“Very reasonable on a budget. Good location.”

Max Brown Hotel Ku'damm
Ranked #202 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Very reasonable on a budget. Good location.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Basic, functional rooms. Good wifi. Stylish lobby for the type of hotel. Staff is friendly enough.

Location is very good in Wilmersdorf, but next to the Ku'damm and not far from Zoologischer Garten.

The breakfast (which was included in my room though) didn't seem a very good value at 9.99 EUR though. There are plenty of bakeries and restaurants in the area where to have something more interesting for the same price (or something similar for cheaper).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Danudanu
Monika P, Direktionsassistentin at Max Brown Hotel Ku'damm, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you that you have taken the time to send us your review. Your comments help us to improve our services constantly.

We wish you all the best.
Yours sincerely
Mandy Dochow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

About the fourth visit to this lovely friendly hotel. Excellent location, close to trains, entertainment and sights. Rooms are large and comfortable with everything you need. Only problem this time was i booked with Lastminute.com and not direct. We had been allocated 'French beds' which are not big enough for two people. This meant we had to pay extra on arrival to get a bed large enough for two! This was not the hotels fault.
Anyway, apart from that it was all good. Although the breakfast was good value at 9.99 euro's, we walked to a wonderful local bakers for freshly filled rolls,doughnuts and coffee for around 5 euro's. Nearby was a very nice American diner called Route 66 which was great value and very nice. We spent the evenings at The Irish Pub in the Europa Centre. Live music 7 nights a week and open till late.
Will be back for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Monika P, Direktionsassistentin at Max Brown Hotel Ku'damm, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Berlin and also for your reference. Your comments help us to improve our service. Our location on the Kurfürstendamm is one of our specialties. For our guests we have at the front desk numerous tips for visiting restaurants or bars in the neighborhood.

We wish you all the best.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This hotel was a very good stay. I was working near TUBerlin, this hotel was within walking distance and was centrally located with easy access to the rest of Berlin. Cleanliness of rooms was to a high standard and the room provided all essentials and was comfortable. Breakfast was good. I would be happy to recommend to anyone looking to stay in central location of Berlin.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PDrewello
Monika P, Direktionsassistentin at Max Brown Hotel Ku'damm, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice comments following your recent stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Berlin.

Kind regards
Bushey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Firstly it's relevant to say I didn't choose this hotel, it was part of one of those online voucher deals someone bought me. The location of this hotel is fine, a short walk from a few U-bahn stations, including Zoologisher Garten which is a major interchange with direct trains to and from Schonefeld airport. It looks modern from the outside, and the public areas are neatly decorated with pop-art on the walls.
As I went with a friend, at check-in, we asked about the chance of getting twin beds. This was requested on the original booking although the room was described as a double. We were told a twin room would be 15 euros extra per night, so we made do with what we had. I find usually that hotels will accommodate a request for twin beds, and they're normally the same price as a double!
The room was a 'Comfort Double'. Well, it was very small, and very basic. Wardrobe, TV, two chairs, no tea/coffee though. The bathroom was fine, except the shower head was more of a dribble than a spray effect! As the previous review mentioned, the pillows are awful and I woke with a headache. We asked at reception and they supplied two extra.
We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel as many reviewers had said it wasn't particularly good value. We found a cafe just a few minutes walk away which was cheaper and excellent (see my review for Cafe Miro).
Can I recommend this hotel? If you just want a cheap bed for the night, it's okay, but if you're looking for something special, look elsewhere. I can only comment on the 'Comfort' room of course, maybe they have better?

Room Tip: Avoid 'Comfort' level!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank italianjob
Monika P, Direktionsassitentin at Max Brown Hotel Ku'damm, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations. I would like to inform you that I have done a follow up with the respectively Head of Departments concerning the issues you have raised. It is only with guest feedback that we can ensure that we maintain our high standards and so this does not affect any of future guests.

Yours sincerely
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Hi, my wife and I visited friends who lived nearby. This hotel is excellently located, and offers up a great value for money place to stay. We were very impressed with the rooms. They were basic, but very comfortable and clean. We were within easy walking distance from taxis and all public transport. There were a few bars around us, and places to eat a few blocks to the North. Staff were excellent, spoke english and nothing seemed to be a problem. Would definitely stay there again. Only downside were the pillows on the bed, but i'm sure if we had of asked they could of provided new ones.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ryansharpnz
Monika P, Manager at Max Brown Hotel Ku'damm, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and that in particular you found the staff very kind and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Berlin.

Kind regards
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed 3 times at this hotel, when working in Berlin. I stayed only in the junior suites. These are nice rooms, nicely decorated with area for bedroom, small living room where you can watch tv and a shower, nice and clean. Breakfast is great. I don't know about the other rooms but the suites are really nice and prices also great!

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Monika P, General Manager at Max Brown Hotel Ku'damm, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks a lot for your great review and your efforts. We are very happy about your recommendation and would be pleased to welcome you again soon.
Best regards
Monika Piesker
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My friend who lives in Berlin recommended this hotel; he had driven by it and was impressed by the modern facade and large windows displaying a modern lobby, with a simple yet trendy decor. I did my reservation online, and the webpage was also quite impressive. I checked in, and was a bit surprised to get a key (not a keycard) in the reception, attached to a large and old keyring. I went upstairs, and... behold, it was a time warp to the 1980's. This place is in dire need of a renovation, which obviously was ONLY done in the lobby of the hotel. The hallways look plain and old, and my room had no A/C despite the uncomfortable heat of mid July. There was a noisy fan which scarcely helped with the high temperature. The rooms was like any other old European hotel: plain yet clean, a twin bed, very small room, tiny bathroom with the shower having barely enough space for one human being. I tried to log on the Internet using my iPad, to no avail. I went to the lobby to inquire and was told that the WiFi would not work with Apple products! I decided to give it a try, stayed one night, and left the following morning after spending a restless night.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any better / renovated rooms than the one I stayed in. Ask, but I woul...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank fado007
Monika P, General Manager at Max Brown Hotel Ku'damm, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations.
At time of your stay we already refurbished our lobby, breakfast restaurant and 4 junior suites. We hope we can refurbish all other parts of the Hotel in the near future.
We would like to thank you for staying with us and we hope to have another chance of hosting you again.

Best regards
Monika Piesker

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels