“Nice location and good european standards”

Steigenberger Hotel Berlin
Ranked #100 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nice location and good european standards”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Nothing to complain on. Prices are a little bit too high for the food and drinks but because the company is paying, I don't think I should be worried. What is really good is that just around the corner you will find plenty of restaurants and it's just 2 minutes walking for some U tube station and 8 minutes of a slow walking to U2, U3 station. Nearby I have found plenty of stores. Recommended

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mariusz J
StbHB31, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Berlin, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear “Mariusz J”,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We are pleased to hear that your had a wonderful stay at our hotel. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Best regards from
STEIGENBERGER HOTEL BERLIN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Well situated, we had a large group of friends stay here for a couple of days in May and the staff were very helpful with our large booking. The rooms were great, comfortable with good showers. Hotel is well placed to get around Berlin, but there's also plenty to do in walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ed O
Deare “Ed O”,

Thank you for your great review.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel.

Hope to see you soon at the Steigenberger Hotel Berlin.

Kind regards,
Shefford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great hotel located in the West and by a main shopping parade. Was handy for the zoo and with the transport system links to most parts of the city.

The hotel was clean, tidy and the staff were really helpful with someone who limited German may not have got him too far.

Did this on a cheap break and with the weather made for a great weekend.

Did not have breakfast at the location as too many places away from the hotel that are far cheaper. Stayed for a lunchtime snack and that was was reasonable as were the drinks in a very upmarket location.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and no issues re noise at all.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LAXNYCUTAH
StbHB31, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Berlin, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Laxnycutah

Thank you very much for your kind comment.

Hopefully, we can welcome you soon again.

Kind regards

Gondra Wettley
Emmen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a few days for a business visit. Good rooms, well equipped. Breakfast is somewhat expensive (23 euro), but very good and the service is excellent. Good location in the heart of Berlin, just around the corner you are on Kurfürstendamm. Personnel is very professional, willing to help the clients and very precise and correct. A real business hotel.

Room Tip: I noticed no difference - both sides of the hotel seems to be quiet, as the hotel is just a block aw...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SanElle
StbHB31, General Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Berlin, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear SanElle

Thank you very much for taking the time of giving a feedback. We feel honoured about your positive comments and are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay.

Hopefully see you soon in Berlin!

Kind regards

Gondra Wettley
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This is a very good hotel for your stay in berlin. It's near to the city centre and near to all berlin attractions. Great hotel. Good food and service. Nice locations as well. Good for all ages. It's not at all expensive as well.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear “chinu99459”,

Thank you for your kind review.

It is great to know, that you have enjoyed your stay with us at all times.

Hopefully we can meet you once again at the Los Angeles Platz.

Kind regards,
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked a trip with direct flight to and from Berlin from Stockholm and three nights at the Steigenberger near Ku'damm about one week in advance. At about 500€ it was a real bargain, especially with Bauhaus-archiv, Tiergarten and Helmut Newton foundation within walking distance. Being close to Zoo station also means that it's very simple to get to and from Berlin Tegel airport.

I'm usually not the one to select hotel based on the number of stars, but rather by location and reviews made by other guests. I need walls, floor, roof, a bed, wifi and a bathroom to be satisfied (although I've added "a real door" to that list since staying at a hotel that was a bit too run-down even for my taste). Other than that, four- or five star hotels usually offer me nothing that I find useful, but the Steigenberger offered great value for just a little extra money.

The hotel staff was quite friendly and professional. The room was nice, clean, spacious and comfortable. The mini bar had a decent selection of beverages and got restocked each day, as well as an espresso machine with complimentary coffee. The interior decoration was top notch, with a comfortable bed, a large flat-screen TV, a small seating area, and a desk to set up my laptop. The hotel piano bar had a nice nice and relaxing atmosphere, although I only stayed long enough to have a beer and some snacks before going off to bed on my first night. Oh, being able to check-out as late as 3pm was great as well.

However, there are a few things that could be improved a bit.
- My room had a safety box, but it was a bit too small. Passport, money, my extra cellphone and one of my camera lenses would fit inside, but my - ultraportable-notepad-sized - laptop would not.
- Breakfast wasn't included and costs a whopping 23€, so I decided to have breakfast at the hotel only on my last day in Berlin. When I entered the salon - after signing a bill in advance - there weren't a single seat available. Not much of a problem though. I just had the bill torn, but it meant taking some time to find something to eat elsewhere when I had planned to eat and then go straight to the Helmut Newton museum.
- I planned on working out (with weights) one night, but the hotel fitness centre only offers a few threadmills, crosstrainers and an espresso machine. Not exactly what I was looking for after spending a whole day walking across Tiergarten, climbing to the top of the Victory column and stopping by local coffee shops numerous times.
- The water pressure in the shower was a bit weak, meaning that it took a lot longer to shower than I'm used to. The water fixture was a bit loose also, but it didn't break of during my stay. And the water temperature constantly jumped between "steam" and "ice cubes".

All in all, these faults weren't much of a problem to me, and I consider the stay at the Steigenberger great value for my money. I might very well stay there again the next time I visit Berlin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Magnus O
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My wife, son, daughter in law and myself stayed at the Steigenberger for five days on a visit to Berlin from April 7th-11th.

Our first impressions were all favourable, check in was fast and conducted by very professional yet welcoming staff. Our two adjacent rooms were well appointed and very comfortable with all the amenities you would expect from a quality hotel.

Each day we were checked by hotel staff to ensure we had everything we required, including the chambermaid service who should be congratulated for their attention to detail.

The hotel's location is ideal, within 6-10 minutes walk of the Zoologischer Banhof for S Bahn and U Bahn trains. City buses and tour buses are even closer should you require them. The hotel was marvellously quiet despite its proximity to the main shopping areas, bustling with modern cafés and restaurants.

The only negative point would be the cost of breakfast at the hotel, at 23 Euros, I thought this was excessive, but no doubt of excellent quality, given our experiences of all other aspects of the hotel.

Without exception, all the staff we came into contact with were impeccably professional, yet very very friendly, a credit to the hotel.

I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel as the perfect location for a Berlin city break.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends