“Beyond expectation... Very tasty food”
Review of Osteria Tarantina

Osteria Tarantina
Ranked #996 of 8,586 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Beyond expectation... Very tasty food”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This place was crowded on a Friday night as we entered after 20:00. Small place, packed with tables althought a nice atmosphere. Good and affordable wine, delicious main salads (outstanding in taste).
The waitress did a good job. We loved this place.

Plus: salad was served and accompanied by a big pepper dispenser, I mean real big!
When you order mussels in a shell you'll get a citron/water bath afterwards.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tjiktjak

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
uk
“Good face too cool for Skool waiter”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This place is worth seeking out. Our meals wre really nice. The white wine was supposed to be dry, it wasn't but the waiter didn't really care.

The waiter has a bad hairdo and attitude - the pony tail and attitude are not a "good look". That aside the food is good.

Half a litre of wine, a beer, side salad, pasta dish and pizza was just over 30 €. It was good value.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank gisUk
Berlin, Germany
“Always a positive experience.”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I am surprised at these negative reviews. I must have eaten in this restaurant five or six times, and I have taken picky, out of town guests there.

The food has always been delicious and properly served. I do not remember having to wait for service or even to ask for special requests at the table. It is a small restaurant, but charming, like a little hole in the wall you might find in southern Italy. I do not know whether it's run by an Italian family or not. I was introduced to it by a friend from the US who, like me, lives in Berlin.

I am in fact going there tonight. If I have a negative experience with the food or the service, I will make a follow up review reporting that. I do remember the "tall, skinny" waiter, from a couple of times ago, but he just seemed quirky, not rude. The other wait staff I've had there are nice, friendly, and accommodating.

I think it's worth a visit, and for Berlin, very fairly priced. I always enjoy the food.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Bayernguy
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Don't trust the Trip Advisor sticker”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

First night in Berlin and on the basis of a trip advisor sticker in the window we thought we'd found somewhere nice. Unfortunately not. The interior might suggest a nice little Italian trattoria but it was anything but. As the bill said, "Service isn't included" and how right they were. The staff were slow to take our order, delivered the food in bits and bobs and finally offered us some cheese when we had almost finished our main courses. And it isn't as if it is a large restaurant which was packed. The main waiter seemed more interested in watching his iPad than serving. The food was at best mediocre - too salty, using average ingredients and complete with that burnt garlic taste which ruins any meal. Our advice would be to venture a little bit further and try one of the many other restaurants which deserve a visit in this part of town.

• Visited November 2012
Berlin, Germany
“turist's trap”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

they pretend to be Italian... stay away from it

they have also lots of typos in the menu, I tried to talk in Italian to the personel: bad idea

they are either a second generation of italians, either they are not at all
... the food is adapted to german taste, too much butter and garlic everywhere, and sahne/cream where there is supposed to be none

• Visited July 2012