Wyndham Berlin Excelsior
US$147
US$118
  • Pool
2,371 results
All reviewszoo stationzoologischer gartenfree wifismoking roomnice baru bahn and s bahnexcellent locationdouble bedchristmas marketper daymini barfew minutes walktegel airportbreakfast was excellentcity breakpublic transportsupermarket
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel and amenities are fine but the personnel are NOT AT ALL helpful or friendly. Our room phone did not work, we were not told and our friend who came to the hotel to meet us was told we were not in room because the phone was not answered and he did not get to meet us. When we complained there was apologies and 2 pina coladas on the house. No other explanations,nor fixing the phone. When we asked the concierge to call us a taxi, he pointed vaguely in one direction and said, '

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Excelsior_Hotel_01, Manager at Wyndham Berlin Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2015

Dear guest, thank you very much for your feedback. We were very disappointed to learn that you experienced some issues during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the misunderstanding regarding the phone in your room. This has since been fixed. We were also shocked to learn how you were treated by our staff, which is not the level of standards we aim to achieve. On the contrary, we wish all our guests to feel welcome and well cared for.
Unfortunately, we cannot turn back the clock but would be so pleased to welcome you back once again to show you how much better we can do. All the best, Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here because he was attending a conference nearby and were advised this hotel was good for the price. Needless to say we will never be back here. Yes the rooms are small but it's Europe. The bathroom are outdated and smelled, just like the others comments. Buffet breakfast don't bother, and 30 mins of free wifi was ridiculous. The worse part was the a/c in our floor wasn't working. No way to fix it beause we checked in after 6pm and maintenance was gone for the day. No other rooms available. The front desk gave us a small fan. Yes a fan! Ummm how about give us what we are paying for. Worse part, the staff knock and walk-in your room all day and ignore the 'do not disturb' sign. Caution: stay dressed at all times throughout the day in the room if possible. The minibar guy, a lady that comes in to count the lamps and housekeeping walk-in. There isn't a way to lock them out. So ya, imagine the awkward situation and lack of relaxation if you're trying to sleep in. I wouldn't even stay here again even if it was free.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tulipdoll

Dear guest, thank you very much for your feedback. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the disturbances in your room. We try hard to avoid this and we are very sorry that we interrupted you during your stay. Unfortunately, we had some difficulties with our air condition in the unusually warm weather in June and do apologize for the inconvenience.
You will be pleased to hear that we have taken our guests' feedback on board and now offer free and unlimited WiFi for the duration of our guests' stay. We cannot turn the clock back, unfortunately, but hope you will give us another chance to show you how much better we can do.
Best wishes, Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great location for business or leisure, only a 5 minute walk from Bahnhof Zoo. Sadly that's the only good thing I have to say about this place.

Firstly, don't let the lobby fool you, the 2 rooms in which I stayed have not been refurbished for a good 25 years and it really shows. The air-con in my room didn't;t work and I had the misfortune to be in Berlin during a heatwave (~30 degrees). To make matters worse, there was a serious problem with the plumbing. I had a blocked bathtub and a fetid drain which left the entire room reeking of urine. As the hotel was almost full, the only option offered to me was to move to a smoking room. Not only did this room stink of smoke (as expected) but it was also at the front of the hotel where it was extremely noisy. I abandoned to idea of moving rooms, deciding that heat and urine was marginally better than noise and smoke.

Throughout this, the staff could not have been worse. From the moment I arrived through the drama of the plumbing problem right until the moment I checked out, nobody seemed the least bit aware of the notion of customer care. On several occasions there was a queue at the desk while two or three members of staff stood and chatted. When you did get service, it was barely courteous and far from friendly. Of the various staff I met, only one lady came across as having the most basic understanding of hospitality.

All things considered, the ideal location withstanding, this was a pretty poor experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor at all costs!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest, thank you for rating your stay with us. First of all, we would like to extend our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. The heat wave at the time was a challenge for us, and we wish we could have avoided the resulting issues. In such cases, we rely on our team to make our guests feel as welcome and cared for as always and we were shocked to hear you had such an experience with our staff. For this we would like to extend our apologies as it is by no means the level of service we aim to achieve.
Regretfully, we cannot turn back the clock, but would welcome any opportunity to show you how much better we can do. All the best, Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel within walking distance of the Kurfurstendam and Zoo Station means that you have all Berlin at your doorstep.
The room we had was small but adequate and comfortable.
Staff were pleasant and helpful.
The breakfast was good and the buffet offered a varied choice.
This hotel is popular and so it is best to plan your time for breakfast to avoid crowds.
The location also assures a good choice of restaurants and shops within walking distance.

Room Tip: The design of the hotel throws up some odd shaped rooms. Maybe you should check that your room is a proper rectangle or square with a full sized window.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind words. We are so pleased that everything about our hotel made your stay worthwhile and that you had a great time in Berlin. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. All the best, Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Horrible!!! I went for two nights, the rooms are acceptable but quite small. We only had wifi for 30 minutes every 24 hours and it went really slow.
My surprise was that they charged you 50 euros per night (which they didnt tell me once I was there) and they give it back in a few days and at latest 2 weeks. Well...it has passed more than 3 weeks and I still havent received my money back.
I have called several times the hotel and they always passed me with someone who has nothing to do with it.
I am really really dissapointed with this hotel.I dont recommend it to anyone....very annoying

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple