Like much of this part of Berlin, the hotel is new and nice. It looks over the plaza with its rebuilt replicas of antique buildings. The area is the now the civic and downtown center of Berin, walking distance form Museum Island and full of high end restaurants. It is a safe area, clean and secure. A good place for business travelers and a good place to start your exploration of the new Berlin. It is a very nice modern hotel, but as such it suffers a bit from modern hotel thin walls and floors. Several times I could hear guests next door, enough so I had to wear earplugs. But that is the problem with modern travel. You need them now and then. We were there for nearly a week and enjoyed the staff and the great views, the steam and sauna, and free wifi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique and designer Hotel Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt is considered to be one of the most elegant addresses in the heart of the bustling capital. The small, unique boutique hotel, with 70 rooms and 22 suites designed by Harald Klein, combines minimalist Cocoon design with unique details, such as the play of light and shadow and of glass and black marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
- Berlin Sofitel