“A fantastic location”

Hilton Berlin
Ranked #68 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We have spent 3 nights at this hotel and everything was perfect. The room was spacious and very clean. We would like to get a room facing the Square but the hotel was totally sold out so we have got that one facing the inner yard. As a compensation for that small inconvenience they offered us 4 vouchers for the breakfast that was really nice as a breakfast for one person is around Euro 30. The Jandarmenmarkt Square where the hotel is situated is really the most beautiful square in Berlin. There is a lot of nice restaurants and shops around the hotel and Unter der Linden and Alexanderplatz - the symbolic places of interest of ex DDR are just 5-15 minutes walking time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,835)

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Give this one a miss. A modern entrance, bar and reception gives way to dull corridors, small dull rooms with noisy streets below and totally disinterested staff. The hotel appears to cater mostly for coaches. A classic dull old Hilton. I checked out after one night and moved elsewhere preferring to lose the money on the following night's booking.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tony R
MartinSoerensen, Manager at Hilton Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Dear Tony R,

thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us in Hilton Berlin.
I was happy to read that you found our Entrance and Reception area to be modern. Although both the Reception and all guest rooms have recently been renovated, I am sorry that this design was not appealing to you.

We have a large variety of guestrooms, studios and suites. If you plan to visit Berlin again, you are welcome to contact myself directly in advance for me to make a recommendation.

I apologize if one of my team members did not show concern or interest. I have passed on the comment to my team, We aim to make the stay of each guest as enjoyable as possible. I hope you would give us a chance to deliver this promise at your next visit to Berlin.

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The location of the hotel is excellent - close to Museum Island, Checkpoint Charlie, restaurants & a large shopping arcade. The rooms are decent sized although the bathroom is a bit small for 2 people to use at the same time. There is a shower but no tub. The breakfast buffet was very good & included with our tour. That was the only meal we ate in the hotel. Minibar prices seemed high (E8.50 for a bottle of Sekt!). The only free WIFI is in the lobby; in the rooms it is expensive (E25 for 24 hrs.). The pool is small but nicely heated, with bar service right there. It is a bit complicated to get from one section of the hotel, which uses the back elevators, to the pool. You have to go down to 6th floor & then down a corridor to an elevator that takes you to the 1st floor pool.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Paid a fair bit to stay in the exec floor (well worked paid). Sorry to say it was so so and the staff, even in the exec lounge were aloof to say the least. I expect higher standards. You also have to pay for the sauna which seems somewhat ridiculous.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PJ_London77

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I have passed on your comments to the Executive Lounge Team. Our Executive Lounge should be a place to work or relax, while enjoying the benefits it brings, and we will take your feedback as an opportunity to train our team to be more attentive.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back when you visit Berlin again.

sincerely

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Berlin for a long weekend with my husband. The executive lounge is by far one of the best I've ever encountered in staying at many Hiltons! The only complaint I have is the bed in our room was SOOOOO hard I actually woke up feeling bruised. The breakfast served daily in the lounge is excellent, as is the canapes in the evening. We enjoyed a wonderful massage in the living well spa too. This hotel experience made for a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Berlin, as a city, is a great place to visit too!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janie30
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We were here for two nights as part of a tour group. Room was very clean and spacious, with nice ameneties. Location was great for our independent site seeing, with interesting shopping and a good assortment of nearby restaurants. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Buffet breakfast, included in our tour price, offered a very wide range of tasty choices.

All in all, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind and positive feedback. I am happy that you had a nice stay with us.
In particular I am delighted that you enjoyed the room with its amenities, but also that the Breakfast variety was up to your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back when in Berlin again

sincerely

Reviewed 4 November 2012

fantastic !!! AAA Hotel ! We enjoyed a lot the location of the hotel and food ! Location is excellent with many restaurants nearby. Bustling hotel with friendly helpful staff. Relaxing swimming pool, all made for an excellent trip ! Many good stores nearby. RECOMMENDED !!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple