“Disappointing”
Review of Berlin Plaza Hotel

Berlin Plaza Hotel
Ranked #290 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was my third time and my last. Shabby rooms, non-existent service at breakfast, arrogant and unobliging staff in the restaurant. Did I complain? Not to a manager, unshaven and in jeans and casual shirt.

Room Tip: Look for a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SNeill2014

Reviewed 9 May 2014

It's not the best hotel and not the worst either, but the cost and location with what surrounds it might be enough for you to overlook such things like a poor wifi connection that doest allow more than one person to use it without it dropping. There was also a stale cigarette smell emitting from our floor which may not please a lot of people and the tv could have been more generous with its options and positioned in a more sensible position within the room too. On the other hand, staff were ok, the room decor is decent and the bathroom is alright. Whats best about this hotel is its location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 2 May 2014

On arrival we were met by a very courteous reception. The room was very clean, The restaurant welcoming and the food very good and reasonably priced. As a hotel guest you get a 10% discount on food and drink.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear were quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank peterwade
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A pleasant, adequate hotel. Rooms very good, clean and comfortable. An excellent breakfast. A very helpful reception staff, especially concerning travel hints. The restaurant is small so you need to book dinner. It would have been nice to have a larger lounge area however. The hotel is positioned in a quieter side street and there are lots of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I only had a single room, it was excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PamNewall
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Ideally located for a newcomer to Berlin. The staff were very courteous and the Chef was a champion. Directions to places were given with courtesy and professionalism by all Front office staff, without exception. The breakfast was very good with good service. The Happy our during the ITB trade fair period was a plus. All in all a very nice hotel. Thanks to all at the Berlin Plaza.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Manager_Grandhotel
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I checked this hotel out in March 2013 when we were staying at a another hotel a few streets away. This place was recommended to me by another friend of mine .The Front Office manager at that time did not hesitate to show us around and invited us to their happy hour. There were 06 of us and we decided that we move in from 2014. So that was the beginning of a new friendship .

I gave my friends the contact details and we had almost 08-10 rooms booked as we were all attending the ITB fair from 05-09 March. Daniel Schleider was so prompt in responding to our mails and upon check in, the receptionists wasted no time in explaining the facilities of the hotel
The bed room was slightly small but no complaints absolutely . The breakfast was very good, staff there was very courteous and fast . To my pleasant surprise I found a srilankan lady working there. I felt being in my home country seeing her. They even had a lunch pack for for all delegates attending the fair and the happy hour with canapes, beer and wine was very welcome after a hectic day at ITB for my friends, since I am a teetotaler. The other plus point is that the hotel is just a couple of meters off Kudamm street . the best place to be in , the shopping area with all the brand names .
The receptionists came out to see us off to the airport which is a first in my 17 years of travel .
IN fact I have already recommended the place to our few more of my industry colleagues and they have confirmed that they too will stay there next year. That would be around 12-14 rooms in total for nest year .

My best wishes to you all and see you in 2015 !

Ayubowan from SriLanka

Bazeer Uvais
General Manager Contracts & Marketing
Tangerine group of Hotels

Room Tip: Try out the Bar .Nice place to chill out
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bazeer
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The pros of this hotel is that it is nicely situated close to Ku'damm with all its attractions. Even though its location is central it is not noisy. Many of the guests seems to be bus trip seniors, staying one night before continuing towards the Garda see. I connection to the hotel a small, typically german, resturant is situated. They offer little food quite expensive.

There are several cons of this hotel. The rooms are not very nice. Not shubby, but nothing extra. We spent three nights in July, and it was very hot in Berlin at the time. So it was in the hotel rooms. Incredible hot, no air condition. Be aware of this if you are going in the summer months. Breakfast - ok, nothing extra. Breakfast was not included in the hotel price, and costed about 10€ pp. Finally, the hotel offers a garage at the hotel area, which is nice, although expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple