Arco Hotel
US$79
US$127
US$108
  • Room Service
All reviewssmall hoteltree lined streetu bahnshort walkquiet areakadeweleafyschonebergwifineighborhoodpillows
Reviewed 31 May 2014

nice hotel, central located, good breakfast, when we stay the hotel was under reconstruction, so a little bit noisy but owner was very nice and all his staff
nearby Vietnamese restaurant - very good food
excellent holiday!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We chose to stay in this hotel for a second visit to Berlin for 9 nights for the reasons cited by Catherine K and Bill B. All staff (Herr Michael Reuter, Frau Corinne Macoritto, and the regular Fruhstuck hostess whose name I did not get) helped us enjoy our stay with smiles and greetings, second pots of coffee at breakfast upon request, printing out of boarding passes, and purchases of Berlin welcome cards and U-bahn cards. Our superior double room on the ground floor was wonderful with a spacious, well-equipped bath. As noted by Catherine K, the WiFi did not work. Even in the office, I could download email but none of my outgoing email was delivered until I reached EWR on my return home. (I went offline for the rest of my stay but paid the 5 euros anyway.) The other negative was the ongoing rehabbing of the top floor which meant large sheets of plastic ballooned in and out with the wind, workmen made noise starting early in the morning, and scaffolding surrounded the courtyard. Fortunately, the construction noise only affected us a few days out of our stay. I wish they had informed me before my visit so I could have made an informed choice before reserving our room. The problems with the WiFi and construction are why I couldn't give Hotel Arco the highest rating this time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We were very satisfied with our four night stay at the Arco Hotel. Even though we opted for the less expensive double room, it was roomy, clean, and had a good bathroom. The breakfast included hot foods, cold cuts, cereal and various breads and cakes. My only complaint was that WIFI (5E total for the 4 days)did not work in our room and I had to go to the lobby to get access. Apparently it works in most, but not all, rooms. The location between Maria Luisa Platz & Wittenburg Platz was near public transportation and yet seemed like it was not in the middle of a big city. There were plenty of restaurants in the area that seemed more local than touristy. And the staff was very helpful, even printing out our plane boarding passes before we left. If I am ever in Berlin again, I would definately go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine K
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The Arco Hotel on Geisbergstr in Schoneberg is the perfect place to stay in Berlin. The neighborhood (just around the corner from Viktoria-Luisa Park) will remind you of an exclusive street in Greenwich Village. It's quiet, leafy, and serene----and just a very short walk away from three U-Bahn stops and all the Schoneberg clubs and restaurants you'll want to go to. The accommodations are spotless and comfortable, the staff are all cheerful and helpful, and the breakfast (included in the price) is delicious and will fill you up til dinner. If the weather's nice, enjoy an extra cup of coffee while you read your newspaper in the courtyard garden. This was my second stay at the Arco, and I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: No pool, no fitness center. But you have two fgeet-----take a walk in the beautiful neighborhood!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My initial impression of the hotel was a little disappointing. The entrance is a tad scruffy and the carpet rather dirty ... on getting to the room it reminded me of an English sea side B&B - not a great start. The neighborhood was quiet and residential and this made me think we were miles from the center - though in reality its only a 5 minute walk to the main shopping street, underground and tour buses etc so central and quiet - great.

The hosts were friendly and I rather liked the breakfast - large pot of tea - cereal and lovely fresh bread etc - in a bright room that was plenty big enough for the number of guests - what more could you want ? So, as the week went by I warmed to the place and on reflection would go back. There are loads of good restaurants within 5 minutes walk - the Vietnamese was great and good value. With a little work on the entrance and decor it could be a real gem in a great city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends