As usual, my criteria after value and location are whether a hotel is healthy, clean and safe. This one succeeds in all respects. An old style European hotel, or combination of two hotels, liitle bit rundown in places, it probably has a few different styles of rooms, old and modern. Mine was fine old, small for a single, but not too small at all, modern bathroom, good old fashioned radiator heat when needed, single bed on a platform that I thought would be uncomfortable, but gave me needed good nights of sleep. My window was easily opened wide above the intersection with the Kurfurstendam. Location is short walk from Zoo Garden Bahn station with quick access to bus and bahn transportation, train to Amsterdam, excellent Insider Berlin walking tours (reviewed elsewhere), closer Ubahn station at Kurfurst intersection, seemed to be able to get anywhere in about 20 minutes. Wish I'd had a better chair in the room for 5 night stay, and the wifi is strong and free, though really clunky to connect with. TV was full of mostly unwatchable stuff, one CNN English channel. Most of the restaurants in the area are pizza/pasta, but there's a great sidewalk beer and food cafe across the intersection. Less than $500.00 for 5 night stay. Caution: I don't think it was intentional, but their computer figured my bill with a formula that led to higher charge than the quoted rate on Hotels.com, corrected without a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AZIMUT Hotel Berlin Kurfurstendamm is a modern hotel located in the very heart of Berlin. It is located on the Kurfurstendamm, the famous 125-year-old boulevard laid down in the Wilhelminian period. There is only few minutes walking distance to the ruins of the Gedachtniskirche, one of the most famous sights of the city. AZIMUT Hotel Berlin Kurfurstendamm occupies two original buildings dating from the early 20th century. The breakfast restaurant offers unforgettable view down the shopping mile and over the Joachimstaler Platz. Individually designed rooms contrast with surviving period stucco features and a range of murals in the hotels communal areas. This unrivalled central location lures tourists and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your AZIMUT Hotel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belmondo Am Kurfurstendamm Berlin
- Belmondo Am Kurfurstendamm Hotel