Patrick Hellmann Schlosshotel
  • Pool
US$97
US$91
  • Room Service
All reviewsgq bargrand deluxe roombeautiful hotelcigar barmain buildingwelcome drinkquiet locationhotel experiencewonderful stayone night stayspa facilitieschoose this hotelmini barpublic transportations bahngrunewaldjews
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I was here for one night on business in Berlin, the staff was very helpful and service minded. The room was great, overall it's actually the best hotel experience I've had. I would love to return to this hotel during Christmas time as I think it would be a very great retreat. I don't even know why I was so satisfied with this hotel, but all the small things just added up to making it a great experience. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here as much as I did.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank SirH00D
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This was our second trip to Berlin and our first stop on a busy multi destination tour of Europe and Russia. We wanted to stay in a small hotel that was a bit removed from the Mitte and where we could breathe fresh air. This hotel was the perfect spot. Handsome architecture, interesting decor, comfortable beds, very clean bathrooms, nice big indoor pool that opens on one side to the garden, delicious breakfast and incredibly professional and friendly staff. Also items in the mini bar are free and your first drink in the bar at night is complimentary.

Grunewald train station was the station in Berlin where the Jews were packed off to the camps in Poland. You should take the 10 minute walk from the hotel to this sober and intimate memorial. it also is the train station to take you into the city.

I see other guests complained about smoking but this is Europe what do you expect? Plus the hotel has a humidor the size of a closet stocked with cigars. Who can blame a guest for being tempted?

Only negativse? Small windowless gym but they have jogging path maps for the neighborhood/ park and a lovely pool and sauna/ locker room area. Plus bedrooms needed more lighting.

We will return! A palatial home away from our modest home!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank extinctdu
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Not cheap but very special. Not so great is the fact that rich people come here and want every possible thing that they can get. Smoking in the bar is alowed wich i found not so great. SMoke got into the lobby where i was sitting. Also during breakfast guest smoked at the breakfast terrace table. I really hate this. WLAN internet username had to be specially renewed every day? What ever for? In this priceclass free WLAN without hassle during my entire stay please!
I had a tablet and smartphone and was very annoyed with the way guests have to log in and no multi-use. So if you are having more than one device you will need a lot of paper. Change this please.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Snabbeltax
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My wife and I decided that on our last night in Berlin at the end of our 2012 tour, rather than stay at the same Grand Hotel as we did at the start, we would stay in something different...something quaint. So we stayed at the Schlosshotel Im Grunewald and we were delighted by the sheer opulence of this early 20th Century grand manor. Our room was lovely with views of the garden. The real attraction was the stately reception and dining rooms that give one a snapshot of the lifestyles of the Barons and Baronesses of Germany. Simply sensational!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VicNicholas
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The Schlosshotel was primarily chosen because of the location, i.e. not too far from all the sightseeing landmarks and shopping but also allowing for some relaxation in comfort. The Schlosshotel met all expectations. I stayed for five nights and enjoyed the stay. Special highlights were the outdoor settings (used for breakfast and throughout the day as desired), the beautiful and well maintained rooms and bathroom, the location (to the city and forest), the quietness and friendly and helpful staff. If I would go back to Berlin I would most likely select this hotel again for my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends