Steigenberger Hotel Berlin
Hotel Remter(Berlin)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
4,766 results
All reviewspiano barlos angeles platzquiet squarefree travel cardgreat hotelexcellent locationpublic transportaround the cornerexcellent breakfastshopping areanice stayzoo stationcentral locationbusiness tripeasy accesss bahntegel airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were very satisfied with this hotel, the rooms were spotless and well serviced. The staff were very helpful and tolerated my limited German vocabulary. Great location for shopping and sightseeing. Would certainly stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison F
StbHB31, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear „Alison F“,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is wonderful to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel and that we could satisfy all your needs.

See you soon in the Steigenberger Hotel Berlin

Best regards from

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed with a small group on an organized bus tour for a long weekend. Ideally located the hotel is close to everything. Although the exterior looks rather shabby, it is quite modern and agreeable from the inside.
Breakfast was very good, a huge buffet with everything one could think of.
Now to the points I found rather unimpressive: When opening my towel after a shower, I found that it was full black shoe polish. Not the hotel's fault that some people cannot behave, but certainly their fault for not noticing.
Next day, new towels had been brought, but again my towel with stained with lipstick and brownish spots. VERY disgusting and most certainly not 5*.
At checkout, I only had to pay a small sum as it was an organized tour, the receptionist charged me took my money and waved me off without handing me a receipt. As the bus was waiting I had no time to argue, but I found that unacceptable.
Some of our group had been disturbed in their rooms for a collection of a so called ' bed tax'. This was very odd and I have never experienced anything like that anywhere in the world. So, would I come back or recommend? Sadly - no. Next time I visit Berlin I will try another hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
StbHB31, Guest Relations at Steigenberger Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear guest "Jerome"

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am glad to hear that you liked the hotel in general and breakfast. In regards to your experience with our bath towels I am very sorry. It is far away from our quality standard to provide the described towels to our guests. Our towels get washed and folded in a external laundry that is our partner for many years already. We will take your feedback as an opportunity to meet at a round table and repeat the hotels standardsin regards to quality checks on towels. Nevertheless, I do apologise for this unpleasent incident.

Concerning the charge of a "bed tax" directly in the rooms of your group members, I kindly need to inform you, that no hotel staff has collected the fee in the rooms. It must have been the group operator or tour guide, who visited the guests in the rooms. I would like to ask you to inform your travel agent about this incident, that is indeed uncommon. As an additional information: the bed tax is actually the "Berlin City Tax" and amounts 5% of the price the guest or group operator pays per room and night during check-out or when receiving the deposit invoice or final invoice. The city of Berlin requires this tax since 1st January 2014.

As well, I am very sorry that you have not received an invoice during check-out and I completely understand that is was an uncomfortable situation for you. I forwarded this incident to the Front Office Manager. She will remind her team within the shift handovers during this week about this step of our check-out procedure, which is indeed part of our service standards. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly at office@berlin.steigenberger.de, if you wish to receive your invoice belated.

If you should come to Berlin again, we would be grateful if you would give us the opportunity to convince you of an improved service. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have wishes or questions.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Steigenberger berlin for 11 days , I can say nothing but very satisfied during my whole business stay .
Me as an airline pilot had the chance to visit other 5 star hotels , but this is really different.
The location , the services , the breakfast , the rooms , the environment are all great , and on top of that is the smiling staff everywhere in the hotel , especially in the restaurant and the reception , and here I would like to mention the professional receptionist (Johanna Eber ) who knows her job perfectly.
I would recommend this hotel to other airlines and insist on my company Afriqiyah to stick to it whenever possible.
Capt.Bushaala

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Captain Bushaala,

Thank you for your comment.

We are pleased to hear that you felt very well treated at our hotel and that we could satisfy all your needs.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon at the Steigenberger Hotel in Berlin.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went on a business trip.By the first contact i was warmly welcomed and quickly accommodated.Room was very clean and equipped with everything i needed, no noise.Food was very good as well as the service, i was very impressed by the staff.
Unfortunately i went for business and couldn't bring my family,they have a very good location, zoo close by, not to mention the restaurants and shops.
I would recommend it to families as well as for business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
StbHB31, Guest Relations at Steigenberger Hotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest rj54q3

We like to thank you very much for your great review!

We feel honoured that you rated our hotel and our staff in such a positive way.

Hopefully, we can welcome you (perhaps with your family) soon again.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Steigenberger with four friends for a four-day break, and the hotel was excellent. We had no problems whatsoever, and the staff were very helpful with any requests we had. The rooms were very clean, spacious and modern, and suited for three of us sharing a room. The hotel is also in a great location, being just around the corner from the Zoo and the Kurfürstendamm, with plenty of good shops and restaurants. The metro systems are also just around the corner, and it is also quite a peaceful road in the middle of a popular city. I wouldn't hesitate in returning if and when I visit Berlin again in the future!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Camilla C

Dear Camilla

Thank you very much for your positive feedback in regards to your recent stay.

It is great that you had an excellent stay in the hotel and in Berlin!

I hope we can welcome you soon again.