost for a five star hotel. Spa and fitness center were excellent for a business traveller.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a here day break with my wife visiting our son and daughter-in-law in Berlin. As a special treat for my wife I booked the Hotel Adlon so she could enjoy the spa during our stay. When we arrived we were warmly greeted with a glass of sparking wine as we checked in! We had booked to room through Booking.Com and secured a great deal as the rack rate is in excess of €400 per night! The hotel is decadent to the extreme and everything is great but if I'm being honest the money spend on the hotel would have been better spent on other activities whilst we're away! To sum up, if you've just won the lottery, then the Hotel Adlon is a no brainier however if you have to watch your money then there are far better options for less dollar in Berlin!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple