“Genius.”

Restaurant Tim Raue
Ranked #46 of 9,188 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$59 - US$117
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Haven eaten here before, including 2012, when they deservedly won the Gault Millau Menu of the Year, which we had excerpts from, we knew it would be good. This place is fabulous - well worthy of their 2 Michelin stars - Where to start? The 'Manny's Beef' dish is even better that I remember it - Wagyu long cooked & also in tartare form - the best steak tartare I've ever tasted by some distance. The Peking duck interpretation was tremendous - 3 ways - roast breast fillet, foie gras, & consomme made with the offal. Octopus with purple curry sauce. Sucking pig pork belly. I could go on and on. We had 5 courses (7 if you include the free extra 'amuse bouches') - At lunch time, this is a bargain. The staff & service was wonderful, friendly & attentive. The kitchen looks focussed but happy & calm at the same time. No Blumenthal-style headphones playing the sound of the sea, no foams, no jellies - just superb classic & Asian-inspired combinations of flavours in a lovely relaxed setting & wonderful atmosphere. Can't wait 'till next time. ;))

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Tastefully decorated sides dishes and entrees with some refinement to service and desserts. Poor wine harmonization, and I had to interfere. Good... But I sincerely expected more for a 2 Michellin stars.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a great little gem of a restaurant. It takes modern asian to a new level. Unusual taste combinations. I love the small portions. So even if you happen to dislike a dish, it will not ruin your meal. However, this is not likely to happen anyway. I liked the Koenigsgranat best- yum!- Service was friendly, knowledgeable and professional throughout. This place has a nice, clean atmosphere without being sterile or unpersonal. Yes, it is expensive- but that would depend on your wallet. In my opinion, it is the best restaurant I have eaten in Berlin. I also like the Sra Bua @ The Adlon a lot- which I think has a posher feel to it. I love posh! Go to both places. If you are disappointed- blame yourself.

2  Thank Jionkan
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a 2 STAR MICHELIN restaurant. It's more popular for tasting menus but you can order things from the a la carte menu as well. The atmosphere is romantic and suitable for a date. The food here has a rich asia influence so don't expect anything German from this restaurant. The food is highly sophisticated and deserving of a 2 star michelin.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Our experience was definitely of a 2-Michelin star level. The food and service was very good. We took the 5 dishes lunch option, and really enjoyed it. Be prepared to pay about 100 euros for lunch (and more for dinner).