Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre
Ranked #206 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
France
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stay in Holiday Inns all over the world and this hotel was fantastic value for money. We arrived at the airport late so decided to stay at an airport hotel rather than heading into Berlin as we hadn't been there before. The hotel provides a free shuttle to/from the airport. I called them when we got to the bus stop and the shuttle was there in under 5 minutes (Heathrow and Gatwick could learn a lot!). The hotel is just a few minutes away from the airport and very modern and clean with air conditioning and good beds.
The train to the centre of Berlin doesn't take very long so I don't imagine I would stay at the airport if I'd arrived earlier in the day but if you find you have to stay nearby, this is a good choice and we only paid Euro64/night (room only) in July.

1 Thank ashlessinseattle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stopped over one night on our way to Greece. We are priority members , however the staff went way beyond the expected. We have stayed here before and thought it was wonderful but this time took the cake! We were greeted on arrival with a complimentary drink from the bar, then given two bowels of fresh fruit and bottled water in our room as well as an all round train ticket good for two days which we used to go into the city of Berlin to our favorite German restaurant. The room was spacious and comfy and we totally loved the robes. We will definitely stay here again and again and again....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We had 22 hours in Berlin and stayed here overnight. Fantastic free shuttle bus between the Airport, Hotel and Train Station every 15 mins until 11pm

Dumped our bags and headed into Berlin (25 mins or so) direct to Frederickstrasse (spelling?) and went to see the sights Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate had dinner and train back. Fantastic

Room was clean, big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids and we had a fantastic breakfast in the morning

Room Tip: Make sure the AirCon works as our room was like a sauna
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

The hotel has a very nice design and is quite clean (however not enough for allergics). Stuff working at the reception desk was really kind and helpful.

The hotel bus service runned 24h/day and was on time when I had to go to the airport at 4 am. Unfortunatelly, the distance to the city centre was very long so I couldn't visit it in the afternoon. But I booked that hotel only because of the flight from Schoenefeld so I didn't mind it.

There were two things that put me off:
1) Internet connection isn't for free
2) Food at the hotel restaurant was moulded!!! When I reported it to the waiter who finally appeared, he started behaving very rude. He kept trying convincing me that there is no mould on the cake and said with anger "If you don't want to pay for the cake you don't have to!!!"
He stopped when I informed him that I'm a microbiology student so I can distinguish mould from bakery. When he was leaving the hall he spluttered very loudly. No one apologized me.
I expected a better service at Holiday Inn.

Preston, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights as we were flying out of Berlin early on Sunday after a train tour around Germany. It was much further out than I expected, so we spent a good deal of time backwards and forwards on the train. You are reliant on the shuttle bus, which worked well most of the time, but when we got back on Saturday we waited 40 minutes, and we had to leave 6 people waiting as the minibus was full. I found the reception staff very snooty and not welcoming, and it is a hotel which will rip you off for everything, water, wi-fi and breakfast (19 Euros each). There is no where else nearby so you pays your money or wait an hour to get into the centre. Rooms were good quality, but there is a design fault - a window in the bathroom which means a spotlight shines in your eyes if your partner goes to the bathroom in the night!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

I stayed at the Airport Holiday Inn because I had a 6 am flight the next day and wanted the convenience of the shuttle (I recently injured my shoulder and knee).

I waited for over one hour for the shuttle, finally was told to walk to the train statiion for the pick up, only to see, once I got to the station, the shuttle drive by to the airport. When the shuttle picked me up, he had my haul my luggage into the van and down the narrow aisle where others were seated. Then I had to move it again when he let off the other passengers at a nearby plant. After nearly two hours, I arrived...no real apology, but a mumbled "that's too bad, we are sorry" and a drink ticket. At that point, nothing could make up for the hassle and the pain from my injuries, let alone being wet and cold, but a sincere apology from the manager was in order.

The shuttle in the morning was seamless. The driver loaded my luggage in the back and left on time ( 4 am). The hotel itself is really nicely designed. Rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. The carpet in the hallways is quite worn and stained, not up to the level of the rest of the hotel. There was a very odd loud noise about every half hour...sounded like someone moving furniture across linoleum; it woke me up throughout the night. And the restaurant and bar were VERY pricey. I travel a lot, and I've rarely seen prices like that even at 5 star hotels. Oh, and a minor note, really poor toliet paper...like cheap paper towels...Holiday Inn can definitley do better.

I would not stay here again, but, if you do, the shuttle supposedly picks up in front of the Easy Jet Terminal. In Terminal A, there is a phone on which you can call the hotel (one of those airport hotel displays). I would definitely call.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LB6Travel
msenne, Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Dear Lee626,
I am sorry to heat that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We try to offer a 24h shuttle service for everyone, which we know our guests appreciate, and it is unfortunate when something goes wrong. This is why your feedback is important to us - it helps us improve and offer better service in the future. Your comment about the prices in our restaurant and bar is duly noted. However, I will point out that the prices are below what you would expect to find in a 4 star hotel in Berlin.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.
Kind regards,
Martin Senne
Marketing Communications Manager
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed for a weekend in this hotel, worst idea ever! We chose it mainly because it was near the airport and we arrived there on a Friday night and they had a free shuttle bus service between the airport, the train station and the hotel. The first night everything was as expected but on Saturday, we asked at the reception desk if there would be shuttle service until late night (they told us it was a 24h service) and the bus worked every 20 minutes, great!
That night, at 22.00h we were at the station, and, after 30 minutes waiting we had to call to the hotel and ask to be picked up, they told us then than that night there was no bus service (they could have told us that morning!). They advice to hire a taxi and they told us they would pay the fare, as it was their fault. We were happy enough with the answer but, every single taxi we asked, wouldn't take us to the hotel, as they said that was "too little money" (the hotel is only about 2kms from the airport/train station).
We called the hotel again to ask for help, as they had seem quite aware that the whole problem was their fault but this time they were not that helpful! We were told that the taxi drivers did not take us seriously because we couldn't speak German (?!¿) and that, according to the German law, a taxi driver cannot refuse passengers on these grounds... Thus, we were stuck at the airport, is was really late at night, we had walked all day but... hopefully we had our GPS with us and we managed to find our way to the hotel walking. But it is not that near when you have already walked the city all day, you have to walk the deserted dark streets of the area and you feel you've been treated like crap!
We finally arrived at the hotel at 00:20, which ruined our night and also the next morning. We were quite angry and wanted to file a written complain but they wouldn't let us write any! They told us the manager would speak to us the next morning and that he started working at 10.00 AM. We waited till then, losing our precious time, as we still had a lot to see in Berlin, but, what a surprise, the manager wasn't coming to work until 11.00 (or at least, that was what we were told). Then we just decided we would file the complain and leave, but, as much as we tried, the assistant manager (who obviously, was not informed of our problem by the night staff) didn't let us do so either! We couldn't even write a proper complaint! We think the whole staff were really unprofessional for a 4-star hotel.
And, by the way, we were told we would be contacted on the next day by the manager… as you can imagine, we're still waiting for his call! Just don't stay there!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank sandrastica
Dear sandrastica,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience during your stay with us. There is no excuse for what happened to you and rest assured that we will do our utmost to make sure that something like this does not happen again. I would be glad to hear from you to futher discuss this issue.
Again, please accept my sincere appologies.
Kind regards,
Martin Senne
Marketing Communications Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
InterCityHotel Berlin-Brandenburg Airport
#2 of 7 in Schonefeld
Albergo Hotel Berlin
Albergo Hotel Berlin
#420 of 633 in Berlin

Been to Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre? Share your experiences!