“Simply Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Berlin, Germany
“Simply Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I arrived late at the H10 and was upgraded to a suite. Very nice – thanks a lot guys!

Location (10/10): Just 1 minute away from the Kurfuerstendamm, one of the main shopping streets in Berlin. Next door is a Vapiano Restaurant were you can get great Italian food in a very relaxed setting. Next door is also a subway station. About 2 minutes away is a stop for the airport bus. If you walk about 5 minutes you reach Bahnhof Zoo (Zoo station) which is one of the main stations in Berlin. From there you get quickly anywhere. It is also where you can catch the express bus to the airport.

Service (10/10): Nothing particular. Fast, friendly and – well – I got an upgrade ;-)

Gym (?/10): There is a gym but I haven’t been there. I went for a run which I prefer in a city like Berlin. A good recommendation is to run to Bahnhof Zoo (Zoo station) and from there you can run around the zoo. No need to enter the zoo. A nice run without any cars.

Breakfast (?/10): No idea how that is. I had breakfast at a bakery at Kurfuerstendamm. Easy because the hotel is so central.

Coffee (10/10): I like good coffee and was very pleased to find a Nespresso machine with some capsules in the room. Free of charge, very nice. Don’t know whether every room has a Nespresso machine or just the suite.

Internet Connection (10/10): Free Wifi – what else do you want

Room (10/10): Again, since I was upgraded to a suite I have no idea how regular rooms are. The suite however was very nice, very modern, everything was high quality, there was a safe, an alarm clock radio for the iPod or iPhone, everything was clean…

I was really excited about this hotel. I can’t tell you anything I didn’t like. And I am usually pretty critical. You will see me more often there ;-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Paul B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I am a Starwood Platinum member and this is the first hotel that I think gives Starwood a run for it's money. The H10 Berlin was amazing not only in the way it was professionally run, but also for the value and style for the money. It felt no less than a W Hotel at 1/4th the cost. I spent three days here and would whole heartedly recommend it to a leisure or business traveler looking for a four star hotel in West Berlin.

Internet was free. It worked and it was fast. Staff were friendly, accommodating and gracious. The rooms are spotless and the public areas chic.

The hotel is 1 block off of Kudamm (next to the Swisshotel) putting it at ground zero in West Berlin. You can't beat the location if you want a West Berlin address.

I can see why it has won the Trip Advisor Awards. It really deserves the awards.

Room Tip: Room 613 is very large and face the inner courtyard. It is very sunny and private.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MGL324
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have mixed emotions about the H10 Ku'damm having spent the last few days there.

Firstly, the background of the booking was that I originally made it for August but couldn't go in the end and totally forgot to cancel it. The hotel were very accommodating as they allowed me to book another time to visit as they had already taken my money. They could have been difficult about this and they weren't which impressed me.

The positives of the hotel were:

Clean and modern
Good location
Nice massage
Good equipment in the gym
Privilege rooms come with access to the Privilege lounge where you can get free tea, coffee, drinks and nibbles.

The negatives were:

The bed, as previous reviewers have stated, was too hard
The pillows weren't great and even though they put a pillow menu by the bed, when we asked for something different they didn't have them (so what is the point of advertising something that you don't have??!)
The shower was a complete nightmare - great Grohe rain head shower, but when you have a shower that powerful you aren't going to keep it from going all over the bathroom floor without a door or a platform that is more raised.
I had a great massage there, but the massage room is right next to the gym and three people walked in while I was having my massage. It also means that when someone is pounding away on the treadmill it's not as relaxing and quiet as a massage should be.
The Privilege Lounge didn't serve and alcoholic drinks apart from beer.

Berlin is a great city and I will definitely be returning, but not sure whether I would stay at this hotel again. It could be great, but they have a few issues that need to be sorted out.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank naylajab
Yield_Manager_HBK, Leiterin des Personalbüros at H10 Berlin Ku'damm, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear guest,
thank you that you have took the time for us to evaluated your stay here to be. We apologize, that not everything was entirely to your satisfaction.
Our pillow menu is available to our guests for selection, but only in limited numbers. There was during your stay a very high volumes of guests, so there were no longer the required pillows.
Because we are a city / business hotel, our spa and wellness area is in line with demand. To enlarge the massage area is not possible for us, so our guests can also visit the studios like in our neighborhood that are exclusively focused on wellness.
We hope that you give us a second chance and we allowed to welcome you for a second time.
Yours sincerely,
H10 berlin ku´damm
stoke-on-trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

A modern, clean, stylish and well run hotel. The H10 Berlin is located in Ku'damm, an area with a wealth of amenities including top designer stores, clubs and old style Berliner beer salons. I would recommend the Alt Berliner Biersalon and especially the Sir Gusche Band who played there on 9th February. They are an old style jazz band that created a wonderful atmosphere; the type you would hope to find in Berlin.
I would visit Berlin and stay at the H10 again without doubt.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel in June 2011. I was moved there with out being told by TEMPO TRAVEL ( but thats another story!) . And are'nt I glad we were moved. This hotel had only been open about 8 weeks and its spectacular entry foyer indicated the standard of the rest of the facilities here. Firstly , the staff were wonderful and extremely helpful ( I had quite a few travel problems, thanks TEMPO!) The location was wonderful, close to a hop on hop off bus stop, close to the Zoo and rail station, strolling distance to the Brandenburg gate via the big central park and right in the middle of all the wonderful shops.
Our room, which was facing the back ( over looking the fire station where I could see all the guys doing their exercises in the morning) was thoughtfully designed. It had everything you could need, with the most comfortable bed and dressings. The bathroom was amazingly modern ,with its glass ( frosted) wall and the toiletries were of the highest standard.
The dining/breakfast room was bright and modern. The breaky buffet ran the whole length of the wall and was fantastic...It's hard not to disgrace yourself at something like this. We had dinner there one night also and that was lovely as well.. We would DEFINATELY stay there again..

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karen m
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed here with my boyfriend and both of us really enjoyed it. Staff at reception very friendly. It's walking distance from good shopping and underground stop. Would love to go back

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Noddy6872
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights over New Years and shared a superior suite with my partner and 2 friends. The room was a good size, had lovely large windows and was very clean. The hotel is right next to a train station, and we found it easy to reach everywhere from our location. We heard no noise at all from other rooms, and the only noise from outside was the occasional firework.

Only negatives were that the bathroom door was completely transparent (but this wasn't much of a problem with a lounge for people to sit in) and that we had to ask reception twice before we received cups and plates for our kitchen. These were only minor problems though, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends