“GREAT LOCATION/POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Review of Hilton Berlin

Hilton Berlin
Ranked #64 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 November 2012

An amazing lobby with the look and feel of a five star hotel particularly during the evening when there is live music! We checked in and the receptionist failed to explain the facilities on offer; in fact she directed us to the wrong lift! The staff never greeted us when we entered or exited the hotel and when I asked for sachets of milk; I was told I would be charged! The room was very nice with all modern amenities and was serviced daily to a very high standard and it was the support staff; the maids and the cleaners who always smiled and said 'hello'. I commend every single one of them!

Internet must be made available to all for a reasonable rate and the current rate is outrageous! Nowadays, the internet is no longer a luxury, it's a necessity. I implore the hotel to rethink their internet policy.

The location of the hotel is the biggest plus point and you can easily walk to most of the major attractions such as Potsdamer Platz, Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Checkpoint Charlie, Berliner Dom and many more. An underground station is literally outside the hotel entrance!

I love Berlin and I can't wait to return but I am not sure if I will be returning to the Hilton, Berlin.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Berlin

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Hilton Berlin is my favourite place of stay when I visit Berlin. The rooms are clean and spacious, staff is very friendly and efficient and the location is excellent. In 15 minutes’ walk you can reach museums and in less than 10 minutes’ walk it is Gallery Lafayette among other shopping attractions. I also enjoy the breakfast as both the venue and food are excellent; very good start of a day. I recommend this hotel to solo and group travellers.

The only negative thing is that the elevators were slow!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed in the Hilton for 4 nights and had an excellent stay. We had deal on booking.com with breakfast which was good value and needed for a day sightseeing. The hotel is situated right on the Gendarmenmarkt square with fantastic views and easy access to all the main sites. The sightseeing buses all stop on the square which is handy if you want to get your bearings and have a quick look around the city.

The hotel is exactly what you would expect from a Hilton. Clean, executive style rooms of ample size, classy lobby, bar etc. The only thing we missed was a bath tub, but the shower was powerful enough - it's just nice to have a soak after a day sightseeing. We asked for a quiet room, and didn't hear a thing from outside or other rooms. We had planned on using the pool, but didn't make it as there is so much to see in Berlin.

The breakfast was fantastic. All the choice you would expect, continental, cooked, fruit, juices etc. There was even fresh smoked salmon, pates etc. The cakes and muffins were delicious. The best part of breakfast was the view - we had a window seat everyday looking over the square.

There are lots of places for food and drinks within easy walk. We found the Lowenbrau beer hall around the corner (turn right and right again - big sign) and another across the square (turn left then right). We also found an absolutely delicious (and excellent value) Thai restaurant around the corner (turn right and it's at the end of the road) called Good Times.

If we visit Berlin again, we won't think twice about staying at the Berlin Hilton.

If you are arriving by metro, try and arrive via U2. We took the U6 and ended up getting lost trying to find the hotel (it was 10pm and dark) but the U2 exit is right outside the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rock_30
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This was a business trip but I took the opportunity to do some sightseeing as well and this hotel was in a perfect location. It was quite expensive but fabulous, my room was a good size, with desk and plenty of plug points, even UK ones!!

The food in the restaurant was great and not too expensive and I had one of the best Bloody Mary's I have ever had in the bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade and book a high room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and the room was clean and spacious for the general room type. WiFi in the room was an extortionate 25 euro for 24hrs and breakfast was not included in the base price. The food in the bar area is a little in the expensive side. I would go back again though.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We have spent 3 nights at this hotel and everything was perfect. The room was spacious and very clean. We would like to get a room facing the Square but the hotel was totally sold out so we have got that one facing the inner yard. As a compensation for that small inconvenience they offered us 4 vouchers for the breakfast that was really nice as a breakfast for one person is around Euro 30. The Jandarmenmarkt Square where the hotel is situated is really the most beautiful square in Berlin. There is a lot of nice restaurants and shops around the hotel and Unter der Linden and Alexanderplatz - the symbolic places of interest of ex DDR are just 5-15 minutes walking time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Give this one a miss. A modern entrance, bar and reception gives way to dull corridors, small dull rooms with noisy streets below and totally disinterested staff. The hotel appears to cater mostly for coaches. A classic dull old Hilton. I checked out after one night and moved elsewhere preferring to lose the money on the following night's booking.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tony R
MartinSoerensen, Manager at Hilton Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Dear Tony R,

thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us in Hilton Berlin.
I was happy to read that you found our Entrance and Reception area to be modern. Although both the Reception and all guest rooms have recently been renovated, I am sorry that this design was not appealing to you.

We have a large variety of guestrooms, studios and suites. If you plan to visit Berlin again, you are welcome to contact myself directly in advance for me to make a recommendation.

I apologize if one of my team members did not show concern or interest. I have passed on the comment to my team, We aim to make the stay of each guest as enjoyable as possible. I hope you would give us a chance to deliver this promise at your next visit to Berlin.

Sincerely