It is not just business travellers who look for Internet connection while away from home and office. Everyone from pensioners to students has found that it enhances travel. Not only emails anymore, but airline check-in, local weather, local information and with the iPad apps your hometown daily newspaper too. The iPad is perfect for the traveller. It is light and portable, has long battery life and is dead easy to use. So it was more than just mild disappointment that at the Berlin Sofitel their WiFi coverage rejects the iPad.. The desk knew about this problem and connected me to their service provider who explained that this was something they had not been able to resolve and that there was regrettably no work around.
Breakfast at the hotel is an eye watering €28 so if all you want is coffee and a croissant then the Cafe Einstein is a four minute walk away and they have free WiFi where the iPad is welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique and designer Hotel Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt is considered to be one of the most elegant addresses in the heart of the bustling capital. The small, unique boutique hotel, with 70 rooms and 22 suites designed by Harald Klein, combines minimalist Cocoon design with unique details, such as the play of light and shadow and of glass and black marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
- Berlin Sofitel