We spent 3 nights at this hotel, and whilst it was clean and comfortable, I have stayed in better. We (2 couples) had Luxury Rooms on the 4th floor which overlooked the Gendarmenmarkt. The views were stunning, but did get quite noisy at night when there was obviously some filming going on.
The rooms were very nice and we had a Nespresso machine which was a bonus. The bathroom was okay, but wasn't sure about the toilet door which also served as the bathroom door (difficult to describe). The rain shower was fantastic and by far one of the best showers I have experienced. The 6ft bed with mattress topper and lovely pillows was very comfortable and the bedding and towels good quality.
We didn't use the restaurant, preferring to venture out to different restaurants each night. We also went out for breakfast as we felt the 29.50 Euro price tag a bit too much for our budget.
The one thing I did miss was a lounge and bar, as it would have been nice to come back for a night cap before settling down for the night.
Only news channels in English although we didn't watch much TV anyway.
The biggest plus for this hotel was its location which was within walking distance of most of the main areas/attractions we wanted to visit. This would depend on how active/mobile you are of course As 50 somethings we were ok.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the city, but I have stayed in better and I have stayed in worse. It depends on what you are looking for. For the money paid most hotels would have had a lounge bar and possibly a pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique and designer Hotel Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt is considered to be one of the most elegant addresses in the heart of the bustling capital. The small, unique boutique hotel, with 70 rooms and 22 suites designed by Harald Klein, combines minimalist Cocoon design with unique details, such as the play of light and shadow and of glass and black marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
- Berlin Sofitel