“I love my stay the second time around.”
Review of Hilton Berlin

Hilton Berlin
Ranked #64 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Cebu Island, Philippines
“I love my stay the second time around.”
Reviewed 2 June 2011

This hotel offers a perfect view of the Gendarmenmkt. This made us chose this hotel again. The breakfast buffet offers lots of choices. However, internet connection is availabe for a fee. We were travelling around Eastern Europe, most hotels we stayed in offer it for free. Because of its location, I will certainly stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (638)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Overall I was pleased with my stay at this hotel. The lobby is big and beautiful, staff was excellent, room was large and nice.

The bathroom was a bit outdated though. No walk in shower, just a bathtub with a shower head and one of those swinging glass doors covering part of the tub. Moreover, the water pressure is so weak that in order to stand under the water you have to stand all the way up in the front quarter of the tub, basically standing right up near the train, while trying not to bump into the faucet and the sliding shower head. There is nothing luxurious or relaxing about showering there.

The 17 euro per day charge for internet is excessive.

I would consider staying here again, but I might also consider the nearby Westin in the hope of a getting a decent shower in the morning.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank STLvagabond
MartinSoerensen, Manager at Hilton Berlin, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Dear STLvagabond,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at the Hilton Berlin.
I was happy to read your positive notes on our lobby, rooms and team.

I also appreciate the information regarding the shower pressure, which has been investigated by the responsible department. We do offer a wide variety of room types, with either bathtub, walk-in shower or even both. Since our refurbishment in 2010, we also offer exclusive rooms with rainshowers. I would recommend these especially for your next visit to Berlin.

Internet is offered free of charge in our Executive Lounge as one of the numerous benefits for guests booking executive rooms.

I hope you will consider booking with us again when returning to Berlin.

Kind regards

Martin Soerensen
Director of Operations
Lake George, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I liked the location of the hotel, it was an easy walk to the Brandenburg Gate (Brandenburger Tor), Checkpoint Charlie it is across the street from the Gendarmenmarkt and a metro station. Access to the city from here is excellent. The room was comfortable, large enough and quite with almost no street noise (3rd floor room). The executive lounge was a real treat - decent food and plenty of beverages with free internet access in the lounge. The hotel staff is attentive and all made attempts to make sure that my time in Berlin was enjoyable - making suggestions on how to get around, restaurant locations etc. All in all an very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Our first experience of Berlin, and not our last...although we enjoyed our stay at this beautiful hotel, in the future we would probably stay a little bit more central, to be nearer more choice of bars and restaurants in the evenings. Saying that, the metro system in Berlin is brilliant, and there is a metro station opposite the hotel ( Stadtmitte ) so it is very easy to get around the city, and to the airport.
Rooms are fine, not that big ( we had a standard King ) but not a problem, has a workstation for using laptop if required, but we found the lighting quite dim. The bed was a delight to sleep in, crisp white linen and wonderful quality pillows! Bathroom was quite small and maybe needed updating to a power-shower, but adequate, with plenty of mirrors, bright lighting, hairdryer and toiletries etc. Room seemed to be styled and decorated for the business traveller?
Breakfast was really plentiful with an excellent choice to suit every taste, and the staff were brilliant at keeping the very busy breakfast room running efficiently, clearing tables and seating people quickly and cheerfully!
We must mention that we found all the staff in the hotel really polite and always greeted us with a smile. This is definately not always the case in all hotels, and the Hilton Berlin is exceptional in their standard of customer service.
We ate in the adjoining restaurant ( Mark Brandenburg ) for one evening, which has a relaxed and classy atmosphere, again with attentive professional staff. We didn't find the food exceptional, but it was pleasant enough for us to enjoy a lovely evening, so would recommend it if not wanting to venture out of the hotel for a meal. Nice to wander back into the stylish hotel bar to finish off the evening! All in all, a lovely stay in a quality hotel!

Room Tip: Upgrade room on check in for an extra charge
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Could not have been more pleased with my 12-day stay at this hotel. It has the best location in Berlin, in my view. It is located on the beautiful Gendarmenmarkt. One can easily walk to many important sights from the hotel and there is also a U-Bahn station in front of the hotel. The hotel has been recently refurbished from top to bottom and the results are outstanding. I stayed in one of the executive rooms located at the front of the hotel overlooking the Gendarmenmarkt. The room was nicely furnished, very comfortable and had a great view. I have just two complaints, The combination shower/tub's surface was extremely slippery. It was quite a challenge to maintain one's footing and to get in or out of the tub. Some sort of non-slip surface would have been greatly appreciated. I also believe the Internet charge of 17 to 22 Euros a day was excessive. I believe such service, like the telephone, should be a standard feature of every hotel room for no extra charge. I found every staff member I met to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet available to all guests, which is included in some room rates or otherwise is an extra charge, is expansive and very good. There is even a cook who will prepare eggs or an omelette for you any way you like. Most days I ate breakfast in the executive lounge, where the buffet is less expansive but nonetheless perfectly adequate. There are also computers available to use for free in the executive lounge. The Mark Brandenburg restaurant in the hotel was outstanding. I had many meals there and all were excellent and the prices reasonable. I highly recommend it. The food was also very good in the lobby lounge. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 20 May 2011

This hotel is situated in the central part of Berlin, easy to reach by the Berlin Metro system. If you like to walk, it's not too far to Brandenburger Tor, Parliament building etc.

The room we got (special price for two persons) was a single room, so it was very small but acceptable due to the hotel standard in combination with the price we paid. But the only disadvantage, was the breakfast. It wasn't poor but neither rich, which I had espected from a hotel in this price range.

What I don't understand is why this kind of hotels don't offer free Internet (as for example Radisson Blu) but they charge a huge amount for 24 hours connection. Do they think that Internet is for a few people, business men and women who have a fortune and not for "all people" who would like to read the news in the home-town, to check mails or have contact with the family? Today Internet is a part of almost everyones life, also for people who don't have a lot of money at the bank account.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Someishere
Derby in the UK
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Was in Berlin on business for three weeks, couldn't ask for a better hotel, rooms are great, the best bed and pillows I have ever had. Location is fantastic right in the centre of everything, the Stadmitte is right outside the hotel so great to just hop on a train and venture parts of the city whether it be sightseeing, eating or going to work. Hotel bar is great albeit pricey, but nice for one or two as a treat. Breakfast is excellent, quality you would expect. Staff are courteous and polite, and because I stayed for so long had regular treats sent up to the room lke wine and fruit. There is a good gym, everything you need and a fantastic swimming pool. TV has lots of channels, and if you are from England you have your BBC and ITV.
Great stay, great hotel and great experience ..... thank you

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business