“Very comfortable and nice hotel close to the airport”

Mercure Airport Hotel Berlin Tegel
Ranked #286 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Warszawa
“Very comfortable and nice hotel close to the airport”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for just one night and I was very satisfied.
Rooms are very clean, comfortable and elegant, just like in the pictures. At night it was very quiet, no noise coming from the airport or from the street. In the room there was a little fridge, a TV and a desk. Bathroom was equipped with basic cosmetics.
Check-in and check-out went very smoothly, the staff at the reception desk was professional enough.
Breakfast was really great, with plenty of choice: eggs, sausages, different kinds of cereals and musli, youghurts, coffee, tea, juices and fruits. Salmon and schwartzwald ham were quite a surprise. In fact there were a few (about 4) kinds of ham and cheese. The whole restaurant looks really nice.
The greatest advantage of this hotel is a free airport shuttle. After landing at Tegel we went to the information desk and asked them to make a phone call to the hotel. After less than 5 (!) minutes the shuttle was waiting for us at the bus stop. The bus stop is located near Terminal B, in exactly the same place where bus 109 stops (the place was easy to find). In the morning the shuttle also arrived very quickly. The ride to the airport lasts max. 5 minutes. The only thing that could be improved is the information concerning the shuttle service. On the hotel's web site you can hardly find anything about it. Before our trip I wrote an email to the hotel asking about this and they answered quickly giving us all the necessary details. Apart from this the shuttle service is something very convenient and I wouldn't recommend anyone trying to reach the hotel on foot since the walking path is not easy to find and the street near the hotel is rather dark.
The last detail that I did not like was the bottle of water that we found in our room. 4,10 euros for that is just ripping people off!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Magdalena949

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We arrived Berlin from JFK at 7:30am, called the hotel for their subtle which arrived in 5 minutes. The receptionist did all possible to find us a room immediately. Rooms were fine for the night, exceeded expectation as an airport hotel.

The way to the hotel from the airport is interesting, very much a drive through the woods, different and unexpected but don't discouraged, it will be a good stay. They try hard.

The shuttle service is fantastic. We went to Berlin center to walk around and have dinner with our family there. The shuttle took us back to the airport to catch the bus and once we returned from the city to the terminal we called them and there they were to pick us up past 11pm.

They have WIFI for cost but we did not take it. Breakfast is also available for additional charge.

We can highly recommend this hotel travelers looking for an overnight or in transit.

Room Tip: Buy advance rate and if you do not have a phone to contact them, go to the Information Desk at the a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank CitizenoftheAir
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel on December at the end of my business trip in Germany. I am rarely as dissatisfied with my hotel visits as when I was here.

After reaching Tegel airport, it is close to impossible to find the hotel even if you have looked the location from a map earlier. I was really pissed off trying to look for the hotel at the airport: I did not find any clue or sign pointing to the hotel. You basically need to first find the walking path out from the fenced airport area and only after that, you can follow the signs pointing to the hotel. Secondly, when you finally find the signs, you need to walk in total darkness (assuming it is night time in winter), in a middle of the road where also cars are driving. During the night I thought I just did not know the right way, but in the morning light I ended up walking the same way. Maybe I was mistaken, but I just could not find my way out any other way.

Something positive: the restaurant is open until midnight. I was really happy with that after arriving after 11 PM. However, the value is horrible. I was the only customer at the restaurant but had to wait for over 30 minutes to get the meal. After all that waiting, the meal was frozen from the inside. I did not eat most of it, but no-one asked me why. For the frozen microwave meal, I had to pay € 30. The only communication done by the waitress was "tip is not included", "tip is not included", "tip is not included". After not tipping (surprise!), the waitress gave me a credit card receipt and told me to "please write the tip here". I needed to write zero for them to let me go.

After midnight there is nothing to eat. One guest arrived at 12:02 AM asking for "anything to eat". He was told that there is nothing to eat. They even claimed him that the breakfast buffet is behind a time lock and thus they cannot give anything from there even if he would pay for it :D

I don't know what I paid for the stay, but the hotel list price was a lot over € 100 for one night. As the hotel is really not at the airport but in a 1 km walking distance plus possible extra distance for getting lost, I would recommend taking some other hotel. E.g. Victor's Residenz Hotel Tegel is further away, but a lot cheaper and you can reach the airport by bus in the same time what you need for walking around if you stay here. Without high pricing, hidden location, lousy expensive dinner and forced tipping, I would not have so much to complain about but currently I do not feel that I can recommend this to anyone. I hope that I do not need to go here again.

Room Tip: If you just can, do not eat in the restaurant. Make sure you know the location of the hotel before g...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jaakko-82

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Reviewed 22 January 2014

While we stayed at this hotel because it was a mere 800 meters from Berlin Tegal and the price was in our budget, the rooms did seem outdated, the restaurant was a bit on the pricey side, and there's really no place you can go to eat elsewhere unless you take a taxi (and we were limited on time considering we were just staying overnight due to our layover flight). Also, the internet didn't work in our room and the staff at reception was not very accommodating. And the rooms could use a bit of an upgrade. On the plus side though, there is a free shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

a very nice hotel with a great bar and restaurant. the hotel is very close to the airport which was the original reason for booking it. they also run a shuttle service to the airport about every 15 minutes. also you page the hotel to come and pick you up when you arrive at the airport. the pick up point is at the far left end of the coach station as you exit the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank CraigsdSmith
Lubbock, Tx
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent location for early departures from Tegel. This time I got all 7 in our group booked and reserved the very nice back corner of the restaurant for an anniversary dinner for my brother/sister-in-law. Three Berlin guests joined us and with great help from the staff, the party was a big success. It made up for the frustrations of no Wi-Fi for some hours. Finally did get boarding passes.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Tromsø, Troms, Norway
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Had a one night stop over in Berlin and stayed at Mercure Tegel.

It was hard to find any information in advance on the hotel's web site about their complimentary air port shuttle, and when at the airport things wasn't easier. As far as we saw there was none information about when and from where the shuttle left, so we ended up asking at the public information desk at the airport. They helped us calling the hotel and order the airport shuttle. After about 15 minutes we finally got on board of the hotel's mini van. Minus for lack of information!

The rooms are spacious enough, and the bathroom has a bath tub.

Beds were comfortable and no noise from the airport.

Had a evening dinner at the hotel restaurant. A bit pricey, and the courses didn't contain of much food. But nice service.

The complimentary breakfast was good.

Check in/check out was efficient and quickly.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple