“good restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Schoneberg
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Very good Italian food at a cosy restaurant, service with a smile prices reasonable.In the weekend you need reservations

1  Thank donrei

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I've been to this restaurant 5 or 6 times in the last 18 months or so. There is a huge variation in quality - the pizza were usually ok, nothing exciting, but decent. But the pasta dishes were significantly worse. Service was sometimes good, sometimes horrible.

But on my last visit, the dessert was mouldy. That was truly disgusting and must never ever happen. I mean, it must not happen in the kitchen in the first place but if it does, the waiter must see it and react before delivering it. And it was very visible ... . We returned the food of course and got a lame/half-hearted apology, nothing offered in compensation. When we got the bill we were informed that they had generously decided that we did not have to pay for the dessert - well, thank you very much. We wouldn't have anyway.

Of course I never returned after this incident.

So, unfortunately, I cannot recommend this place, because I seriously doubt their freshness, hygenie, and quality assurance process in general.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We went with friends for dinner at Boccacelli´s. The restaurant has a nice ambiance and the decoration is also really nice. The service was great and helpful. As for the food, we shared a pizza with ham and champignons for appetizers, it was good, but not on the top pizzas I already tasted here in Berlin. As for the main course, I ordered the Gnocchi Pollito - Gnocchi with Chicken and Walnut sauce. The Gnocchi were perfect cooked, and the sauce was amazing. I didn´t even need the chicken on that dish... It is very tasty and I recommend. My wife ordered the Ravioli Freschi, with Spinach and Ricotta, with pesto sauce. Also a really tasty dish. The pesto was made at the restaurant, and it was great. One of our friends ordered a beautiful Salad, the boccacelli salad, it was huge, and next time we go there I´ll surely try the salad. The prices were good to moderate. I recommend for the pasta!

Reviewed 12 January 2013

It is a Italian restaurant where the personnel is really from Italian, so they speak half Italian, half German. You can also say that the dishes are really Italian. They offer a long variety of salads, pizzas and pastas (the menu that you find on the Internet does not correspond to the real one). We ordered a pizza as an appetizer for six (the pizza was huge and thin) and me and my husband ordered pasta. The pizza was not so great, really nothing special, but the pastas were definitely good. I ordered a gnocchi with chicken and parmesan-walnuts sauce and the sauce was amazing (no need for chicken there...) and my husband ordered a ravioli freschi (with spinach and ricotta) and pesto sauce and it tasted really really good. I would definitely go back there for the pasta if I was in the area. They also have a large selection of Italian wines.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I'm always skeptical when someone suggests a "favorite" restaurant. The other day, I was talking with a colleague about "dream jobs," and he confessed that he always wanted to be a restaurant critic. I took this as a sign. So I asked him to recommend an affordable but high quality Italian restaurant. He said, without a pause, that Boccacelli am Winterfeldtplatz (Winterfeldtstraße 34, 10781 Berlin) was among Berlin's best, especially in its price category.

Boccacelli was phenomenal: great food, friendly and attentive service, and very reasonable prices. I ordered the lunch course menu (7,90 €), which included a large pizza or pasta dish, bread, salad, wine or soft drink, and espresso. I was expecting small portions, mediocre food and wine, and average coffee. What I got was a tasty pizza that could have easily feed four people, an incredible salad with a variety of vegetables, a top-notch glass of wine, and a strong espresso.

Located in Schöneberg near the Winterfeldtmarkt, Boccacelli is colorfully decorated with the mandatory red-white checkered tablecloths and kitschy ornamentation. It's definitely worth a visit!