“Sympathetic italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 26 June 2014

So little you can't notice it, behind the tramrails, hidden between the buildings. But it's there, a tiny restaurant. Very italian so it could be in Italia. Anyway it's in the heart of Mitte and worth of going if you want some good pizza or pasta (the pizza was the best I've got in Berlin) For the same prise you got the original athmosphere.

2  Thank Tommie V

Reviewed 23 May 2014

It s a place where you get to know how fortunate you are ! To be amonge real lovely people. We certainly could not find any other place in Berlin with that atmosphere. The food was delicious and the prices were more than faire.

2  Thank Cecassad
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This place was crowded on a Friday night as we entered after 20:00. Small place, packed with tables althought a nice atmosphere. Good and affordable wine, delicious main salads (outstanding in taste).
The waitress did a good job. We loved this place.

Plus: salad was served and accompanied by a big pepper dispenser, I mean real big!
When you order mussels in a shell you'll get a citron/water bath afterwards.

1  Thank Tjiktjak
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This place is worth seeking out. Our meals wre really nice. The white wine was supposed to be dry, it wasn't but the waiter didn't really care.

The waiter has a bad hairdo and attitude - the pony tail and attitude are not a "good look". That aside the food is good.

Half a litre of wine, a beer, side salad, pasta dish and pizza was just over 30 €. It was good value.

1  Thank gisUk
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I am surprised at these negative reviews. I must have eaten in this restaurant five or six times, and I have taken picky, out of town guests there.

The food has always been delicious and properly served. I do not remember having to wait for service or even to ask for special requests at the table. It is a small restaurant, but charming, like a little hole in the wall you might find in southern Italy. I do not know whether it's run by an Italian family or not. I was introduced to it by a friend from the US who, like me, lives in Berlin.

I am in fact going there tonight. If I have a negative experience with the food or the service, I will make a follow up review reporting that. I do remember the "tall, skinny" waiter, from a couple of times ago, but he just seemed quirky, not rude. The other wait staff I've had there are nice, friendly, and accommodating.

I think it's worth a visit, and for Berlin, very fairly priced. I always enjoy the food.

2  Thank Bayernguy