“Basic Clean Hotel”

Ranked #291 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Basic Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This hotel was a standard clean hotel with no frills. Great for a short stay for business use. The only problem was the rooms were very hot and the Air Con does not really work. Clean and breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
bristol uk
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Stayed at the Templehof for 7 nights with 10 working crew, rooms good, bathroom clean and useable, comfy beds with good breakfast included in the price , Berlin was very hot , up to 96 degrees and the nights were humid and sticky , air con in only a few rooms , i asked at reception for a fan an was informed that we only have 10 and they are all out at the moment , come on Templehof i`ve just spent £7k on rooms and breakfast and the service level drops through the floor ,, go buy some more fans for gods sake!, its a fine little hotel but things like this drive you mad! , a whole week with little sleep sort of makes you cranky!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
BROOKLYN
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I have stayed here twice and been very pleased both times. Alt Tempelhof is spotlessly clean and comfortable. It is not luxury but has all amenities that you would want, is safe and secure and conveniently located near public transportation that quickly takes you to all sights. There is an optional breakfast buffet but also a diversity of very nice places to eat all meals within a few blocks of the hotel.
I would happily stay here again, it is excellent value and a reliably comfortable and secure place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Copenhagen
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Considering the price this must be the best hotel that I ever have stayed on in Europe.
The room was clean and of a high standard, with AC, TV, safedepositbox and mini bar. There is a big public outdoor parking lot beside the hotel, where you can park for free, the hotel also have an underground parking lot, this one you have to pay for. We parked outside, without any problems.
The Hotel is situated just opposite from “Alt Tempelhof” U-Bahn station, this means that you can be in the city center within 15 min.
This is really a great hotel, with great rooms, friendly staff and a great location only 10-15 minutes away from the hectic city center.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Woehlk79
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2008

This hotel comes recommended as clean and comfortable with helpful and friendly staff. It is in a quiet suburb of Berlin but is easily reached by U Bahn and is still fairly central to most things. There are lots of small local shops nearby including a little cafe (great for a cheap breakfast latte!) across the road although I believe the hotel did also offer breakfast for an additional fee. We have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It provided everything you would want for a hotel of this star rating and more.

• Liked — friendly, clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — views
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank SandLCook
Bangkok
Reviewed 27 September 2007

It is a nice and clean little hotel. Good breakfast. Pretty nice staff and good location that easy access to subway station.

But,.. their internet didn't work for us at all. There was a wireless internet provided but we (both of us had a laptop which can connect with wireless anywhere else) couldn't fully connect here.
There was some protection which would not allow our laptop to connect. So, we ended up not able to check email or use internet.

Well, if you don't mind having no internet connection, this hotel should be fine with you. For us, we prefer the one that have a well function internet because we were on a business trip.

• Liked — big room
  • Disliked — no internet connection as said
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2007

My family sent me a fed-x package of personal items that I needed. They arrived the last day I was staying at the Hotel Berlin. However ,when the package arrived, one of the front desk personnel refused the package and it was sent back to the fed-x office. My name was clearly printed on the label of the package. All the front desk needed to do was check the hotel guest list. In stead she lied to me when I inquired about the package and told me nothing had arrived. I had very little time to retrieve it and had to take a train to the fed-x office. The train required more money than I realized so I had to give them my passport number and info. This caused more of a delay and consequently I had no more time to get to the fed-x before my other train left for the next destination. This caused a chain reaction of events and stress on me that were not necessary. I never was able to retrieve my package and my family was out the expense of sending it to me. I have never forgotten this major inconvenience to me and my family and would like for this hotel to go on record for their unprofessionalism. I still do not know why an employee would do this to a guest. They had no concern of the expense and trouble it caused me and my family. I would not recommend the Hotel Berlin to anyone!

• Disliked — The lack of professionalism and help at the front desk.
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with friends