“Liked it very much-good value for money!”

ECONTEL HOTEL Berlin Charlottenburg
Ranked #271 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 4 January 2011

i really liked the hotel, its not in the center but very close to the metro and we had living close by so we didnt mind. The room was spacious, clean, the price was really good and the food was reasonably priced. We tried the breakfast is not really great but you can choose not to take it so we would go to the supermarket next door and buy a cappuccino and a cake. Lovely stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2010

We spend a couple of days in this hotel during the summer of 2010 to visit Berlin. The hotel is located in a quiet, friendly area and it is very close to the subway station Mierendorffplatz. From there, you can easily explore the Western part of the city, or take the subway to Charlottenburg where you can take the S-Bahn to other important parts of Berlin.The staff and service was very friendly, they even offered us a bussiness room allthough we only paid for a regular tourist room.
The breakfast was outstanding, like most of the times in German hotels. The rooms were ok and clean, but a bit on the small side. There was hardly enough space to put the suitcase on the floor and the shower was pretty cramped too.
The biggest issue with this hotel is the lack of airconditioning; this can become problematic during the hot summer months. Luckily, our window was on the backside of the hotel, so we could open it during the night and we didnt hear any traffic at all.
Overall, a good experience!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jb-tb
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Last summer I went on a trip with a program at my University (I am a college student), and we stayed here our first two nights. It was not my first time in the European countries so I was accustomed to how lodging is different than in American hotels. While some, shall we say less-traveled people found the rooms a bit on the small side, I thought that by European standards, the rooms were fairly spacious and comfortable. Being a part of a tour group meant that we were not in the hotel very much, nonetheless it was comfortable enough for me to get sleep after 36 hours of being awake (I don't sleep on planes!)

The only real complaint I had was the street traffic noise. As this was not in a completely busy neighborhood, I wasn't expecting the noise to be that loud. However, when you were as tired as we were by the end of the day, it didn't bother you THAT much. Other than that this hotel was very good! I felt that the staff was very helpful and most of them spoke English very well. The breakfast was spectacular and much more than other European breakfasts I have had! I also enjoyed the convenience of the hotel. It was only a block or two from the Mierendorfplatz metro station and was very close to the "busy" area of Berlin! Also it was convenient to have a ReWe right next to the hotel in case any water or snacks were needed. Overall a wonderful stay though!!

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank BioPsyc1118
Reviewed 15 March 2010

What do you want from a hotel when on a city trip? A good bed, good breakfast and easy travel options into the city centre!

Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katch73
Reviewed 8 September 2009

The staff was hot and cold. One girl was extremely friendly and helpful -- I'm glad I spoke to her when I asked about recommendations! The other front desk people were not so friendly and didn't seem to really understand English, but pretended to anyway -- which caused a lot of confusion!
The room was clean enough.
I was glad I read the reviews on TripAdvisor, because I almost demanded a large bed, but when I was told it meant an additional charge, I settled for what I had. (Booking online can be confusing -- the regular room has 2 single beds, they claim one of these is a sofa bed, but really it's the same single size bed. Great for travel with friends.
Good value considering its location in Berlin. It was a 10 min bus ride to the Zoo Hbf, which is one of the busiest hbf in Germany.
There was free wifi!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank JennSingapore
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Clean, bright, rooms; friendly and helpful staff; an 8-minute ride on the X9 bus from the airport, and an unusually good, if slightly pricey, breakfast buffet. Supermarket next door. Quiet neighborhood a short walk from the local castle, and a longish but interesting walk to the zoo. Free, fast internet was much appreciated!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Friendly staff, fair price and excellent breakfast buffet. Rooms were clean, the price was a bit more than advertised in guide book, but the Berlin Marathon was being held and all the hotels in Berlin were out to make a buck.

• Stayed: September 2008