“Good and decent”

New bathroom
Nice lobby area

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Nielsontravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Budapest
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We booked an executive room on the 7th (top) floor of the hotel. The room had a standard size and modern design; the added value was a limitless access to the "Privilege lounge" on the ground floor offering free Nespresso café, tea, soft drinks, beers, fruits and snacks/sandwiches, furthermore internet and print machine 0/24. I am sure we could not actually consume as much as the price difference between a normal room and the executive room, but it was very convenient. Huge appreciation: after we checked out at noon, the desk clerk extended our access to the lounge until late afternoon.
Summary
Pros: location, design, cleanliness, staff, comfy bed, pillow choice, large variety of breakfast buffet, sauna
Cons: breakfast is little overpriced, there are appr. 20 stairs from the entrance to the reception area and you have to climb up with your luggage (there is an elevator for disabled people but was out of order during our stay)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Anita7702
River Vale, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This is a new hotel to Berlin and it needs to learn a few lessons quickly. First, the hotel is pretty. European chic. Modern looking, a little stark, not cozy. It is very clean though. All of the staff is pleasant except for the bartender who had a major issue understanding English and was rude. I found this a problem considering that this hotel will be catering to an international crowd. I would assume mostly business travelers. The location of the hotel is good for seeing sites and is near the metro lines for transportation. The downsides...How does a hotel not have clocks in the rooms? This is a city hotel where business travelers will be staying. Business people need to know time. This hotel is not on a deserted beach. The bedding is awful. No top sheet. Two half comforters are on top of the bed and no matter which way you turn them only part of your body is covered. Nice trendy idea, but it does NOT work well. The dinner menu for room service is very limited. Would I stay here again, maybe it was not awful, but I would look into other hotels in the area first.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank PTV
ostrava
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I stayed here with my son for a night. The location is exceptional. Free parking in front of hotel. Free internet. Good and large room but no frills..... not even a bottle of water in the room. The bathrooms were clean and had all the soap,gels etc etc. The only problem was the front desk which took too long to check-in. Three people standing there but not efficient people.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jayashree B
Zell am See, Austria
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Located just off Ku'damm adjacent to the Concorde Hotel and Swissotel, it's really hard to beat this location. The hotel is brand new and you can easily tell by looking at the rooms. Everything seems to be nice and tidy but it doesn't strike me as luxurious. Practical yes, luxurious not really. The reason I decided to stay at this hotel was the great stay I had at H10 Marina Barcelona. This has not come close to the same standard offered in Barcelona.

Price range is just about right plus the added value of free Internet which is always expected and nice to have. A lot of people complain about WiFi prices in Berlin, I don't have that issue when staying at most hotels because of my membership status. So for those who don't hold status but want free Internet, this is a good place for that.

The building from outside isn't really all that appealing and worst of all are the entrance doors. They are not marked, not labelled, not glass or see through and have no indication of them being doors. If you didn't know that a door should be there instead of the great grey block, the door won't open and you wouldn't find your way in. I think that needs to be fixed. The bar area is nice and all but is way too open for anyone. Some privacy is normally nice to have. Just facing the hotel is one of the loudest teenager clubs in town, lots of youngsters making so much noises, drunk across the street all night long. Do NOT get a room facing the main street, ask for a room facing the backyard.

Either the staff never wanted me to stay longer at the hotel or the reservation system on their website in addition to almost every single online agencies were going haywire that day. I had booked the hotel last minute before leaving to Berlin for 2 nights, didn't know how long I was going to stay. After arriving in Berlin I realised the need for staying an extra night and consulted the front desk who assured me they are fully booked and they have been like this for the entire week (which doesn't add up because I just made the booking for those 2 nights). After I told them to check it online they found rooms available and after checking with their manager the answer was that they are fully booked period. Not a big problem for me because I can always just jump across to any of the chains I am a member of and I know I will have a room available. Surely enough, Crowne Plaza honoured me with a great room and great service after knowing of the incident. For fun, I decided to check the website for rooms and they still had rooms available, along with a bunch of other online travel agencies that I normally use for hotel bookings without glitches whatsoever.

Bottom line, is it a nice hotel? Yes. Value for money? I get better service and nicer rooms for the same and lesser prices (memberships, corporate deals we have, etc..) Would I consider it a gem? No. Will I recommend it to other people and friends? Yes if they are sure of their dates (but then again, there's no guarantee their booking will be honoured since I could've just reserved it online and still get told there are no rooms and be told to leave and find somewhere else to stay). So, No! Will I ever return there? To H10 hotels elsewhere, yes. H10 in Berlin, most likely not.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room facing the main street!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank TheChadi
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Very happy with this hotel, excellent location and excellent hotel. Large clean rooms, nice bathroom and nice lobbyarea. Breakfast was great and staff was friendly. The only things to complain about is that windows cant be opened and that the aircondition in the gym was bad. Will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank BorkeFykse
Scotland
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We stayed for 5 days last week. This hotel has only been opened recently and you can definitely tell as there is still a few loose ends and work going on in certain areas. The hotel itself is beautiful and staff are very friendly and try and do all they can to make your stay pleasant.

Our room was very nice my only complaints are that the wooden floor wasn't cleaned the whole 5 days we were there so there was a lot of dust, Room windows didn't open which was very annoying especially when it was 23 degrees outside and also we were disappointed that we didn't have any tea/coffee facilities for the amount we had paid for the room.

Breakfast is €18 pp but there is a lot of café's and places around to get breakfast and lunch so we only used this facility once. Wifi is free which is a great bonus & the spa area is ok but not quite as good as the website suggested.

The hotel has a perfect location for all the tourist attractions and is right off the Kurfürstendamm. The train station is a 5 minute walk away with the Zoo just across from that plus many more things around within easy walking distance. For that reason we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple