Berlin Plaza Hotel
US$91
US$127
US$108
  • Room Service
All reviewssmall elevatorsingle roomtegel airportfree wifis bahngerman hotelsconvenient hotelbudget hotelshort walkexcellent locationpublic transportbreakfast buffetchristmas marketcity breakknesebeckstrassebusessupermarket
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I decided to go with a ‘Very Good’ rating for this hotel, but only just.

The good part - The hotel is located in Kurfuerstendamm, while it is not quite in the hub of Kurfuerstendamm, it is relatively close by and has good connectivity with the U and S Bahn. The rooms are quite small and was just enough to accommodate the double bed placed in it. The breakfast spread is wholesome and the service at the front desk is also pretty good.

Now the bad part - Berlin is freezing at this time of the year and even more so for people like us coming from tropical countries(India). To my absolute horror, we had no HOT water supply in our room on the first morning. I immediately called the front office and they told me that this was due to the high occupancy in the hotel and there was nothing wrong with the heating system. Well I thought I’d live with it for a day but the exact same thing happened for the next day too and I told them that this was unacceptable. If they had such infrastructural issues, they should let their customers know before they booked the hotel. They stopped short of apologizing but assured me that they would either try to fix the issue or allot me another room.

I was there for 5 days and didn’t get hot water for one single day. Since, I was in Berlin on Business I didn’t have the time or inclination to waste time and wait for the issue to be sorted out. However, to make up for all the trouble I was put through, they did offer me a late check out on the last day. Overall I was happy (not overjoyed) at my stay at Plaza Berlin and would certainly like to try other hotels on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a room whose hot water supply will remain unaffected irrespective of occupancy :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank thomaser
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great Hotel,position is perfect,fine rooms,great service,superb breakfast and check out its restaurant.Staff are really helpful,very good English spoken. Close to the U bahn and easy connections to all sites.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank silavent
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Our first time in Berlin was almost a month ago, we booked 2 double rooms for 4 people.
When we arrived we gound small yet comfortable rooms with great showers and free WiFi all around the hotel. The breakfast buffet was great, with lots of choices.
Location is fantastic, only 4 minutes on foot to the Uhlandstr. U-bahn staion, and 10 minutes by train to Alexanderplatz.
All in all - we enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank didsbox
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed here for four nights , very conveniently located, rooms typical of a city hotel (slightly small), but had everything you needed. Breakfast excellent, hotel staff very friendly and helpful, resturant and bar staff exceptionly hospitible. Would definately recommend this hotel adn will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank daveandcags
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Very Will situated near public transport. Bert small room with an even smaller bathroom.
Breakfast is ok.