“Good for a quick meal”

Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: Close to the Brandenburg Gate & the Museums-Island you can enjoy fresh salads, homemade soups, a changing daily menu, fancy sandwiches and yummy cakes in our modern and cosy bistro. A friendly team, great coffee- and tea specialities, fresh juices plus a funky selection of soft drinks & wines are waiting for you!
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I wouldn't imply from the reviews that this place offers the most amazing cuisine or experience - it's just quick, tasty, healthy and with a lot of variety. It's a common sight in American cities, with a German twist.

1  Thank skipflip
There are newer reviews for Flamingo Fresh Food Bar

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I've been meaning to try this place for months, but never did. Today I was walking from Tiergarten to Friedrichstraße to walk along the river, and I just happened to pass by. When I saw that they take cards, I was in!

They had lots of fresh salads, cakes, and sandwiches to choose from. I chose a pre-boxed penne pasta entree, which they then plated for me. It was pesto pasta with olive oil, tomatoes, and pine nuts. Unbelievable flavor and freshness. I savored each bite. It was nice to sit there by the window in the sunlight. It would have been better to snag a table outside, but of course they were all taken.

I can't wait to go back and try something else. And my pasta was less than €5 for lunch- and so fresh with a nice portion! At an Italian restaurant here, it would easily cost you €12 for something similar of less quality.

roger t, Inhaber at Flamingo Fresh Food Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

dear cranky sc traveler! what a fantastic feed back. thank you for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor family and for taking the time to write this review! We are so happy that you have tried our pasta after month. hope to see you soon again, all the best - YOUR flamingo-fresh-food -team!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We visited Flamingo Fresh Food Bar prior to our visit to the Reichstag and were not disappointed, the menu was really extensive and all of the items looked delicious but my parter and I went for a mozarella, pesto etc ciabatta. Everything was lovely and fresh and the size of the sandwich was generous enough for me not to be able to finish mine. Coffee was also absolutely lovely (this seems to be a theme in Berlin!) and I really liked the little salad idea they had, where you buy the base, toppings and dressing separately. Had we been in Berlin longer we would definitely have gone back for another go!

roger t, Inhaber at Flamingo Fresh Food Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear L.,
it is so fantastic that you had the time to share your "Flamingo-Experience"
and we are happy to hear that you liked the freshness and the tasty choice of our food and coffee! Hope to see you soon again in Berlin ;-)))

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Found this gem just nearby Friedrichstrasse Station and what a find it was. Service was really friendly, place really clean and food freshly made and delicious. We had soup and a sandwich both times we ate here and on both occasions they were scrummy! Was busy with office workers around 11.30 - 1pm but tables are cleared quickly. Definitely comes highly recommended.

roger t, Inhaber at Flamingo Fresh Food Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

;-) Thank you VERY much for taking the time to write this positive review. It is great to hear that you liked our soups so much!! We hope to see you soon again in Berlin! Best regards, YOUR Flamingo-Team!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is a very handy little cafe if you are visiting Tranenpalast or the Reichstag. Its just across from the Friedrichstrasse station. A great selection of food (we are vegetarian) and very friendly staff who greeted us like old friends when we returned a second time. We had delicious soup which was very filling, but the other food also looked good. We really liked this place and thoroughly recommend it as a nice place for lunch or coffee. Gets busy around lunchtime with local office workers. Does takeaway too.

roger t, Manager at Flamingo Fresh Food Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear East Sussex Guests! Next visit we will greet you again like old friends, we try our best ;-) Thank you for sharing your positive opinion and that you have found the time to write this down. The Chef cook is still smiling. See you soon in Berlin, YOUR Flamingo-Team!