“Good position, good breakfast. Perfect to visit Berlin”
Review of TRYP Berlin Mitte

TRYP Berlin Mitte
Ranked #103 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights, location is near the U6 station NaturkundenMuseum (just 150-200 meters). All the hotel is new with modern furniture, personel is young and kind. The room was good, the shower was very large but the bathroom has not the bidet... My suggestion is to book including breakfast because it costs 16 euros (!) if you decide to include it when you arrive; we're talking of a very big breakfast with sweet or salty food up to 11 in the morning. The only thing is that our room, which was direct to the interior garden of the hotel, was a little bit noisy because of a cold-warm machine postioned on the ground of this garden. One suggestion if you want to eat german food with a little touch of international cousine: "Oderquelle" in Oderberger strasse at number 27. For a mojito or a cold beer in a simple but very cool mood: Wohnzimmer in Lettestrße 6. Enjoy it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,308)

Reviewed 24 July 2011

The hotel was super clean and nicely decorated. The beds were really comfortable which is great after a long day of traveling. The staff was very nice. Overall, it was a great stay. I would definitely stay there again or any other Tryp Hotel. A great value!

Reviewed 23 July 2011

Good new hotel, very clean and functional, nice big beds and powerful shower. Booked through Expedia it was really cheap. Very convenient to all main transports. We did not have the expensive breakfast because Berlin's cafes have so much for so little money that's criminal not to visit them. there are so many good independent cafes and restaurants and shops, really loved Berlin and with the good sleep I got at the hotel I had lots of energies to explore it well. I just wish I knew a bit more german so to arrange a taxi myself and not rely on hotel staff to arrange an overpriced minicab to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a city break from Friday to Tuesday. Beautiful, new, modern, clean & modern hotel with polite & helpful staff. Hotel is less than a year old so feels very new & clean. Decor of the rooms was spot on & very trendy & modern, with some nice flooring & no cheap stuff. Nice LCD Samsung TV in each room & roomy power shower in bathroom. My room was facing the rear so it was nice & quiet & tranquil at all times. Downstairs in reception they have a bar which is open all day until late (about 2 or 3am). Bar only ever had a few people staying at hotel there at any time. So not very lively, but nice still.
They have a clean & modern dining area right next to reception but never got to eat as we were out every night partying. But quite high food prices did put us off eating there in first place anyway. For instance breakfast was 16 euros (which is about £16 nowadays!) which was pretty expensive for a buffet. And a coffee was about 2 & a half Euros (about £2.50). So about Starbucks prices for a little cup.
Hotel is very centrally located. It's not slap bang in the middle of the hustle & bustle of Berlin but it is very, very near to travel to. About 20 mins walk or 10 mins by underground train & the train station is 5 mins walk away.
Only very minor quibble was one morning we did have a bit of breakfast. Not the full 16 euro one but a 6 euro one where they let you have a bit of meat & cheese & one roll & a cup of coffee. We had that & as I was eating I noticed what looked like a little flea (or could be a fly) crawling over my sandwich. I called the young waitress & she just sort of said "yes, and?" I was expecting her to refund me in full for the breakfast but she just said "yes we do get a few fleas here sometimes". My friends thought I was making something out of nothing but I'm not really used to eating fleas for breakfast! That could have been just a one off & to be fair the waitress was only about 18 & looked quite inexperienced hence she didn't react how I expected or wanted her to.
They claim to have a gymn at this hotel which I found on the top floor. It's really just one running machine, one bike, one multi gymn & a couple of free weights & a sauna room & that's it. It's quite a small room too. So don't expect a proper well equipped gymn as the gymn here was just basic.
Another thing which may be of interest is this hotel is part of a Spanish-owned chain. So the hotel had loads of Spanish staying there. Being half Spanish myself that was a big bonus as I got to speak Spanish with some of the other guests & they were all very friendly, polite & respectfull (as the Spanish naturally are!).
So apart from the expensive food & drink & the odd flea, this was a brilliant hotel & if I go back to Berlin (as I'm hoping to soon), I'd definately stay here again as I loved it.
Pedro

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pedro_ALondon
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a few nights, and it was a great stay.
However, there are construction work outside the hotel, so if you want to sleep in, or if not being a heavy sleeper ask for a room not facing the street.
Rooms were modern, and clean.
Internet was very expensive, but there is a cafe down the street that has free wireless, so we used that.
Breakfast was expensive 16 €. there are plenty of breakfast places not far from the hotel, and we spent about 9€ 2 ppl incl coffee.
It is easy to get around, and the metro is running just outside the hotel.
There are some great dinner places and bars in Prenzlauer berg area. Found a GREAT winebar/restuart at helmholdtsplatz in Prenzlauer berg.. there are also many other good dining places.
Tips: was told by my friend from Berlin that you don't normally tip. If service has been really good you leve 2 € or so.. We gave around 5-6€ just to be sure..
We went on a bike tour 4,5 hour ride, and it was very good.. we payed 16€ per person incl student discount. otherwise it is 19 or 20€..
There is a tourist information at the hauptbahnhof where you can find lots of information.

1  Thank hrg24
Reviewed 13 July 2011

New hotel in (north) Mitte Berlin. Clean modern with good facilities and excellent staff. If your map reading is good many of Berlins sights are just about within walking distance.. if not tram and U Bahn just outside.

1  Thank cuthman1
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We booked a standard double room for a few days, and we had such a good experience! It was on the 1st floor, facing the street (perhaps louder than usual at some moments but not too loud). bathroom is exquisite and the room service was literally invisible and damn efficient. Rooms are spacy and so good-looking and, we have to say, THE BED IS P-E-R-F-E-C-T, which is one of the most important things to every traveller. The Tryp Mitte is located on a walking distance to the all Berlin's hot spots and lovely artie/cozy Keuzberg district's just a few stations away by U-bahn.
All in all - Berlin is a perfect for a trackers - flat, green and blue, so clean! There are no hills at all and it's perfect for a walking pleasures.

30 euros per person per night is - what can I say? - more than a good offer. WARMLY RECOMMENDED! Tanya & Milan

Room Tip: unbelievably excellent value for money!