“Pretentious without marketing itself as pretentious”
Review of Panorama Bar

Panorama Bar
Ranked #74 of 621 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: A trendy nightclub.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Pretentious without marketing itself as pretentious”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Yea I have read the positive reviews from the people who are very proud with themselves for waiting on a queue for over 2 hours and partying till 10am. If thats what you need for your low self esteem them all the power to you. But. . . I left my dignity on the queue waiting for over 2 hours in the cold. Complete waste of time. No place is the world is worth waiting for that amount of time to get in anywhere full stop. Whatever the standards are for the club it is really irrelevant. Don't waste your time because there are plenty of better places to go in the world. Very smart marketing campaign they have designed and it has worked on all the positive reviewers. Please do me and yourself a favor and don't give these people the benefit of boosting their sorry egos by being part of their arbitrary selection process. Enjoy Berlin. . . just not here.

Visited February 2013
11 Thank Aesteticvoyager

London, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Don't bother with it! You may not even get in!”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We were turned away from the door presumably because the bouncer was on a power trip or maybe because we were English (we may never know!). I must note that we were both completely sober and this was early on a sunday evening. The doormen are very rude at this place and this was agreed by many other people who had visited the club. Having spoken to other people who visited the club it was probably for the best that we did not go in as it apparently is full of a lot of inappropriate behaviour. We were warned by many to avoid this place.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Travellerfreddy
“Cool club”
Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

There was 4 of us (3 girls 1 boy all aged 30 and english) who went on a saturday night around 3am. Everyone was being turned away (including many Germans!) as we were queuing ejected people were begging us to join our group which we refused. We were all dressed in indie clothing but smart and spoke in english at the door and the bouncers let us in no problem! I even had a disagreement with one of the bouncers inside about my camera and still got in. Its a great club however Tresor is a million times better.

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“a crack house with a great sound system”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

So the guy I was with wanted to go to Panorama. We were told by a local friend that Sunday afternoon is a good time. We get there Sunday, there is no line. I am denied entry to the place. I say to the guy "whew, thanks I really didn't want to go anyways" which surprised him. My friend was excepted in but he said no thanks as I was not going in. As we walked away I said "all we missed was ok music and bad drugs" at which point the doorman yelled at us, and said we could get in. So perhaps being completely uncaring helped.
As for the bar/club/place itself - it was alright. The inside was the best area for the music, but if you are not on drugs or have no plan to buy/take some, I could not see the thrill of being there. After dancing for an hour, we went to the outside bar, and watched the underemployed berlin gay drug culture unfold for a few hours.
The place to me would have been cool about a decade ago, but all I saw was a bunch of sad, drugged out people.
This is the place where if that is your scene - the go and enjoy it. Have a great time. Do whatever you want, and then go to the doctor afterwords to get a shot.
If its a place where you maybe want to go, skip it. Its not worth the 12 Euro's, the crowd, and the people.
If you don't like electronic music and drugs, definately skip it. There are far better gay and straight places in berlin to go and enjoy yourself where you don't have to put up with the faux superiority of a place that is in essence a crack house.

Visited August 2012
9 Thank jason w
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Berghain/Panorama Bar”
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

We arrived in Berlin on 24th May for 1) my birthday and 2) my stag. There was a group of 3 of us that 1st night. I didn't think we'd be heading out far the 1st night with the rest of the party getting there the 2nd night, however, on the flight over one of my party discovered there was going to be a decent DJ there and a band playing some Electronica that night. He & his brother are big Electronica fans. We rested up showered got changed at our digs and headed out. I was in a pair of jeans, denim trainers and a t-shirt, the other guys were similar. We arrived about 11:30-12ish and we were 3 of a queue of 6 or 7. Knowing the strict door policy we got to the door I answered in German as I speak German but am actually British. The other guys didn't speak German so we stood in the queue at the front and spoke English to one another, not really paying attention to them...They must have been sizing us up as it wasn't as if the club was mobbed but we were let in regardless. Maybe it was sheer luck, maybe it was us being blasé about our chances of getting in? Anyway great club not badly priced for getting in compared to what you'd pay here in Britain and also drinks very reasonably priced too. Bottles of Beer €3. The only thing they are really strict on is cameras. No cameras allowed this includes smart phones. Despite people doing it anyway taking photos or making films...if you get caught u run the risk of being ejected or having all photos on your phone deleted. It's not worth it in my opinion enjoy the night if you're successful enough to get in that's the difficult part. The club is very liberal with smoking & "kiffen" taking placing & it being an openly gay club, but the music was immense, the DJ's just blew you away & the freedom they had too to spin the tunes they loved n experiment with new sounds was unbelievable. The sound system must have cost a bomb and maybe this is one of the reasons they're precious about photos in the club etc as well as liberalness inside. I think someone mentioned a cost of 2 million dollars in a earlier review all I know is it's something else :-) so don't believe all these racist/xenophobe reviews... If you go along dressed casually not done up to the 9s, go there with the expectation u might not get in and don't really give a f either way then the chances are more stacked in your favour. It goes without saying the fewer there are of u in a group the better chance u have of getting in i.e. break up stag or hen parties, or a bunch of u going out same as u wud at any other club.

4 Thank Simon W