“Definitely a must-see for contemporary art lovers!”

Museum for the Present (Museum fur Gegenwart)
Ranked #337 of 818 things to do in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Berlin's newer renowned art galleries.
Lowell, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Definitely a must-see for contemporary art lovers!”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Really enjoyed my visit here! Didn't love all the exhibitions, but the building itself is beautiful and worth the visit. Plus, the exhibitions I enjoyed were incredible - Saraceno's "Cloud Cities"! - and there's so much to see, that there's something for everyone! Easy to find your way around, a lovely looking restaurant on-site (didn't try it myself).

Didn't love the bookstore - the books, postcards, etc, were not directly related to the current exhibitions, so it was hit-or-miss to find something to remember exactly what I'd just seen in years to come. Good thing they allow photos!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank 907Anonymous

Newtonville, MA
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Modern art in a former train station”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My husband and I are modern art lovers, so we were excited to see what Berlin had to offer. The museum is HUGE...and a great conversion of a former train station. I actually wished they had only converted the main part because the extra wing along the side made the experience overwhelming. The main exhibit halls had some very interesting and beautiful works, but many of the halls were filled with primarily video art. I'm sure some of it is rotating exhibits. It was worth a visit, but don't feel bad if you can't see it all (either because of time or overloading of your visual brain)

Visited October 2011