This hostel is about a 5minute walk from the Berlin Frankfurter Allee S-Bahn and U-Bahn stations, and there are plenty of shops and places to buy food from, including a couple of supermarkets. The neighborhood seemed to be quite safe, but the hostel is situated right next to the S-Bahn tracks, so if you get a room on the wrong side (East) of the building, you may be in for some sleepless nights - even with the window closed, the trains are very loud and they are very frequent, running throughout the night too. To check-in, you need to go to the Georghof Hotel which is next door to the Georghof Hostel. You will need to ask for the WiFi password here, and you will also be asked if you would like to purchase your bedsheets for €3! The hostel only provides a bed (with duvet/pillow), you must pay extra for your bedsheet, duvet cover, pillow cover and a towel. If you have a sleepingbag with you, you can get away with just using that and not needing to purchase the bedsheets. There are toilet and shower facilities on each floor, though when we stayed there was only 1 shower in service (for the whole building - others had no doorlock or no showerhead) and a couple of toilets were also out of order (one with no door at all). We ended up having to use the shower on another floor. However, all of the washroom facilities were very clean. The room itself was very big, and there was a common room in the building on the first floor with various cooking facilities (though we didn't use them so I don't know how good they were). There is a lift in the building, so if you have heavy bags you don't have to climb loads of stairs unless you want to. Although the hostel had a few problems, the building as a whole was very well kept.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Hotel in Berlin perfect for staying overnight whether for business or pleasure on vacation or any other reason for visiting berlin and its many congresses and attractions. With 60 single and double rooms very accomodating in the attractive style of 19th century Biedemeier. Located centrally in the Gürtelstrasse 41, 10247 Berlin, next to the Frankfurter Allee train station it is a short distance to the many attraction such as the brandenburger tor, the east side gallery or the berghain for party people. With a lift, wireless lan, hotel parking, fitness lounge, as well as a very complete breakfast buffet a stay at the Georghof Hotel is always a great choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Georghof Hotel Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berlin Georghof Hotel Berlin
- Berlin Georghof And Hostel
- Tulip Inn Berlin