I stayed at the Sofitel Hotel Gendarmenmarkt for two nights in May 2014. The hotel is in a great location close to a number of Berlin's main attractions and my room had a lovely terrace with fantastic views over the Gendarmenmarkt. The bed was very comfortable and the bedroom was secure with a peephole, chain and deadbolt on the door. Safety is a key consideration for me as a solo female traveller. I stayed in a junior suite which was a reasonable size but was surprised that it didn't have a bath tub. On the negative side, A bit more attention needs to be given to the cleanliness of the toilets, as the inside of the toilet in my room was stained. An overnight application of bleach should clear this up. On the whole, the hotel is a good base from which to explore the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique and designer Hotel Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt is considered to be one of the most elegant addresses in the heart of the bustling capital. The small, unique boutique hotel, with 70 rooms and 22 suites designed by Harald Klein, combines minimalist Cocoon design with unique details, such as the play of light and shadow and of glass and black marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
- Berlin Sofitel