“Amazing”

Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: Close to the Brandenburg Gate & the Museums-Island you can enjoy fresh salads, homemade soups, a changing daily menu, fancy sandwiches and yummy cakes in our modern and cosy bistro. A friendly team, great coffee- and tea specialities, fresh juices plus a funky selection of soft drinks & wines are waiting for you!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went yesterday to have luch there recommended by Tripadvisor, and we LOVED it. The place is beautiful, the staff is efficient and really kind and the food is awesome (I recommend the Parmesano sandwich). What is more, the owner came to take our plates and he asked if everything was ok so I had the chance to congratulate him for everything and he is the nicest person! We would like to come back again before leaving Berlin this Sunday :)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Aceitunanegra
roger t, Inhaber at Flamingo Fresh Food Bar, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
dear aceitunanegra! thank you SOOOOO much for this very kind and positive review. we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the service and our food-offer! unfortunately we are closed on weekends but we are so much looking forward and hope to see you next time you visit berlin during the week! ;-) greetings to spain!!! your flamingo team

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
“Good for a quick meal”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I wouldn't imply from the reviews that this place offers the most amazing cuisine or experience - it's just quick, tasty, healthy and with a lot of variety. It's a common sight in American cities, with a German twist.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank skipflip
Berlin, Germany
“Worth a visit- super fresh and tasty!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I've been meaning to try this place for months, but never did. Today I was walking from Tiergarten to Friedrichstraße to walk along the river, and I just happened to pass by. When I saw that they take cards, I was in!

They had lots of fresh salads, cakes, and sandwiches to choose from. I chose a pre-boxed penne pasta entree, which they then plated for me. It was pesto pasta with olive oil, tomatoes, and pine nuts. Unbelievable flavor and freshness. I savored each bite. It was nice to sit there by the window in the sunlight. It would have been better to snag a table outside, but of course they were all taken.

I can't wait to go back and try something else. And my pasta was less than €5 for lunch- and so fresh with a nice portion! At an Italian restaurant here, it would easily cost you €12 for something similar of less quality.

roger t, Inhaber at Flamingo Fresh Food Bar, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
dear cranky sc traveler! what a fantastic feed back. thank you for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor family and for taking the time to write this review! We are so happy that you have tried our pasta after month. hope to see you soon again, all the best - YOUR flamingo-fresh-food -team!
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Loads of choice, super fresh”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We visited Flamingo Fresh Food Bar prior to our visit to the Reichstag and were not disappointed, the menu was really extensive and all of the items looked delicious but my parter and I went for a mozarella, pesto etc ciabatta. Everything was lovely and fresh and the size of the sandwich was generous enough for me not to be able to finish mine. Coffee was also absolutely lovely (this seems to be a theme in Berlin!) and I really liked the little salad idea they had, where you buy the base, toppings and dressing separately. Had we been in Berlin longer we would definitely have gone back for another go!

• Visited December 2013
roger t, Inhaber at Flamingo Fresh Food Bar, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear L.,
it is so fantastic that you had the time to share your "Flamingo-Experience"
and we are happy to hear that you liked the freshness and the tasty choice of our food and coffee! Hope to see you soon again in Berlin ;-)))
Lancashire
“Delicious soup and lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Found this gem just nearby Friedrichstrasse Station and what a find it was. Service was really friendly, place really clean and food freshly made and delicious. We had soup and a sandwich both times we ate here and on both occasions they were scrummy! Was busy with office workers around 11.30 - 1pm but tables are cleared quickly. Definitely comes highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
roger t, Inhaber at Flamingo Fresh Food Bar, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
;-) Thank you VERY much for taking the time to write this positive review. It is great to hear that you liked our soups so much!! We hope to see you soon again in Berlin! Best regards, YOUR Flamingo-Team!