Hotel Adlon Kempinski
US$108
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
3,793 results
All reviewsbrandenburg gatesra buapariser platzcaviarhistoric hotellobby barunter den lindendeluxe roomconcierge deskholocaust memorialfabulous hotelbreakfast buffetseparate toiletan upgradevisit berlinmuseum islandadler
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel has an amazing history and is in a stunning location but fails to deliver on basics.

The hotel is large, busy and impersonal. The staff are gruff and impatient as they struggle to handle the numbers drudging through the lobby. Check in was inefficient and on multiple occasions you needed to line up for service at the front desk or concierge. The rooms were clean and well appointed however you stay at a Kempinski for the service and on this occasion it was lacking.

The location can not be beaten and rooms are good. Use the hotel as a base to explore the city and you'll be fine. If you're looking for an inner-city escape - this isn't it.

Room Tip: The hotel is very spread out so you may be in for a long walk to the lobby!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LCOD88
HotelAdlonKempinski, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear esteemed guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your thoughts are very meaningful to us, as we strive to improve our service and product whenever possible. I am very sorry to read that your stay with the Hotel Adlon Kempinski was not up to your expectations. Please take my sincere apologies and be assured that your experienced service is not our standard.

Kindly contact me personally at maria.grueter (at) kempinski.com so that I have the chance to express my regret personally.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski to make your next stay with us a remarkable one.

Kind regards,
Maria Grüter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Service is slow and inconsistent. Several of the concierge staff are impatient and not helpful. Do not expect the air conditioning to be very cool. We had to switch rooms twice to get a cooler room. Still, it was way too warm. The room they gave us was very noisy. When we requested a change, they offered us ear plugs. The most annoying thing was the breakfast. The price is 42 Euros per person and there is NO ALTERNATIVE! We had 3 people and breakfast was 126 Euros every day! There is no place nearby to get breakfast. If I come to Berlin again, I would not stay here. It is not worth the money.

Room Tip: Check your room before you move your bags into the room. If you don't like your room, ask for a change. Check the air conditioning before you accept the room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank rmh12345

Dear esteemed reviewer,

Sincere thank you for taking the time to compose this review and to share your experience with us. We appreciate your valuable comments as they help us to improve your guest experience. We strive to offer you a superb product and an outstanding service on every day of the year. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski. I would like to apologize for the occurred inconveniences and reassure you that this is not our standard.

We take pride in serving the needs of our guests to make their stay remarkable and unforgettable.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Maria Grüter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Absolutely loved it. Location is perfect for tourists and the Spa is something else. Only drawback is it depends where you are staying in the hotel you could be in for quite a walk to Spa and entrance of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great hotel. Great location (right by the Brandenburg Gate and US Embassy). The friendliest staff I have ever encountered in a hotel. They go out of their way to accommodate you. The quietest rooms. The best water pressure in the shower. Turn down service. When we called for a wake up call, they offer to bring complimentary tea and a paper as well. The only negative was the price of the food in any of the restaurants or lobby lounge which isn't the worst thing since there are many nearby restaurants. Have stayed at many hotels around the world and I can happily say this one was SIMPLY THE BEST. BETTER THAN ALL THE REST!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have lack of words to describe this hotel! Excellent hotell with excellent staff. Very nice rooms and delicious breakfast. Love the view of the Bandenburg Gate and the lobby lounge! Hope to come back one day!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business