“Comfortable beds, excellent staff, central location”

The Westin Grand Berlin
Ranked #107 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
San Francisco, California
“Comfortable beds, excellent staff, central location”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I am surprised that this hotel is not rated more highly on tripadvisor. I have stayed in five other hotels in Berlin and the Westin is my favorite.

All of my trips to Berlin have been for work but I always try to squeeze in a little fun on work trips. The Westin is centrally located relative to my business meetings and to conference venues while being close to sights, shopping, good restaurants, and pretty walks.

The Westin Heavenly Bed never disappoints. The rooms are comfortable and on the large size for a European city.

The staff is top-notch and definitely up to the standard of a five star hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Westin_Grand_Berlin, Executive Office at The Westin Grand Berlin, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest, thank you very much for your report. Indeed expectations of guests are quite different; you as a frequent traveler are able to see the differences between hotels and to evaluate the service. All the more we are really pleased to read that you were comfortable with us and appreciated our service standard. Thank you so much for your stay and for sharing with us your impressions. We are looking for your next stay in your Westin Grand Berlin, Andrea W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

All-in-all not too much to say about this hotel, it's an excellent chain hotel. Standard rooms, well kept, with excellent amenities.

Rooms - excellent, quiet and well equipped
Location - excellent for tourists
Service - excellent, polite and efficient
Sleep quality - very good, did n't notice any noise in the room and I am a light sleeper.

Would I stay again - definitely when I'm next in Berlin; location and value were excellent

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank disestablishman
Westin_Grand_Berlin, Executive at The Westin Grand Berlin, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your review - short and crispy but it says all necessary. We are pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel and we hope this was not the last time here - we are looking forward to your stay! The Westin Grand Berlin, Andrea W.
Syosset, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed with my family at the Westin Grand Berlin from 4/12-4/16. The hotel was really nice. I had a hard time choosing hotels in Germany because most of them have twin beds and wood paneled decor. This was more like an American hotel. We booked two room and the hotel had them right next to one another. They had already put in a nice bed for my five year old daughter. Everyone at the hotel was really nice and helpful. I was really happy I stayed there. Breakfast in the hotel was awesome by the way. Try to get it included with your rate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest, it is really a pleasure to see that we could make your stay memorable. Thank you very much for being with us and thank you for your review. We always try our utmost to fulfill our guest wishes - how nice when we could exceed your expectations. We are looking forward to your next Berlin visit and your stay with us ... The Westin Grand Berlin, Andrea W.
Washington DC
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I see other not so positive remarks, but I thought the Westin Grand we excellent - just as the Westin Brand always is. I have been Platinum 3 times and Gold 4, so I have a pretty good experience base. The room was clean, with an excellent queen bed. My room is modern and feels like one of the latest Westins (not the circa 1995 kind) with update lights, multi plugs on the desk, and LCD TV. I wish there were more english stations, but this is Berlin after all. The location is fantastic. 5 mins to Brandenburg gate, Bundestag, Holocaust memorial, and 15 mins from Checkpoint Charlie.

In line with expectations for a Westin - but that is exactly what I expect world wide.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Westin_Grand_Berlin, Executive office at The Westin Grand Berlin, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Your title is the greatest description for a hotel ever: being at home. That is what we like to be and for what we work every day. Thank you for your stay with us and for giving us your impression. We hope you will return one day to Berlin - and your Berlin-home: The Westin Grand Berlin. We are looking forward to your stay. Andrea W.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've stayed in many Westin's around the world. This was not up to standard and lets down their global brand. The decor was tired and in severe need of a refresh. My room was noisy from the elevator shaft. The bathroom was smaller than I would have expected for the price/standards of the city. Service was functional rather than warm. At no point did it feel like my stay was important to them. The wifi was a rip off, which left me feeling like they were just screwing me over for yet more cash.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Abrdngy
Westin_Grand_Berlin, Executive Office at The Westin Grand Berlin, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear guest, to let go a guest disappointed, makes us disappointed too. Our aim is your satisfaction and comfort during your stay. You should feel at home here and we sincere regret by reading your comment with your impressions. Please be informed that we are going to undertake some refreshments within this year and we will constantly doing maintaining works. You can be assured that you are important to us; you are the reason why we work here. We would be pleased to convince you a next time and hope to get a chance. The Westin Grand Berlin, Andrea W.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great location for tourism. This is an American luxury hotel so you are not getting the European/quaint B & B experience. Really comfy king size bed (rare to find king size in Europe) and nice workout facility/spa. They offer massages and facials but we did not partake. They have a nice hot tub and swimming pool. Great bar/restaurant area...they will let you sit for hours as long as your order something. Use the concierge, that's what they are there for. 10-20 minute walk to Brandenburg gate, Reichstag, Holocaust museum...all the sites. 2 subway stops to Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin Wall, Topography of Terror. It is definitely in the hustle and bustle of tourism so everything shuts down around 7-8pm. Right by all of the embassies and shopping. We booked on SPG points. If I had to pay, I would probably find somewhere else. You don't NEED the amenities when you're our sightseeing all day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you very much for being and sharing with us your impressions in Berlin and our hotel. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope it won't be your last one! The Westin Grand Berlin, Andrea W.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was very surprised to find that this 4 star hotel in the heart of Berlin was very unimpressive once you pass the grand staircase. Here is my list of pros and cons...

Pro: great location near many wonderful attractions and restaurants

Cons:
-rooms are old in appearance and very small, even for European standards.
- hotel pool is small and the water was quite cold, causing our child to get quite sick
- the breakfast is 40 euro per person and wifi is 15 euro per day. Many more charming hotels in Berlin offer free breakfast and wifi
- the staff is incredibly rude and inconsiderate and does not care to accommodate their guests in any way.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alhayaat777
Dear guest, thank your for being with us and thank you for listing all your impressions as it is very important for us to get a real feedback of our guests. Our breakfast offers a great variety of foods and beverages and includes also the very healthy Superfoods. The most of our guests appreciate it very much and the rate appropriate. Indeed our pool size is not made for Olympic Games, but has a special round form with 13 diameters. Please be assured that all our guests are valued and polite and friendly behavior is a matter of course. We will evaluate your impression with our staff to make them even more sensitive at any time. Whenever you intend to come to Berlin we hope to get a second chance to convince you. The Westin Grand Berlin, Andrea W.