“Luxurious!”

Hotel Adlon Kempinski
Ranked #15 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My fiancee and I stayed here last December for three nights. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much. The lobby is very glitzy and glamorous - and seems to always be packed! - and the staff were extraordinary (which is to be expected at such a hotel). Our room was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and to the highest standard (again, to be expected). Our only issues with the hotel are: the TV reception was fuzzy despite having a technician come in to 'fix' it...it was minimally watchable, and we weren't particularly thrilled about the quality of the food - at such a hotel, and with the exorbitant rates they charge for food - it was just okay...in fact, one evening we ordered room service and the vegetarian italian pizza and salad we received was basic and bland. After that we avoided ordering food from the hotel's room service. On the other hand their restaurant Sra Bua is exceptional!! The food and drinks we ordered were fantastic and beyond our expectations. We haven't found a restaurant we like better (yet) in Berlin! We definitely recommend this hotel and especially Sra Bua!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OmiMayet

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very nice and big room. Allready the entrance gives a luxury feeling with champagne by check in. Good beds and nice bath room. Friedly and helpful personal. The hotel is close to Brandenburger Tor but except that there is nothing close. You need to take a cab to go more central. Big distanses

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was my first visit to Berlin, and I have certainly been spoily and will not be stopping anywhere else. From the moment I arrived on the red carpet, I was made to feel like a valued customer.Receiving a room upgrade only served to confirm this opinion.
The location can not be beaten, neither can the breakfast or the attention to detail that has been spent on customer service.
A 5star hotel without a doubt

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Room is very comfortable, I like the space and has a good feel to it. Very quiet overlooking a courtyard
However was shocked by the poor standard of the buffet on offer. It is the worst buffet I have had. Bearing in mind we have an international clientele here, you would expect all nationalities and preferences to be catered for in a buffet. Not so.
Poor labelling left some religions confused and one poor gentleman poured soup on his doughnut. Berliner carpaccio.
There are better hotels for the money.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the courtyard for a quiet one. Get your view of the town from the Reichstag up the r...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear valued guest,

Allow me to thank you for sharing your opinion here on Tripadvisor. Your feedback serves us to continuously improving our services. I regret to read that our buffet and our service have not met your expectations. Please take my sincere apologies. I kindly ask you to contact me personally at leonard.cernko (at) kempinski.com for further suggestions.

I t will be my pleasure to welcome you back here at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski.

Warm regards,
Leonard Cernko
Executive Assistant Manager i/c of Food & Beverage

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Adlon Hotel Kempinski in Berlin is a luxury hotel. You will be offered champagne during check-in, tons of staff that follow you to your room and try to get you feel special. Anyhow they manage to mix our bags with another guest – I assume that was very embarrassing for the hotel…
Anyhow the hotel is great, a little bit noisy in the lobby and bar area (think many people just try to sneak in for a view. I counted to three restaurants in the hotel, one of the restaurant have 2 stars in Guide Michelin – unfortunally too expensive for me..

The rooms are decorated like a normal living room – far away from the normal boring hotel rooms. We had the room at the garden witch I recommend. No noise and you can sleep with the window open – quite unusual when staying at a hotel.

The best part of this hotel is the breakfast – after this breakfast any other breakfast are like nothing.

You will find the location great, a few steps from the Brandenburg Gate. Next doors you can find rental bikes for 10 EURO per day.

All of this has a price tag – and that is high! It is worth a one night stay just to get the feeling how the upper class people lives.

Room Tip: Room with garden view - very quite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I am a bit late submitting this, having stayed at the Adlon back in March / April . Whilst we are not the most experienced travellers the Adlon is simply the best Hotel we are ever likely to stay in. Service was impeccable, the room wonderfully comfortable. We are planning another trip later in the year.

Room Tip: Try to bag a room with a view of the Brandenberg Gate.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. There was an Audi dealers convention in the hotel when we arrived, so the lobby was VERY crowded and noisy. (There were buses outside... it was "messy.") The staff greeted us with Champagne during check-in. The room was beautiful and modern and had a great balcony and view. (The iPad for a room guide & menu was a nice touch.) The room was 'pitch' dark and I could not find the light controls beside the bed (or a light switch on the wall). Because of the Audi group -- we chose to leave (to the Ritz-Carlton) for a quiet dinner. The next day the Audi group was back (and loud!) in the lobby before 8 a.m.! Fortunately, the hotel had coffee near the entrance because we just wanted to get away from the crowd and noise! We only stayed one night; had there been no convention, I'm sure the experience would have been quiet and nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends