Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
US$488
US$433
Agoda.com
1,509 results
All reviewshermes toiletriesluxury roomprestige suiteaigner restaurantbeautiful squareboutique feelbrandenburg gatechristmas marketconcert hallunter den lindenperfect locationnespresso machinemuseum islandaround the cornerwithin walking distanceexcellent hotelfifth floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2010

We stayed in Sofitel twice, last time in April 1-4 and it is a great place to stay. It’s located on one of the most beautiful of Berlin’s square within easy walking distance of the Opera house, Museum Island and shopping areas. The design is in warm brown and creamy white colors is well thought through, the rooms have a wonderful view on the squire, are spotless clean, airy and have everything you need. I have a platinum A club card and we were upgraded to a suite which was large, had a separate sitting area and Hermes toilette and fluffy white towels. The bed is just a dream to sleep in. Breakfast was plentiful with cold cuts, cereals, fresh juices and fruits, nuts, fresh danish, eggs any style – you name it! And everything works like Mercedes Benz in this hotel – efficient and effortless. But the most pleasant aspect of the hotel is its staff! Not only all of them and especially front desk are professional and polite but you have a feeling that they not only fulfill their duties but really do care how you feel there. We enjoyed our stay there and will be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ol221
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I am writing this, as I see that this hotel is not at the top of the listings for Berlin. It is some time since we stayed there, because, being now retired, we have to watch the pennies. But, if money were not a consideration, I would never stay anywhere else in Berlin. It is ideally placed, being near to many of the major attractions to which one can walk, and also a very short walk from the U-Bahn which links in to all the most useful stations. It also overlooks one of the most beautiful squares in Europe.
We have stayed there twice, at New Year. We had a suite overlooking Gendarmenmarkt and it was my idea of hotel heaven. The bed was huge; the view gorgeous; we had two toilets and the decor was beautiful (restful and sophisticated).
The breakfast is the best we have had anywhere in the world and the service was excellent.
It is not cheap, but for what you get it is very well worth it. It is my favourite hotel of anywhere I have been.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dopeyhopey
Reviewed 16 October 2009

First stay in Berlin and we were greeted with very pleasant staff and warm hospitality! As it was my husband's 40th, we were upgraded to a suite with amazing views over Gendarmenmarkt. The room was absolutely amazing, very trendy and modern, full of everything you might ever need in a room. I would give this hotel 10 out of 10 for attention to detail. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel, as a great place to stay. It's location is perfect, as it is within walking distance to Bradenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie and other great sites. I would like to thank the staff of Sofitel for a wonderful and memorable stay, and I will definitely be back to stay in this very charming hotel real soon!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christine12
H5342, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2009

Dear guest

On behalf of the whole team of the Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt I would like to express my sincere aprecciation for the above feedback.
Each team member is trying to fullfill and to exceed our guests expectations every day when we come to work and such a feedback is really a great reward for the entire team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again at our property.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times!

Reviewed 25 August 2009

The previous positive reviews are accurate. This is an innovative and comfortable hotel in a terrific location. My 5th floor room was small, but with a spectacular view of the square and twin cathedrals and a terrace/balcony from which to enjoy it.

Nearly every featrure, from the movable bathroom wall to the wondeful breakfast pastries, is of high standard. This hotel seems to have been throught through how it wants to present itself and designed its facilities with customers in mind.

There were a few original touches that were not my preference. The walls were all textures -- no picutres or decorations of any kind anywhere, which was a little severe and disorienting. The rooms would have benefitted from clocks, water cookers and clear internet guidance. The latter deficiency worked to my advantage. I thought I was signing on to pay for ADSL access, which was very fast and good, but in the end there was no charge, which is a real gift, since so many hotels charge a bundle for such connections which are of no marginal cost to them whatsoever.

Walking to nearby tourist destinations is easy. This is not Berlin's cheapest hotel, but it offers a superior breakfast and is not your typical hotel chain clone.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
H5342, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2009

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you very much for the time you have taken to communicate your experiences about your stay at our property on this webpage. It is indeed only with such feedback that we can endeavor to maintain and improve the service and hospitality we offer to all our guests.
I am very happy to hear your nice feedback and I am glad you liked most of our room features.
I have noted your comment about the internet connection in room, which apparently is not well enough explained and I will definately check on how we can improve the information provided.
Once again I would like to say THANK YOU for the feedback given - our team would be happy to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 10 August 2009

Just back from a long weekend in Berlin staying at the Sofitel. Location is perfect. Right on a beautiful square which was central and had lots of really nice restaurants and bars and cafes but still seemed really peaceful and quiet. Underground station in the square so perfect for travelling round although most places were a lot closer than they looked on the maps so ended up walking to most of the main sites.

Hotel was really modern with a boutique feel to it - although still quite cosy - lovely sitting area by reception and candles lit in the lobby at night. Had room 420 which was really big with bed and table and chairs and huge bathroom although no views of the square. Only negatives would be that one half of the curtains was in white fabric so you get woken up early by the light coming in and could also hear plumbing/running water from room next doors each time they ran their taps.

Suprised this hotel is so low down the trip advisor ratings - walked past some of the hotels that are higher up and they are in really crowded noisey areas. This hotel is right in the centre but in a really beautiful and comparatively quiet square. In the evenings there were a few open air bars in the sqaure which are lovely to sit out at and have a quiet drink

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glasgow77

Dear guest

I really appreciate you taking all the time to provide such a detailed feedback about your experience staying at our property.
I am glad to hear that you had a great time and that you liked the location of the hotel so much.
Besides our team members, who are the biggest asset to our "product", it is indeed the perfect location which makes the Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarket the perfect place to stay!
I am hoping that we will have the chance to welcoming you back very soon!