“Good Hotel”

Wyndham Berlin Excelsior
Ranked #324 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have just got back from this hotel and would recommend it to all travelers.Rooms a bit small but comfortable beds, very clean, good facilites. 5 minutes walk to station 10 minutes to Kurfurstendam Straza 10 minutes to Zoo and Tier Garden. Good restaraunt next door to the left as you come out of hotel..Didn,t use hotel resaraunt so can't comment on that. Staff very help full would certainly go there again.

Room Tip: Don't look at hotel website they only show excutive rooms on top floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Excelsior_Hotel_01, Manager at Wyndham Berlin Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Berlin. Looking forward to your next visit.

Sincerely yours,
Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was overpriced for the level of service provided. The staff were disinterested and outright rude. We had specifically pre-booked a twin and were give a Queen. When I explained we were in no position to share a bed - the response was "you will have to deal with it for one night at least". Outrageous! Then we reported a faulty shower exhaust, 3 times, which they failed to even send someone to look at. And then there's the €50 the still owe us as a pre-authorisation that was never used nor returned, even though we rang and they promised it would be. We will not go back and we advise you to look elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Excelsior_Hotel_01, Manager at Wyndham Berlin Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We were shocked to hear you had such an experience at the front desk and for this we would like to extend our apologies. This is not the usual level or standards that we aim to achieve and should not have happened. Please be assured that the relevant department has been made aware of the issues you experienced.
Regarding your credit card authorization we would like to explain that for technical reasons, this refund on the part of your credit card institute takes 3 - 10 days.
If you still have not received your deposit, please do contact us again. Kind regards, Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here in June and the location couldn't be better. 17 Euro for a cab from Tegal airport to hotel. Great shopping right near by and good transport options at the door. The rooms are functional although the air con wasn't coping with the warmer weather. On day 2 the lady who checks the mini bar came to my room and found that a bottle of apple juice and water were missing from the bar. In years of travelling I have NEVER used the mini bar because it's always an expensive treat I don't need. Anyway, the woman who came to my room was a lovely lady named MRS ATAY. After much discussion we worked out the mini bar must not have been replenished from a previous guest. I urge you to do an audit the moment you arrive!! Mrs Atay was just the best person I dealt with and her customer focus was authentic / friendly and warm. I hope she gets to read this and can see how much the interaction was appreciated. On check out they tried to also charge me for internet and again I assure you I did not use their internet as I bought a local SIM card for my iPhone. The check out girl was getting a bit insistant that I had used the internet to the value of something ridiculous like 49 euro. Again, I didn't !!! Finally a manager stepped in and the charge was gone. These two issues kind of left a sour taste but I generally enjoyed the stay. I would stay here again. I would recommend the hotel. I would urge you to be cautious though of similar issues occurring.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest, thank you very much for writing about your stay here. We were delighted to learn that you were able to take advantage of our central location. Please do accept our sincere apologies for the misunderstandings. Our staff is instructed to replenish the mini-bar before new guests arrive. It is clearly a mistake on our side that this did not happen in your case and we regret the technical error that caused the Internet fee. We are glad to hear that the issues were dealt with to your satisfaction. Best wishes, Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed for one week in June 2014.
The room with window to the courtyard is very fine.
Breakfasts excellent.
Room cleanliness OK, bathroom and common areas acceptable.
Internet available for 10 € / 2 h or 12,50 € / day.
(Free use for 30 min/day, but limited speed approx. 9 kB/s is unusable.)
The safe on the room without extra charge.
Free tea, coffee, kettle available.
Staff friendly, quick and professional check-in and check-out.
Sleeping OK, only loud guests returning later are annoying, the gap between the doors and the floor transmits the noise.

Room Tip: Window to the courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin_Vicar
Excelsior_Hotel_01, Manager at Wyndham Berlin Excelsior, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2015

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind feedback. We appreciate that you felt comfortable during your stay and had a good start into your day with our breakfast buffet. We do apologize for the Internet connection at the time. We have since improved our services and now offer free and unlimited WiFi to all our guests. With this in mind we would be delighted to welcome you once more! Best wishes, Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed in that hotel for 3 nights with my wife this summer. Good thing first the hotel is in a very good location all the public transport are very nearby,Bad things- rooms are very congested, customer service is highly poor, I haven’t seen this kind of poor customer service in a long time. During arrival the lady in the reception asked my credit card details for security or grantee so I gave it to her. Nobody told me I will get charged. When I check out I paid all my bills by cash.

When I came back home I see in my bank transection that they charged me 200 euro from my credit card as well, so it looks like they charged me twice. I called them 4 times regarding this issue within last 10 days, I spoke to their accountant she transferred my call to the front desk again, from the front desk they assured me that I will get my money back within 48 hours but unfortunately I haven’t got it back yet.So b careful if u go 2 this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raqib150

Dear guest, thank you very much for submitting you feedback. The €200 you write of are authorization for your credit card, which we ask of all our guests who wish to pay at the end of their stay. This is common practice in the hotel business. After check-out, this sum is refunded in total if the bill is paid in cash. For technical reasons, this refund on the part of your credit card institute takes 3 - 10 days. If you still have not received your deposit, please contact us again. Kind regards, Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is around 7 min walk from the center of Kudam and close to the Banhoff Zoo,Aquarium and Train/Bus station which is awesome, we have been walking allover and its really in a good place in good central location

Now to the less fun parts:

* Rooms are very small.
* Internet is super expensive.
* Parking for car per night is not included and again very expensive.
* Breakfast is super basic nothing to talk about really. boring and VERY VERY poor.

Because our room was SO small, We upgraded our room for another 20 euros / Night because the smallest room was just a joke, you cant even put your 2 suitcases in one place and open them, its THAT small.... , so after upgrading we finally moved to a good/specious room, but again after each shower the whole floor was flooded with water, we called the tech around 5 times in our 5 days of stay yet it never helped, since he always fixed the wrong issue no matter how hard i tried to explain he is fixing the wrong thing.

After complaining at the desk they were pretty cool & professional though, and did not charge for the room upgrade.... so thumbs up for that, they were really fair on that part, and on top of that they gave us a late check out which really helped because we had a late flight.

overall, an OK experience nothing more then this really.

Kudos to the staff for caring!

Room Tip: If you do care about your space, upgrade your room to the executive one right away.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SimonKzzz

Dear guest, thank you very much for your objective and detailed feedback.
We were very sorry to hear that there were some elements you were not happy with during your stay, but are glad that your main issues were solved to your satisfaction.
Please accept our apologies for the Internet connection at the time. We have since taken steps and now all our guests enjoy free and unlimited WiFi during their stay and have also added a number of options to our breakfast buffet, which you might enjoy on your next visit. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the future. Best wishes, Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were informed, on arrival, that the hotel was overbooked - even though we'd reserved our room months earlier. They told us we'd have to travel (at our own expense) to another hotel ten minutes taxi ride away. We had been up for 8 hours, since 4am that morning, so there was no way we were going to be moved on. We asked to see the Manager and it was eventually sorted - somehow they managed to find a room - even though the uptight receptionist had told us the hotel was totally full and there was no way they could assist us! They charge for Wi-Fi, (seriously!) after the first half hour of use, but you're lucky if you can get on it anyway as it constantly crashes. They also levy a charge just for watching the TV, at 22EUR per day - unbelievable! Have never been to a hotel that charges you for the privilege of watching television. The room was contemporary and clean with a comfy bed, but overall I'd give this place a miss.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends