“Disappointing”

Ranked #124 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The place is clean, new and beautiful. The room was excellent. Central location. Too bad that the staff was unfriendly and it's obviously removed our smile the moment we entered. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of food and very good coffee. Hope that the review will help to improve the service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Manager at H2 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear guests,
It is nice to read that you liked our hotel. The more we regret that the overall experience was “disappointing” because of the unfriendliness of some employees. We are really sorry for that.
As we take the comments of our guests seriously, of course your rating will help us to improve our service. We assure you that we will put our attention on it.
We would be very glad if you would give us the opportunity to leave a better impression and remain with kind regards!

Your team of H2 Hotel Berlin-Alexanderplatz
Kessrin Heusel – Online Reputation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

If it wasn't for my accident with the elevator I would have given this hotel a rating of 5.
We were staying from Monday to Friday.
The hotel was clean and the rooms although very small were immaculate - we stayed for 4 nights and the towels were changed every day and the bed linen twice.
The breakfast was plentiful with a good selection of hot and cold foods.
The staff were efficient and friendly.
The hotel was centrally located and good transport links were nearby.
Like other guests have already said the pillows were a nightmare - they were the continental ones (square) and very flat.
On the Tuesday morning my issue was with the lift (elevator) the sensor was obviously faulty but staff would not admit to this.
My husband was caught in the doors of the elevator on entering, on the way back up to our room after breakfast, but fortunately not hurt. Then I was caught exiting the elevator on our floor the doors jammed on me, hurting my arm badly. At least 6 people witnessed the accident.
One of the managers Mrs Wolfe provided me with elastoplasts and I completed the accident form.
The following day Mrs Wolfe informed me that the elevator technical staff had checked the elevator and had found nothing wrong with it !!!
Over the next few days the two cuts on my arms healed a little but the bruising was horrendous. I showed Mrs Wolfe my arm on our final day and informed her I would be taking the matter further on my return to the UK.

Room Tip: Choose a room near to the ground floor so that you can avoid using the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ElaineG32
Berlin
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Efficient check-in/check-out process, friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast facilities, clean room, convenient location. The only disadvantage is the relatively laborious WiFi-connection. It's for free, and with an acceptable speed, but when using one have to reconnect again, and again, and again, and again...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank André D
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We chose this hotel based on location and price. It's very close to public transportation but you can also easily walk to a lot of the tourist sites from here. I personally love the vibe of Alexanderplatz so I really liked walking around the area and exploring its restaurants, shops, etc.
Breakfast was very good, with lots of options. The breakfast area gets very crowded around 8am so plan to eat early or late to avoid having to wait for a table.
We had a double room which was spotless and average size for european standards. We didn't mind not having a closet and used the hangers provided.
Pillows are really thin but the staff had no problem giving us extra ones when we asked for them.
I would also like to give special thanks to Manuela, at the front desk, who was our go-to-girl during our stay. During check in she noticed that we spoke spanish and from then on she always answered all of our questions in spanish (which were several a day!) She also helped me with a wardrobe malfunction I had, providing me with needle and thread.
Overall, we were very satisfied with this hotel and would recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MeCo79
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Comfortable and clean. Pillows were a disaster, too damn soft. Asked for a harder pillow to no avail. Had to use the duvet from the other bed as a pillow! No wardrobe! Hang your clothes on 8 wall hooks........please! No shampoo only cheap hand-wash. Not much thought went into the breakfast area either although the food was A1. However it is very central to Berlin. Desk staff need to lighten up a bit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The main door was an issue to us. We had a buggy and huge luggages and we had to push while pushing our luggages. TERRIBLE. Front desk staff just WATCH.

When we arrived, they could not locate my reservation. Had to show them my email confirmation and my bookings.com confirmation. They held onto my phone. The reception just kept saying she could not find my reservation. After passing to another staff they found it and gave us a room. However did not apologize!
Same goes when I was checking out, staff had problem logging in PC and then made us WAIT somemore. Frustrating.

Quite a distance from Alexanderplatz station. Breakfast was average and crowded. Would not recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Personnel was not frendly nor helpful at all, which I found very odd for tourism employees of 4 star hotel who are daily in contact with guests! Crowded at breakfast, although breakfast was excellent - variety of fresh food! Excellent location and clean room!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends